Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    Nah , it's just that TSR has 'colourful' underlined in red which buggers me :rolleyes:
    That would be your American internet browser's doing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplemind)
    Ok, so P(B|A)=1/5
    P(B|A')=3/7
    I add them and get P(B)=22/35
    My textbook says it should be 9/35
    So I don't know if it is right and the answer in the textbook is wrong or the other way round. :confused:
    I'm probably wrong. Look as justinawe's post. I haven't done stats in a long time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scientific Eye)
    I'm probably wrong. Look as justinawe's post. I haven't done stats in a long time.
    Ok, thank you for trying to help me anyway.

ReputationRep:
    It's not too late for me, got 75/75 June C3 :cool:

Although this took me for ever to do... I only got the answer because it seemed to be what they'd have wanted as opposed to what I got.

- asec^2(at)/(acos(at))

= - a sec^3(at)

ReputationRep:
    Still they make my S1 notes look rusty in comparison , who me or justin?
    LOOL, my friend didn't know anything about s1 so I made them for her and they turned out to be better than I thought so I took a pic haha
    Both of you! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justinawe)
    That would be your American internet browser's doing
    Mozilla Firefox? :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    Mozilla Firefox? :eyeball:
    yeah? Mozilla Foundation is based in the USA

ReputationRep:
    In C2 does it matter if you use a method to find the area under a curve if its not on the mark scheme however you still get the same answer?

(For example them integration questions where you do the (line-curve) then integrate or find area of the curve - area of a shape)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    It's not too late for me, got 75/75 June C3 :cool:

Although this took me for ever to do... I only got the answer because it seemed to be what they'd have wanted as opposed to what I got.

- asec^2(at)/(acos(at))

= - a sec^3(at)
    Wouldn't the 'a's cancel out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by osman705)
    In C2 does it matter if you use a method to find the area under a curve if its not on the mark scheme however you still get the same answer?

(For example them integration questions where you do the (line-curve) then integrate or find area of the curve - area of a shape)
    No. it doesn't matter, if the working and answer are correct, I'm pretty sure you attain full credit.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't the 'a's cancel out?
    That's not the point

It was just the fractions in fractions... How do I know whether it's being multiplied through the bottom or top?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by osman705)

It'll be accepted if they asked you to "find the area under the curve".

If they specifically asked you to integrate to find the area, then no.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the speedy reply (repped)

ReputationRep:
    That's not the point

It was just the fractions in fractions... How do I know whether it's being multiplied through the bottom or top?
    What? Seems like you're not comfortable with basic fraction operations :naughty:

\dfrac{-a\sec^2 (at)}{a\cos (at)} = \dfrac{-a}{\cos^2 (at)} \times \dfrac{1}{a\cos (at)}

ReputationRep:
    What? Seems like you're not comfortable with basic fraction operations :naughty:

\dfrac{-a\sec^2 (at)}{a\cos (at)} = \dfrac{-a}{\cos^2 (at)} \times \dfrac{1}{a\cos (at)}
    I multiplied top and bottom by 1/(acos(at))

And the as aren't meant to cancel out :confused:

My final answer was:

-Sec^3 (at)

Oh :facepalm: :lol:

I know what happened... My initial answer was right (thankfully I didn't change itbefore I marked it)

I had second thought and just multiplied and it went wrong. If I deduct that anyway, it's still an A*. 72 marks.

But I had it first!

ReputationRep:
    I multiplied top and bottom by 1/(acos(at))

And the as aren't meant to cancel out :confused:

My final answer was:

-Sec^3 (at)

Oh :facepalm: :lol:
    I could have cancelled the as out immediately, but whatever :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I could have cancelled the as out immediately, but whatever :dontknow:
    Don't worry, my mistake

ReputationRep:
    Guys, need some quick help with C2 here, it's kinda important. :O

Is Log(28x-9) the same as log28x - log9 ??? I would guess not but need some one to confirm. Can we multiply out logs like that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE-help)
    Guys, need some quick help with C2 here, it's kinda important. :O

Is Log(28x-9) the same as log28x - log9 ??? I would guess not but need some one to confirm. Can we multiply out logs like that?
    No.

\log (28x) - \log (9) = \log \left( \dfrac{28x}{9} \right), using basic log rules.

So definitely not the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    This has got to be the worst a level maths question I have seen lmfao. I scored 1/14 on it.

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...2-QP-JAN12.PDF

Question 8. I can't make any progress past part (a). Can anyone explain what to do at all?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.