Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How was the UCL open day thingy for people who were invited, what happened?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    Wow I still have to apply.
    Well done.
    Thank you! I'm sure you'll hear soon after you apply, I got my first offer after 2 and a half weeks but everyone else seemed to get them much sooner

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anaarutyunyan)
    How many people have received offers from Warwick? I'm getting so worried now!
    Last year they were still giving out offers in jan and feb to people who'd applied October time
    If you look on warwick's university connect not that many people appear to have economics offers yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiesh123)
    How was the UCL open day thingy for people who were invited, what happened?
    They basically gave us a speech on how UCL is as good as LSE and Oxbridge, we got to chat to some of the undergrads and professors and got a quick tour around campus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    Last year they were still giving out offers in jan and feb to people who'd applied October time
    If you look on warwick's university connect not that many people appear to have economics offers yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh okay that's makes me feel a bit better, thank you just seen bits of the convo with loads getting offers from LSE, UCL, notts etc, and I haven't applied to any of them apart from Warwick which is obviously very competitive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbg001)
    They basically gave us a speech on how UCL is as good as LSE and Oxbridge, we got to chat to some of the undergrads and professors and got a quick tour around campus

Thanks for the response So no interview or anything of the sort just casual chats? Is being invited to the day pretty much guaranteeing an offer?

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking something I'd normally wear to sixth form so skirt, shirt etc but not a suit

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ah cool, yeah me too, i'm gonna wear black jeans and a jumper - not sure what to do about trainers though!! haha :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiesh123)
    Thanks for the response So no interview or anything of the sort just casual chats? Is being invited to the day pretty much guaranteeing an offer?
    We were told that we would be receiving offers shortly, not sure whether that will apply to you as well, and yeah, we had no interviews, although again I can't guarantee it'll be the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbg001)
    We were told that we would be receiving offers shortly, not sure whether that will apply to you as well, and yeah, we had no interviews, although again I can't guarantee it'll be the same
    Okay thank you Hopefully my open day will be the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anaarutyunyan)
    Oh okay that's makes me feel a bit better, thank you just seen bits of the convo with loads getting offers from LSE, UCL, notts etc, and I haven't applied to any of them apart from Warwick which is obviously very competitive!
    Ooh well I'm sure you'll hear soonish, where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    ah cool, yeah me too, i'm gonna wear black jeans and a jumper - not sure what to do about trainers though!! haha :confused:
    I'm sure they're not particularly worried about what you're wearing, although I'd make sure they were cleanish obviously

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yes lads! interview at oxford!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pyrrhusofepirus)
    yes lads! interview at oxford!

stats please? what college and when did u hear? cheers mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ndhala)
    stats please? what college and when did u hear? cheers mate
    3A*,2A,a at AS. Brasenose and I heard yesterday (26th)

ReputationRep:
    Ooh well I'm sure you'll hear soonish, where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I had offers from York Manchester and an unconditional from Lancaster And I'm waiting for oxford and Warwick they seemed good choices until like nobody on here applied for the 3 of mine so I'm not sure anymore whether they're good for econ?

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer for economics from LSE!!!!! I don't even do A2 further maths!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by groovyd97)
    Just got an offer for economics from LSE!!!!! I don't even do A2 further maths!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's ****ing amazing, well done mate!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Omg massive congrats!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah well done! If you don't mind me asking when did you apply?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Stats? I picked up AS FM this year, did you do it last year then drop?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.