Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ggglv)
    Can you please tell me what was your ac like for ICAP? What tasks did you have?
    Trading simulation, group discussion, presentation & HR interview.

ReputationRep:
    Can you remember the actual topics of the presentation.group discussion and maybe some interview questions? Many thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hey all, I'm a current student hoping to get into f/o ib roles. As you guys are applying for roles at IB i think its best to ask you guys about gcse's, a levels and degrees.

What GCSE grades are considered good for IB?

Is Maths/Further maths/Economics/Geography good a-levels for an economics degree? Or would swapping geography with physics or history be better?

Lastly is the university you go to more important than your degree and what degree is best or popular for IB?

many thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSpringer20)
    Hey all, I'm a current student hoping to get into f/o ib roles. As you guys are applying for roles at IB i think its best to ask you guys about gcse's, a levels and degrees.

What GCSE grades are considered good for IB?
    Noone gives a ****, just get to a good uni so A*/As/Bs

Is Maths/Further maths/Economics/Geography good a-levels for an economics degree? Or would swapping geography with physics or history be better?
    The former will get you into Econ. Geography/Physics have little bearing, if any, for economics.

Lastly is the university you go to more important than your degree and what degree is best or popular for IB?
    Not set in stone, but IBs take people from any degree discipline. Working as an Investment Banker isn't exactly rocket science with regards to technicals.

ReputationRep:
    When filling out the application for Rothschild, did anyone get a section to put in your a level grades or equivalent, or do they just use the cv to find them?

ReputationRep:
    Any comp q for rothschild?

ReputationRep:
    anyone who herd from db after tests, how long did it take?

ReputationRep:
    when can we start hearing back from banks? i applied to 10 about 4 weeks ago and haven't heard anything since!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vorsah)
    Nice one

What's the next stage if you pass the interview?
    No idea, I think just a rejection or offer.

(Original post by tcoburn)
    when can we start hearing back from banks? i applied to 10 about 4 weeks ago and haven't heard anything since!
    Soonish, I imagine. JP start reviewing end of nov, some have called for interview invites, apparently Nomura have.. I know BAML, ICAP have

ReputationRep:
    A quick question from a friend:
    If an application failed last year, can he still apply again using the same login details as last year (Nomura)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IB Fanboy)
    A quick question from a friend:
    If an application failed last year, can he still apply again using the same login details as last year (Nomura)?
    You're better off asking HR

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Credit Suisse have started interviews also, just to inform you guys on what stages they're at.

ReputationRep:
    I've given up on insight weeks ergh
    Received a couple of rejections in the past week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tania2396)
    I've given up on insight weeks ergh
    Received a couple of rejections in the past week
    What's your profile?

University, degree, A levels, experiences, motivations. PM me, I may be able to help. If you want, I can run through your CV.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    What's your profile?

University, degree, A levels, experiences, motivations. PM me, I may be able to help. If you want, I can run through your CV.
    Studying at Cass, Banking and International Finance
    I can see that you go to the same uni too!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know the stages Nomura is at with apps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tania2396)
    Studying at Cass, Banking and International Finance
    I can see that you go to the same uni too!
    Ahh very good! I've hardly met anyone studying Banking & I'ntl Finance.

Do you want me to run through your CV or cover letters and offer some feedback?

It would probably be down to those areas where applicants fall weak, as interview invites shouldn't be to much of a problem given the university.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Today was very helpful and gave me a huge amount of information that should help massively during the interview stage and current applications too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    Today was very helpful and gave me a huge amount of information that should help massively during the interview stage and current applications too!
    Sharing is caring, what were the highlights?

Are you part of SEO?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    Sharing is caring, what were the highlights?

Are you part of SEO?
    No I'm not and to be honest it was all information that you could find if you did a fair amount of digging, just thought it was quite convenient for it to all be given at one time and to now have connections with a MD in Credit Suisse and a group in Sales and Trading for RBS

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.