Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ULawAJ)
    Been following this thread but just joined to say I got an IM video interview too.
    Have absolutely no idea what to expect to be honest, from what I'm hearing it sounds like they actually invite a majority of applicants for a video interview too, which is disheartening. Don't feel like I've made much progress!
    I'm not sure on the exact number of people they invite, but not all my friends have had an invite! Well, not yet anyway- they may be doing it in groups?

I'm guessing it depends on which office/stream everyone has applied for too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yazooo)
    I got an email as well. So will our answers be recorded and then sent to the graduate recruitment team? That is strange. It's hard to come across enthusiastic when you're talking to yourself lol

It seems like you have to download an app so yes I think your recorded answers will be sent to the grad recruitment team! I thought that too hah, going to seem very strange and unnatural!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawStudent30)
    I'm not sure on the exact number of people they invite, but not all my friends have had an invite! Well, not yet anyway- they may be doing it in groups?

I'm guessing it depends on which office/stream everyone has applied for too?
    Yeah that's true! IM's interviews in the past (used to be telephone) were all competency questions, so I'm leaning towards it being similar this year. I'm brushing up on ABS knowledge too though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STheBlondie)
    I just tried the link again and its working now I think
    Yes, I e-mailed Becky, she must have fixed it.

Are you on tomorrow's AC? If so, see you there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcrlawstudent)
    Yes, I e-mailed Becky, she must have fixed it.

Are you on tomorrow's AC? If so, see you there!

I am, the morning one? Bright and early haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STheBlondie)
    I am, the morning one? Bright and early haha!
    Yes, see you there!

This should be fun, trying to work out who you are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ULawAJ)
    Been following this thread but just joined to say I got an IM video interview too.
    Have absolutely no idea what to expect to be honest, from what I'm hearing it sounds like they actually invite a majority of applicants for a video interview too, which is disheartening. Don't feel like I've made much progress!
    I did the telephone interview last year and I do remember quite a few people being invited to telephone interview. I do however, remember some people receiving rejections post app - so don't feel disheartened - they certainly don't invite everyone to interview, so you have made it through the first selection! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcrlawstudent)
    Yes, see you there!

This should be fun, trying to work out who you are.

Likewise! Be kind, its my first ever proper interview/ AC. In the deep end a bit haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icenomad1)
    If its launchrecruits, you will be given 1 minute to answer 1 question. There may be 2 questions. The app records it and grad rec review them later. They are usually basic awareness, like what qualities should a solicitor have. Dress well and be confident. A grad rec rep at cc told me that many ppl screw it up by being too nervous, overpreparing and speaking too much and being cutoff, etc.
    Hey, thanks for the advice! Do you know how many questions they usually ask?

ReputationRep:
    For those who have an IM interview, can we do the practice question and then do the actual interview later on? Is the practice question recorded and sent to the firm as well?

ReputationRep:
    For those who have an IM interview, can we do the practice question and then do the actual interview later on? Is the practice question recorded and sent to the firm as well?
    Yes, if it's LaunchpadRecruits, they do allow you to do a test run to see if it's all working fine for you.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, thanks for the advice! Do you know how many questions they usually ask?
    I have done one for CC. There were 3 questions. They will be all pretty easy/common/obvious from applications you've done. Challenges for the firm, role of solicitor, pick a story that interests you from FT. Stuff like that. CC rep told me what they are looking for is confidence and ability to present yourself, not the actual content.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shaciara)
    Well done! Do you mind me asking, when did you apply? And is this an interview offer or a vac scheme offer?
    Vac scheme offer, and I applied ages ago. Not sure when exactly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    It's odd - I haven't come across anybody who's heard back from them.
    Hey, for anyone wondering about Cleary, I think they are starting to consider applications.
    Just heard back from them today and got invited for an AC (or open day as they like to call it) on the 2nd.

This was an email by the way, as I saw someone asking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silence18)
    Hey, for anyone wondering about Cleary, I think they are starting to consider applications.
    Just heard back from them today and got invited for an AC (or open day as they like to call it) on the 2nd.

This was an email by the way, as I saw someone asking.
    Oh wow, congrats, that's great! Now I'm worried that I haven't heard back :lol: Thanks for the info.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from CMS, Latham Watkins, Reed Smith or MacFarlanes?
    did you only apply to four firms or in other words is that all the firms you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    So is the January 31 deadline at midnight or in the morning? so as soon as it reaches the 31st on the clock all applications will close or will it be a a full 24 hours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electro14)
    So is the January 31 deadline at midnight or in the morning? so as soon as it reaches the 31st on the clock all applications will close or will it be a a full 24 hours?
    Usually midnight from experience which would be midnight 31st Jan/1st Feb but you could check if there's some more info on the site. Hope this helps. Goodluck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electro14)
    did you only apply to four firms or in other words is that all the firms you applied to?
    I applied to more, heard back from Olswang (telephone ivw.) and Simmons (PFO). The four that I've mentioned I can't seem to find any feedback on on this thread.

ReputationRep:
    I applied to more, heard back from Olswang (telephone ivw.) and Simmons (PFO). The four that I've mentioned I can't seem to find any feedback on on this thread.
    Macfarlanes have been fairly active. At least one person on the thread has an offer.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.