Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Physics PHYA2 thread! 5th June 2013 Watch

• View Poll Results: What mark do you think you got out of 70?
    0-20
    3.00%
    21-40
    6.00%
    41-50
    14.50%
    51-60
    39.50%
    61-70
    37.00%

ReputationRep:
    Cheers!
    (Original post by Davelittle)
    Frequency was 6.0 HZ

Speed was 4.5x10^3

lambda=c/f=4.5x10^3/6.0=750m

ReputationRep:
    Frequency was 6.0 HZ

Speed was 4.5x10^3

Damn it I think I did that but accidentally put 4.5x10^-3 into my calculator! Argh I swear half my lost marks are for being a muppet with the calculator

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goods)
    NatSci is 8 per place.... More at the better colleges for science
    http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergrad...ourses/natsci/

Applications per place: 4
    Number accepted: 675

Damn, I guess the website must be wrong :/

ReputationRep:
    If someone composes an unofficial mark scheme let me know so I can add it to the original post : )

ReputationRep:
    Physics exam was sexy :awesome::yy::mmm::top::yep::teeth:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nich01as)
    http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergrad...ourses/natsci/

Applications per place: 4
    Number accepted: 675

Damn, I guess the website must be wrong :/
    No it is correct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waheed786)
    Ohh trust me you haven't it just seems like you're being a bit full of yourself, you sound like one of them posh school kids , whom I hate so very much. And I've been putting my head down hope full marks is round 60.
    Full marks will probs 70 :-) like I said, it was not a difficult paper... Absolute beauty of a paper in fact!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think everyone misunderstood the last question on the paper. It was white light passing through a single slit. Look at the textbook page 202, figure 2. Apparently no one here realized it.

ReputationRep:
    Was this 2 marks??.. if so could you kindly allocate where the marks would be awarded. I use c=flambda , rearranged to make lambda the subject.. but i got 7.5x10^-4.. how did you get 750m from that was the speed not given in m/s?
    Frequency was 6.0 HZ

Speed was 4.5x10^3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by february-girl)
    Full marks will probs 70 :-) like I said, it was not a difficult paper... Absolute beauty of a paper in fact!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The highest for 120ums since june09 has been 62 raw marks. I think 120 ums will be 65/70 at max. People doing it for the first time will not have found it as easy as the retakers

ReputationRep:
    **** ! thats what i did! how many marks do you think we would lose? considering it was 2 marks? if im correct?
    (Original post by spleenharvester)
    Damn it I think I did that but accidentally put 4.5x10^-3 into my calculator! Argh I swear half my lost marks are for being a muppet with the calculator

ReputationRep:
    haha init this Cambridge girls off her trolley!
    (Original post by .raiden.)
    The highest for 120ums since june09 has been 62 raw marks. I think 120 ums will be 65/70 at max. People doing it for the first time will not have found it as easy as the retakers

ReputationRep:
    If only I knew the volume of a sphere was on the formula sheet....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .raiden.)
    I don't think it will be as high as 65, have you seen the amount of people dropping marks on silly errors! This paper was littered with traps!

ReputationRep:
    Cheers!
    You're welcome

ReputationRep:
    **** ! thats what i did! how many marks do you think we would lose? considering it was 2 marks? if im correct?
    If we're lucky we might get one for rearrange it properly etc, they are generous sometimes. Ah well, whatever happened, happened

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it will be as high as 65, have you seen the amount of people dropping marks on silly errors! This paper was littered with traps!
    Note I said max

ReputationRep:
    JUST TO GET PEOPLES ATTENTION !!!

I think everyone misunderstood the last question on the paper. It was white light passing through a single slit. Look at the textbook page 202, figure 2. Apparently no one here realized it.

EDIT: It wasn't a easy question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nich01as)
    Exaggeration? :P Natural Sciences (Which I'm applying for) has 4 per place.
    Wow, that is a hell of a lot lower. I firmed my Bristol offer for Maths, and that had 14 places per applicant according to their website. I would only assume Oxbridge would be higher.
    Perhaps Maths gets more applications?

ReputationRep:
    Yeap I think that would be likely. yeap thats the philosophy, nothing we can do to change the result now! hope you done well though mate, I need 120 UMS for this hopefully it will be about 61/62 made a silly mistake on this one though!
    (Original post by spleenharvester)
    If we're lucky we might get one for rearrange it properly etc, they are generous sometimes. Ah well, whatever happened, happened

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.