Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    You beat me by three, I got 89 in M1
    Ooh only because M1 boundaries were freakishly low this year :eek: For edexcel it was 56/75 for an A :sexface:

Nice one nonetheless. Overall how did you do, and if you don't mind me asking did you make your grades?

ReputationRep:
    A*AA. Did not expect the A*. Really glad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoseBrilliante)
    Ok, that sounds really interesting haha :P And yeah, I think the only detective show I watched was Sherlock (absolutely love that).
    I like the real life crime ones like 'nightmare next door' and 'killer kids' haha! I sound really weird saying all this but I'd love to do that job so, if anyone reading this has a parent that's a detective...hit me up haha

ReputationRep:
    I got ADE for AS what do I do I'm so depressed thought I did well but the E for economics wasn't expected at all. All our economics class are getting the papers marked again.

Does anyone think uni will accept for an ABB course?. Planning to resit 2 papers end of may along with my A2. Any help?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My brother got BBBC at AS today. Is medicine possible if he gets predicted AAA or AAB and he has experience/voluntary work etc.

ReputationRep:
    Got A*AAA!

Technically missed my offer which was A* (Maths or Physics) AA as I got:

Maths: A
    Physics: A
    English Language and Literature: A
    Chemistry: A* (god knows how!)

but was accepted anyway.
    On to Manchester for Physics with Astrophysics!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shaminn)
    HELP.

I HAVE got a place at my Uni for Law, now, they wanted AAA but I got AAB, they still let me in and my offer changed to Unconditional Offer. Now my question is, I want to do a remark for one of my subjects (English Lit) which I got the B in and I was 2 UMS away from an A. Do you think if the grade were to go down to a C for example, would they take back the offer and not accept me?

Thanks!
    You were close to the A, so why not? I don't think you could go down to a C because their marking would be inconsistent, and you could get them into trouble if you drop a grade, not a few marks. If you're talking about having one module remarked. As there are 40 marks in between each boundary.

(Original post by Robbie242)
      Ooh only because M1 boundaries were freakishly low this year :eek: For edexcel it was 56/75 for an A :sexface:

Nice one nonetheless. Overall how did you do, and if you don't mind me asking did you make your grades?
      Oh I do OCR OCR's boundaries were quite high.

I did ok, I got A*AA Just missed the A* in maths I got into the uni I wanted though!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Maid Marian)
      Oh I do OCR OCR's boundaries were quite high.

I did ok, I got A*AA Just missed the A* in maths I got into the uni I wanted though!
      Ah fair enough!

She says ''I did ok, I got A*AA'' - Only on TSR. Well done! Maths at uni should be fun

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Cryl)
      A*AA. Did not expect the A*. Really glad
      Same, what subjects?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by StuartMannick)
      In need of help regarding Re-sits, got B,B,B,D In my AS results in History,R.S,Psychology and Applied science respectively. However I am confused as to whether I should resit my January exams in History and R.S. As for both I got 64/100 UMS Marks doing the exams handwritten, I have bad handwriting due to previous medical problems so in June used a word processor. as to which I got 95/100 and 93/100 in each exam respectively. I Was wondering whether it would be useful to Retake the exams that I took in January handwritten, next summer on a word processor.
      I don't think handwriting really makes a difference, unless it's illegible and hurts your hand to the point you cant write. Maybe you just did better in the resits with the second time to revise? If you want to then as that's big improvement!

ReputationRep:
      got my AS results CCE in English lit, history and biology, and a D in extended project. I know I wasn't well but I'm still gutted. English has always been my strong point, but my teacher is getting the whole class remarked because basically no one got their target. as for history well I expected worse, and I revised so hard for biology like you wouldn't believe so I don't know what happened there. I basically have to do AS and A2 at the same time next year :s

EDIT: the unis I had my heart set on are now out of reach

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Anybody who get into the University of Kent?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Ender'sgame)
      Same, what subjects?
      English, Psychology and Law you?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Ripper-Roo)
      I don't think handwriting really makes a difference, unless it's illegible and hurts your hand to the point you cant write. Maybe you just did better in the resits with the second time to revise? If you want to then as that's big improvement!
      They weren't re-sits they were just the second batch of exams for the course... trust if you seen my handwriting especially under timed conditions I cant even read it afterwards, so would be almost impossible for an examiner to.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Cryl)
      English, Psychology and Law you?
      Geography, Maths and Physics. Well done.

ReputationRep:
      Chemistry B
      Further maths C
      History B
      Maths B

Congratulations, everyone!

(Original post by Robbie242)
        Ah fair enough!

She says ''I did ok, I got A*AA'' - Only on TSR. Well done! Maths at uni should be fun
        Hehe thanks. :bigsmile: Yes, I'm sure it will be lots of fun, maths is renowned for being... very fun... I'm going to have the time of my life...
        Still, at least I won't have to write essays :bigsmile::crossedf:

ReputationRep:
        help me please!
        I have gone into adjustment and got some offers, do i need to be released by both my confirmed choice and my insurance?

Hey,
          I have a question; I am a GCSE student but was allowed to take a single module of AS MATHS (C1). I got an A, and on the results paper it says 100 Marks... The person in the exam office said it indicated the raw marks, but in edexcel C1 the raw marks are out of 75? Is the 100 the UMS? Between, the school operates on SIMS.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
        Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.