Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ko111)
    That's great! Alhamdulillah i am well too!
    :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Incredible97)
    WalikumAsalaam Maryam Jaan
    Thanks for understanding me
    :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Who's that quote from, sis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash92:))
    Who's that quote from, sis?
    Im not sure Akhi

ReputationRep:
    Gonna start the topic of hope and struggle from now.

We need hope to live our spiritual life and to make sense of the challenges that face us on the road to Allah (swt). We need hope as an Ummah when we witness what is happening in Syria and the rest of the Muslim world, we need hope as a community when we feel estranged and alienated on the road of improving or surroundings and making da’wah, we need hope as individuals to keep the energy for reformation alive, we need to learn how to instill hope in our children and in people around us, and we need hope when treating our own selves. We should never lose hope on our Ummah, never lose hope on the validity and uniqueness of our Islam or our Muslim identity. If we lose hope, we will get depressed as individuals and as a nation, and we will not be able to achieve the role that Allah (swt) has allocated to us in the Holy Qur’an, a mercy to mankind, like our Prophet ﷺ was:

“And thus we have made you a just community that you will be witnesses over the people and the Messenger will be a witness over you.” (Qur’an, 2:143)
    SubhanAllah this is just a small extract. The whole thing is worth a read.
    http://www.virtualmosque.com/persona...reeze-of-hope/

ReputationRep:
    This is a hadeeth on the theme.

حَدَّثَنَا مُسَدَّدٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، عَنْ إِسْمَاعِيلَ، حَدَّثَنَا قَيْسٌ، عَنْ خَبَّابِ بْنِ الأَرَتِّ، قَالَ شَكَوْنَا إِلَى رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم وَهْوَ مُتَوَسِّدٌ بُرْدَةً لَهُ فِي ظِلِّ الْكَعْبَةِ فَقُلْنَا أَلاَ تَسْتَنْصِرُ لَنَا أَلاَ تَدْعُو لَنَا‏.‏ فَقَالَ ‏ "‏ قَدْ كَانَ مَنْ قَبْلَكُمْ يُؤْخَذُ الرَّجُلُ فَيُحْفَرُ لَهُ فِي الأَرْضِ فَيُجْعَلُ فِيهَا، فَيُجَاءُ بِالْمِنْشَارِ فَيُوضَعُ عَلَى رَأْسِهِ فَيُجْعَلُ نِصْفَيْنِ، وَيُمَشَّطُ بِأَمْشَاطِ الْحَدِيدِ مَا دُونَ لَحْمِهِ وَعَظْمِهِ، فَمَا يَصُدُّهُ ذَلِكَ عَنْ دِينِهِ، وَاللَّهِ لَيَتِمَّنَّ هَذَا الأَمْرُ، حَتَّى يَسِيرَ الرَّاكِبُ مِنْ صَنْعَاءَ إِلَى حَضْرَمَوْتَ لاَ يَخَافُ إِلاَّ اللَّهَ وَالذِّئْبَ عَلَى غَنَمِهِ، وَلَكِنَّكُمْ تَسْتَعْجِلُونَ
    Narrated Khabbab bin Al-Art:

We complained to Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) (about our state) while he was leaning against his sheet cloak in the shade of the Ka`ba. We said, "Will you ask Allah to help us? Will you invoke Allah for us?" He said, "Among those who were before you a (believer) used to be seized and, a pit used to be dug for him and then he used to be placed in it. Then a saw used to be brought and put on his head which would be split into two halves. His flesh might be combed with iron combs and removed from his bones, yet, all that did not cause him to revert from his religion. By Allah! This religion (Islam) will be completed (and triumph) till a rider (traveler) goes from San`a' (the capital of Yemen) to Hadramout fearing nobody except Allah and the wolf lest it should trouble his sheep, but you are impatient."
    (See Hadith No. 191, Vol. 5)

ReputationRep:
    https://inreflectionofthequran.wordp...-and-patience/

ReputationRep:

It's funny how some can totally ignore you but reply to others. And I thought all Muslims Forgive and Forget
    You thought wrong cuz not all Muslims are angels unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankabout)
    You thought wrong cuz not all Muslims are angels unfortunately.
    I'm sure that person knows who I'm talking about . Never mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tpos)
    I admit I haven't followed the whole conversation but I think it's important to remember that Islam allows justice. It is something which is quite different from Christianity which only insists on forgiveness (from my knowledge). But of course forgiveness is extremely hard so Allah has given us the option of wanting justice and if someone opts for that it's unfair to look down at them and their imaan because it is something perfectly acceptable. I'm reminded of how the Prophet (saw) found it hard to look at the person who butchered Hamza (ra) even though she became Muslim and the Prophet (saw) DID forgive her. The prophet (Saw) was so hurt by what was done to his uncle and that's why he had that reaction...and he was the most perfect human...but still human! We're no where near perfect...
    That's amazing.

Indeed one can forgive but never truly forget. That is why one must not take someone's forgiving nature for granted and become so inhumane that the other person could never forget.

Actually we should never be inhumane in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    Remember to forgive if you want forgiveness

Remember that we should not be hypocrites – if we want forgiveness from Allah ‘azzawajal, we should forgive others for the sake of receiving His mercy.

Yes, we are imperfect, we are not the most-merciful – but we need to strive towards taqwa. May Allah make us of the muttaqeen (those with taqwa). May He make us of the śaabireen (those who are patient).

We aren’t perfect, but it’s the effort that we make to remove our imperfections and selfishness that will be rewarded in the akhirah (inshaAllah). May Allah make us of those people who receive Jannah, and upon whom His mercy is bestowed on the day of qiyamah.

Abu Sa’id (may Allah be pleased with him) said that the Prophet (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) said:
    ‘Someone who does not show mercy will not be shown mercy.’
    [Al-Adab al-Mufrad, Book: Looking after Children, graded Saheeh by Sh. al-Albani[1, 2]]

‘Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) was heard to say: “Anyone who does not show mercy will not be shown mercy. Anyone who does not forgive will not be forgiven. Anyone who does not turn in repentance will not be turned to nor will he be protected or guarded.”
    [Al-Adab al-Mufrad, Book: Mercy, graded Hasan by Sh. al-Albani[1, 3]]

Jarir bin Abdullah (may Allah have mercy on him) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said:
    “Whoever does not show mercy to the people, Allah will not show mercy to him.”
    (“‏ مَنْ لاَ يَرْحَمُ النَّاسَ لاَ يَرْحَمُهُ اللَّهُ ‏”)
    [Found in Sahih Muslim, Book of virtues;
    Jami’at-Tirmidhi, graded as Saheeh by Darussalam;
    Al-Adab al-Mufrad, Book: Mercy, graded Saheeh by Sh. al-Albani[1, 2]]

Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-‘As (may Allah be pleased with him):
    The Prophet (ﷺ) said: The Compassionate One has mercy on those who are merciful. If you show mercy to those who are on the earth, He Who is in the heaven will show mercy to you.
    [Sunan Abu Dawood, graded Saheeh by Sh. al-Albani[3]]

Abdullah bin ‘Amr (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
    ” The merciful are shown mercy by Ar-Rahman. Be merciful on the earth, and you will be shown mercy from Who is above the heavens. The womb is named after Ar-Rahman, so whoever connects it, Allah connects him, and whoever severs it, Allah severs him.”
    [Jami’at-Tirmidhi, graded Saheeh by Sh. al-Albani[3] and graded Hasan by Darussalam]

[again, a reminder for myself, first and foremost]

[1] Saheeh al-adab al-mufrad
    [2] Takhreej mushkilat ul-faqr
    [3] Silsilat al-ahaadeeth as-saheehah
    https://inreflectionofthequran.wordp...t-forgiveness/

ReputationRep:
    O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a faded shadow is sheer stupidity! Ibn Al-Qayyim

ReputationRep:
    Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wasallam) said: “The world is a prison for a believer and Paradise for a non-believer.” [Muslim]

ReputationRep:
    Narrated Anas: Allah's Apostle said, "Help your brother whether he is an oppressor or an oppressed," A man said, "O Allah's Apostle! I will help him if he is oppressed, but if he is an oppressor, how shall I help him?" The Prophet said, "By preventing him from oppressing (others), for that is how to help him." [Bukhari: Book 9 Vol 85 Hadith 84]

ReputationRep:
    Look at England and Germany... If they can forgive so can you. It took a lot of time too so give the other person time.

ReputationRep:
    Human beings are not perfect. Everybody makes mistakes in life and unknowingly commits sins. So forgiveness is a critical aspect in Islam. Muslims believe that Allah is Merciful and Forgiving. There are two kinds of forgiveness in Islam: Allah’s forgiveness and human forgiveness. Human beings are in need of both since they make mistakes in their relations to Allah as well as their relations to each other. In Islam, all that is needed is to recognize the mistake/sin, rectify it and seek forgiveness.

''The Quran states that Allah loves to forgive his servants and when an individual sincerely asks to be forgiven, Allah will forgive him''

http://people.opposingviews.com/isla...ness-3655.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatMuslimGuy)
    we should not be hypocrites – if we want forgiveness from Allah ‘azzawajal, we should forgive others for the sake of receiving His mercy.

True - People should realise and forgive. Why later do it now.
    I'm sure this highlights some of us here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    Narrated Anas: Allah's Apostle said, "Help your brother whether he is an oppressor or an oppressed," A man said, "O Allah's Apostle! I will help him if he is oppressed, but if he is an oppressor, how shall I help him?" The Prophet said, "By preventing him from oppressing (others), for that is how to help him." [Bukhari: Book 9 Vol 85 Hadith 84]
    Thanks for that Hadith. Imagine if someone took the first line out of context (Look Islam encourages oppression!).... Oh wait that happens all the time lol.

ReputationRep:
    Tips for asking forgiveness from someone:
    1) Be humble and don't just demand forgiveness.
    2) Give them time as I know from experience that ppl don't jump for joy immediately (after being asked to forgive)

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.