Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polka_dott)
    Does it send it when everything is done?? Not sure if it is gone or not! As in gone to ask for the references to be added!
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...postcount=1760

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have made a mistake not too dissimilar and i was wondering how you resubmitted? I wasn't aware you could start again and still apply for 2014 entry.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I had an email from marjon a saying that they weren't running the pgce courses this year just the school direct course instead . Bit gutted as they were in my list.
    (Original post by bluiestevie)
    HELP has anyone chose to apply to marjons? I can't find them on search!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esmeralda4)
    I would apply to do the same course at different universities. To me, if you apply to do something you don't want to then it is still a waste.
    Unfortunately I don't have luxury of being able to travel to any other university other than my local one, I have 2 children under 3 so I can't spend hours travelling to different university's which are so far away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PaigeeeBecs)
    Hi,

I have made a mistake not too dissimilar and i was wondering how you resubmitted? I wasn't aware you could start again and still apply for 2014 entry.

Im not sure who this was for, but as I mentioned making a mistake a few pages ago I thought I would answer.

I didn't resubmit, I contacted the individual places I'd applied for and wrote what the mistake was and the proper answer, 2 have got back and said they've noted it down and waiting on the other place.

But when I rang UCAS she said you can resubmit, but you need to ring them to cancel the application, then your details won't be on the system and you can start again.

You might have to use a different email address though and obviously you'll have to send your references again off your new account so you'd have to explain that to them
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Cina)
    Thanks! Atm in january I will be spending a week in my history department at my secondary school and another week in June. I was also thinking maybe on my day off next term seeing if I could go into a local school once a week but then that might impact on my study time? I don't know if this will help but in Sep 2015 I'm going to Mexico to teach kids english for 2 weeks. I just realised I'll be applying for 2017 not 2016 lol
    Sounds good, like you're doing all the right things. Only you can judge whether you can afford the time off - I wouldn't have been able to, but other students could. Also look into if you can do any teaching modules as part of your degree - on my physics course I'm spending 20% of this year completing a teaching module. Not only does this add to experience, but also shows a familiarity with the academic methods used to develop teaching.

(Original post by Denu)
    Oh good grief...there are times when I wish I was still a student and had easy access to this sort of information! Am filling in the Education section for my degree and am completely stumped for the subjects / credits part of it. The course has changed significantly since I graduated ten years ago (it was a new course at the time), so what's on the university website doesn't really reflect what I studied. Do I guess? Enter subjects / modules but no credits (have no clue what the breakdown was!)?

How are other mature students managing this stuff?
    Surely it should say all this on your transcript? Or if not, at least on your results printout from the end of each year.

(Original post by littlesmurfette)
    Not applying this year- but just want to wish everyone luck. I'm doing my PGCE at KCL at the moment and absolutely loving it. Hard work and can get a little tedious- but worth it over all.

Good luck everyone.
    Hey. I'm applying to Kings, and it's currently my prefered choice. Would you mind writing a little about how the course is taught and what some of the pros and cons are?

ReputationRep:
    Heard a rumor that the English PGCE has been pulled from Sheffield Hallam. Can anyone confirm this? It's still appearing on the course search and the website doesn't say anything...

ReputationRep:
    My second reference hasn't accepted yet (I submitted Thursday night). Normally I would be okay with this but read other people's posts re junk mail etc, I am a wee bit worried.

Is anyone else going through the stage of complete confidence (totally nailing my first choice) to utter despair (not getting any interviews)?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fen2k)
    My second reference hasn't accepted yet (I submitted Thursday night). Normally I would be okay with this but read other people's posts re junk mail etc, I am a wee bit worried.

Is anyone else going through the stage of complete confidence (totally nailing my first choice) to utter despair (not getting any interviews)?!
    I am going through exactly the same thing. I have emailed the headteacher three times now! And still no reply... What can we do in this scenario! You spend so much time on your application for it potentially to be ruined by a third party...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fen2k)

Yep, currently going through the 'utter despair' stage of the cycle right now. Forgot how hard this is and my application hasn't even been sent off yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amul1992)
    Heard a rumor that the English PGCE has been pulled from Sheffield Hallam. Can anyone confirm this? It's still appearing on the course search and the website doesn't say anything...
    I would imagine that if it lets you apply it's still open, so don't panic.

However, the easiest way is to contact the uni themselves. It is possible that they have now received allocations and not been given any places... seems like this might have happened with another uni someone mentioned above!

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fen2k)

Same, my second reference hasn't accepted yet. But I'm hoping it's because I put his school email address so will probably check it tomorrow when the school day starts but I just emailed to ask him if he had received the email as it can sometimes go in your junk mail. So I'm hoping that if he replies tomorrow, it might nudge him to get it done or at least for him to let me know when he can do it. I worried incase he forgets about it.. Also he's quite blunt in his email responses. I don't want to wait two weeks cos i don't want the unis to close their courses.

I'm having that too! At times I think my personal statement is good enough to at least get me an interview but then I'm like thinking it's not good enough etc! I'm considering my back up plans a lot too... I just want to know!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fen2k)

(Original post by womanonamission)
    I am going through exactly the same thing. I have emailed the headteacher three times now! And still no reply... What can we do in this scenario! You spend so much time on your application for it potentially to be ruined by a third party...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If your reference is a school head teacher then you really need to relax. Essentially, you've given them one day if you submitted on Thursday. They have no obligation to do anything school related on a weekend and I think you'll understand why they need that time off once you become a teacher!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alabelle)
    Yep, currently going through the 'utter despair' stage of the cycle right now. Forgot how hard this is and my application hasn't even been sent off yet.
    Does this mean you've had to rearrange your skills test?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxstace123xx)
    Im not sure who this was for, but as I mentioned making a mistake a few pages ago I thought I would answer.

I didn't resubmit, I contacted the individual places I'd applied for and wrote what the mistake was and the proper answer, 2 have got back and said they've noted it down and waiting on the other place.

But when I rang UCAS she said you can resubmit, but you need to ring them to cancel the application, then your details won't be on the system and you can start again.

You might have to use a different email address though and obviously you'll have to send your references again off your new account so you'd have to explain that to them
    Thanks I thought I could cancel it and then resubmit! The uni I apply for won't have seen this application will they?

ReputationRep:
    Yes - can confirm that providing your references haven't been submitted and you use another email, you can reapply so to speak. Phew. To make 100% sure, remove your referees from you initial/wrong application.

ReputationRep:
    My second referee accepted the email last night but still hasn't completed the reference. I had to cancel my skills tests yesterday (they were booked for today). Good job that I did though, as my daughter had an accident last night and is now off school anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    Does this mean you've had to rearrange your skills test?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah, my first skills test isn't til the 6th December, so I have nearly two weeks before that. If my referees haven't finished by then I'll be more worried about the universities closing to applications rather than my skills tests...

ReputationRep:
    Yes! Second reference done! All paid and sent! So excited

ReputationRep:
    I am going through about 20 different stages of this in varying degrees! I didn't realise that you had to click another button to send off the references so mine went much later than planned. I'm not panicking as my second reference hasn't replied to any emails and I've had to come to work today so now spending every spare minute pressing 'refresh' on the same page!!
    hahaha!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.