Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Imagine choosing to be a Chelsea fan though...assuming you're not local

That vague sense of shame, dirtiness, awfulness. Who would choose that?
    lol

ReputationRep:
    **** me, Fabregas carried Denilson for years

You watch a few of those games back and you realise how special Cesc was
    Special players bring the best out of their team mates.

The midfield talent we have had over the years is incredible. Say what you want about Wenger but he knows how to find quality midfielders in abundance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Pink)
    Special players bring the best out of their team mates.

The midfield talent we have had over the years is incredible. Say what you want about Wenger but he knows how to find quality midfielders in abundance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That is Wengerball, he is an idealist.

11 players ought to stand up against each other and the collective with the most quality wins, hopefully played the right way. You must never park the bus, if you have any self-respect at least. OK for some...

These men are rare, but I think football would be better with just Wengers...

ReputationRep:

11 players ought to stand up against each other and the collective with the most quality wins, hopefully played the right way. You must never park the bus, if you have any self-respect at least. OK for some...

I've never really understood this argument tbh I mean I love watching attacking football and one touch passing but I mean defending is a part of the game and if you need to sit back to defend a lead then so be it. If you saw the team you have to play destroying teams on the counter and when there's space to run into then it'd be pretty ignorant to go into the game and think "Ive seen this team thrash other teams whove tried to play..I know lets go all out attack.." so it was good tactics in the end imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    lol
    I swear you jinxed the chelsea team jam

ReputationRep:

Only problem with Wengerball is that it is heavily over reliant on confidence. Once a few of our players struggle, it quickly spreads throughout the whole team like a virus. Paul Scholes said this year that we lacks leadership and, to an extent, this is true. Once we lose that confidence in our attacking play you can see the players are hesitant to ask for the ball in tight spaces and lack the qualities to bring others in to the game.

Our defensive shape was the key as to why we dominated the first half of the season. We finally have found a decent base to utilise our attack to it's full potential. The thing we do lack though, as previously mentioned, is that leadership in our midfield. We need a Vieira-esque player to complete the missing piece of the puzzle and to take some control during those hard times. Flamini is the only player capable of coming close to this in our squad at the moment and Wenger's reluctance to use him over Arteta has been a mistake all season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Who remembers crazy Jens?

I loved him because I was a kid, he hasnt that great of a keeper. But I loved egging him on so much ''hammer him Jens'', ''do him'' : ''dant **** abaat, ave im'' D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Imagine choosing to be a fan of a team you aren't local to, end of. I can only imagine it would be incredibly difficult to actually identify with the club and local supporters. I know there were Liverpool fans who were routing for Everton to beat us the other week, what sort of bull**** is that?! No proper Scouser would want them to win, the only situation in which I would want a Spurs win was if we were in the unlikely situation of being relegated and them beating the opposition would keep us up, but knowing them, they would rollover! Pretty much why I don't have time London United & Liverpool fans (although the former have been disappearing at an alarming rate and the latter, crawling out of the woodwork! :rolleyes:) I know one United fan who literally lives across the road from the Emirates ffs.
    What? Football is a global sport, people support who they want regardless of where they live. I respect any football fan so long as they stay true to one club. (I know this argument has been done to death)
    I didn't have much of a choice since my parents moved from Manchester to London due to my Dad getting a job there when I was 9. On average I've gone to 5/6 home games per season.

ReputationRep:
    Ive got basically all Arsenal games on video/dvd so just comparing our play back to 2000-2006, we have so few wingers arriving late into the box. Ramsey makes these runs but looiking back at Pires/Ljungberg man...

Obviously we have Bergkamp, but the way our wingers would arrive unmarked, late was really special.
    The movement in the team was unreal. When Bergkamp was on the ball, players around him knew to run into space in behind because they knew he could find him. Perfect example

Bergkamp has the ball for about 5 seconds, he looks up and no one is making a run. Patrick notices this and runs into space. Bergkamp finds him and its a goal.

Now you look at some periods in this season where Ozil was in this position where he had the ball and no one makes the run. Ramsey's movement has been superb this season but we need more people to take initiative if we want to progress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    The movement in the team was unreal. When Bergkamp was on the ball, players around him knew to run into space in behind because they knew he could find him. Perfect example

Bergkamp has the ball for about 5 seconds, he looks up and no one is making a run. Patrick notices this and runs into space. Bergkamp finds him and its a goal.

Now you look at some periods in this season where Ozil was in this position where he had the ball and no one makes the run. Ramsey's movement has been superb this season but we need more people to take initiative if we want to progress.
    Bergkamp had a way of making time slow down, everyone knew he was going to create something dangerous but it could be anything

Vieira wasnt even a DM tnh, Gilberto was, but the off the ball running was special in that team. Almost everyone was looking for the ball :moon:

Vieira was a very intelligent player, he knew where the space was and when to close the space. When Bergkamp had the ball like that and no one else is making a run, then Patrick is !!!

ReputationRep:
    What I love about those times especially was that the runners were sure that somebody would spot them and supply. If you're on the ball for more than 5 seconds then you have options. Compare that the current Arsenal, basically youve got Ozil in the Bergkamp role but who is he trying to hit? Walcott when he comes back and Ramsey but the style generally is ssooooooo different

Imagine Ozil with Henry, Pires, Ljungberg in front. Fish in a barrel. Still say Thierry is the best ever PL player tbf., zero weaknesses.

On point, we will not see the best of Ozil without serious movement in front of him. Ozil is like a special needs teacher with Giroud FFS. Even Bergkamp couldnt make this **** make the proper runs

ReputationRep:
    Still say Thierry is the best ever PL player tbf., zero weaknesses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    And Pires was better than Cantona.

ReputationRep:
    Cantona is eaaaasssssillly the most hyped up player in PL history. The guy had charisma, but why couldnt he get a game for France? Contribution in the CL?

Not a top player, at all. or if he is, so if Paul Merson.

But I will say, he had a big role in making Utd what they are so thats perhaps even more important. But as a footballer? Please dont pretent he could clean Thierry's boots

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    And Pires was better than Cantona.
    Haven't seen enough of Cantona to say really. But he was premier league player of the year, and third in the Ballon D'or. Pires wasn't.

ReputationRep:
    Did my Ronaldo gif even work, it's not showing up

ReputationRep:
    Cantona is eaaaasssssillly the most hyped up player in PL history. The guy had charisma, but why couldnt he get a game for France? Contribution in the CL?

Not a top player, at all. or if he is, so if Paul Merson.

But I will say, he had a big role in making Utd what they are so thats perhaps even more important. But as a footballer? Please dont pretent he could clean Thierry's boots
    Agree to an extent. Sir Alex's most important player ever though. He made everything click for us. Only natural for United fans to overrate him because of this. Still a top top player. Unbelievable aura.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Agree to an extent. Sir Alex's most important player ever though. He made everything click for us. Only natural for United fans to overrate him because of this. Still a top top player. Unbelievable aura.
    I think youre spot on. He was a big big deal in creating the Utd mythos. Got the ball rolling, cot people excited etc

Will always say though that Roy Keane was the man who fought for your place at the top table, scary watching him as an Arsenal fan. People talk about Scholes, Cantana but Keano was the man imo.

Roy Keane is the kind of guy who leads the charge over the trenches at the German guns at the Somme...I can imagine him literally throwing men over whilst screaming about ''cowards''

Still remember when he squared up to Shearer, Alan was taking step after step back that I thought he would end up in gateshead...

''Ill shin ya...see ya out there ya ****''

dont even know what it means to 'shin' someone but it sounds terrible

ReputationRep:
    De Boer is considering joining Spurs according to BBC:

Frank de Boer, who has just won his fourth successive Dutch title with Ajax, says that he will consider the possibility to taking over at Tottenham at the end of the season.
    "I'm going to talk and listen. I would like to add something to a club, that people can say they see the hand of Frank de Boer," the 43-year-old told Netherlands national broadcaster NOS.
    "There is a beautiful example at Liverpool. That is what Brendan Rodgers is doing now 'making his mark'."

ReputationRep:
    Scored some huge goals for as well, which only made us adore him more.

Roy Keane is the kind of guy who leads the charge over the trenches at the German guns at the Somme...I can imagine him literally throwing men over whilst screaming about ''cowards''
    :lol:

Reminds me of this

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.