Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Great, thanks for the reply, good luck to you too !

ReputationRep:
    has anybody had an interview for adult nursing at mmu ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clo1996)
    Great, thanks for the reply, good luck to you too !
    No worries! Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ollynicky)
    Hey I usually wear a blouse and trousers for mine but have brought a dress for my upcoming one!

So a dress, black cardigan, tights and dolly shoes! And you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is the vibe I was going for, I'm undecided on a dress or skirt.

I did wonder if a smart blouse and jeans would be too casual although I'd definitely feel a lot more comfortable in that so just wondered what everybody else went for without being too over or underdressed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessie113)
    This is the vibe I was going for, I'm undecided on a dress or skirt.

I did wonder if a smart blouse and jeans would be too casual although I'd definitely feel a lot more comfortable in that so just wondered what everybody else went for without being too over or underdressed

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I usually go with what I feel comfortable in! But in most interviews I've seen people not dress up as much as I expected! So I wouldn't go over the top go smart/casual! I'm putting a dress with a cardigan so the dress gives it a smart look, but the cardigan tones it down so I feel comfortable!

Whatever you decide on in sure you'll look lovely!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Regarding how to dress up, last interview I went to, I wore a suit and so did another guy, but another guy had trainers on, very casual wear and didn't get past the aptitude test. The women were moderately smartly dressed with nothing too formal.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, can anyone give me any tips on current issues/affair linked to childrens nursing?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, can anyone give me any tips on current issues/affair linked to childrens nursing?
    Hello! There has been a bit in the news about children in mental health crisis being held in police cells, as there is such a shortage of services to accommodate them on wards. The funding cuts in general is a big one to talk about at the moment. Or, you could talk about the A&E waiting times. That isn't directly linked to children, but it is exclusive of children and shows a wider interest Look on the BBC news website/app, there are loads of articles on there. Hope that helps! X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KittyAnneR)
    Hello! There has been a bit in the news about children in mental health crisis being held in police cells, as there is such a shortage of services to accommodate them on wards. The funding cuts in general is a big one to talk about at the moment. Or, you could talk about the A&E waiting times. That isn't directly linked to children, but it is exclusive of children and shows a wider interest Look on the BBC news website/app, there are loads of articles on there. Hope that helps! X
    Hey thank you, I never though about that first point! I shall take them on board! You've been a big help! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey thank you, I never though about that first point! I shall take them on board! You've been a big help! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No problem! Also, I meant 'inclusive' of children, not exclusive, oops! I'm also going to study nursing, but mental health. Anything else you wanna chat about, give me a shout! X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KittyAnneR)
    No problem! Also, I meant 'inclusive' of children, not exclusive, oops! I'm also going to study nursing, but mental health. Anything else you wanna chat about, give me a shout! X
    Cheers, I shall so! Good luck with your mental health nursing! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good afternoon All,

Congratulations for all those that have conditional offers.

Has anyone got an interview at Hertfordshire Wednesday?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an offer from Kingston University?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DianaOj)
    CONGRATULATIONS! Ohh wow awesome offers

We have similar situations :P !

Kings : Conditional offer (firm)
    LSBU: Interview 17th of March (Insurance if accepted)
    Anglia Ruskin: Conditional (second insurance)
    West London: Conditional
    City: Unsuccessful
    WELL DONE!!!!
    Ahh might see you in September then at either Kings or LSBU!

Best of luck for your interview at South bank, just do what you did at Kings and you'll smash it! x

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from LJMU? I had my interview on the 30th of January and still havent heard a thing

ReputationRep:
    hey, i'm stuck on how to put ' why i want to be a nurse' into words really.
    was wondering if anybody could help me ???
    . i like providing compassionate care
    . challenging situations
    . feeling satisfaction and rewarded
    .... HELP???

ReputationRep:
    hey, i'm stuck on how to put ' why i want to be a nurse' into words really.
    was wondering if anybody could help me ???
    . i like providing compassionate care
    . challenging situations
    . feeling satisfaction and rewarded
    .... HELP???
    What you're saying sounds fine. As long as it's coming from your heart. You're passionate so I've no doubt you can do it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SezEquestrian)
    What you're saying sounds fine. As long as it's coming from your heart. You're passionate so I've no doubt you can do it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Im just struggling for something that will stand out and get me noticed.. any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Im just struggling for something that will stand out and get me noticed.. any advice?
    It doesn't have to be overly special or unique. When I was asked I said something along the lines of this: I have always been passionate about medicine. It was the clinical side that drew me in, but the more I studied it, I realised that nursing was the most challenging of the medical professions. I loved how patient centred it was and I believe Id thrive on the front line of medical care.
    As far as I know what I said wasn't super original, but if you say it with passion, you'll stand out hope this helps x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SezEquestrian)
    It doesn't have to be overly special or unique. When I was asked I said something along the lines of this: I have always been passionate about medicine. It was the clinical side that drew me in, but the more I studied it, I realised that nursing was the most challenging of the medical professions. I loved how patient centred it was and I believe Id thrive on the front line of medical care.
    As far as I know what I said wasn't super original, but if you say it with passion, you'll stand out hope this helps x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for your help, my interview is tomorrow and i'm super nervous! where was yours? x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.