Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadilloo)
    How was the ray diagram in P3 supposed to be drawn, I completed failed that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same I knew what the image had to look like but my mind was completely blank on how to draw it so I drew a random arrow for the image and some more random arrows in all directions for the rays 😂

ReputationRep:
    How was the ray diagram in P3 supposed to be drawn, I completed failed that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    One Ray went straight through the middle of the lens and the other went parallel to axis, hit lens and the refracted up so it was inline with of on left side. You had to track it back so that the image was formed on the left side of the lens

I think anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone remember the momentum calculation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvKar)
    Same I knew what the image had to look like but my mind was completely blank on how to draw it so I drew a random arrow for the image and some more random arrows in all directions for the rays 😂
    YESSS ME TOO 😂 Them times when you're so desperate to get any marks possible

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Decklan)
    I have a clear detailed p2 unofficial mark scheme, need uploading to a thread?
    Please could you upload and link it please :d

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by docilechic)
    One Ray went straight through the middle of the lens and the other went parallel to axis, hit lens and the refracted up so it was inline with of on left side. You had to track it back so that the image was formed on the left side of the lens

I think anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I apologise for all the autocorrect "of" meant principal focus

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by docilechic)

I think anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ohh..yeah that makes more sense 😁 **** maaaan, that's 3 marks gone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ohh..yeah that makes more sense 😁 **** maaaan, that's 3 marks gone

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do any of you guys remember the momentum calculation question? Onp2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jjohnson919)
    Can someone remind me of that momentum calculation? I've completely forgotten!
    CAR 1 (mass:1500kg) was travelling at 8m/s and CAR 2 (mass:900kg) was stationary, so 0 m/s. When CAR 1 collides with CAR 2, what is the speed that both the car move at after the collision. - answer was 5 m/s.

1500kg x 8m/s = 12,000 kg m/s (CAR 1)
    900kg x 0 m/s = 0 kg m/s (CAR 2)

12,000kg m/s divided by (1500kg + 900kg) = 5 m/s

ReputationRep:
    Do any of you guys remember the momentum calculation question? Onp2?
    Oh the one where you had to calculate the velocity after the collision? I thought that one was alright, I got 5m/s

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharmonraja)
    CAR 1 (mass:1500kg) was travelling at 8m/s and CAR 2 (mass:900kg) was stationary, so 0 m/s. When CAR 1 collides with CAR 2, what is the speed that both the car move at after the collision. - answer was 5 m/s

Think I got that! Thanks a million!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharmonraja)
    CAR 1 (mass:1500kg) was travelling at 8m/s and CAR 2 (mass:900kg) was stationary, so 0 m/s. When CAR 1 collides with CAR 2, what is the speed that both the car move at after the collision. - answer was 5 m/s.

HOW DO YOU REMEMBER THAT WOAH

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    YESSS ME TOO 😂 Them times when you're so desperate to get any marks possible

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hahah there was nothing to lose and who knows, maybe one mark was for realising it had to be upright and virtual? Lol doubt it but no harm in trying 🙋

ReputationRep:
    HOW DO YOU REMEMBER THAT WOAH

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't know! I was shocked myself haha

ReputationRep:
    There must have been some kind of security breach at aqa , otherwise why would they do different exam papers.Also would they set different grade boundaries e.g one might be harder than the other

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amirzaman59)
    Confirmed. Just spoke to my teacher.
    What was the differences in the two papers then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrTechGamer)
    There must have been some kind of security breach at aqa , otherwise why would they do different exam papers.Also would they set different grade boundaries e.g one might be harder than the other
    Now I'm desperately hoping that the paper I did was the hard one so the grade boundaries can be nice and low

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    for the p3 exam does anyone know the answer to the question which asked you about what happens to the eyes when it focuses on faraway object and in bright light??? really would be helpful thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrTechGamer)
    It's odd bc I'm pretty sure I did the higher paper too like one of the users further up who put the mark scheme up but I didn't have some questions that he had 😕😕 also shouldn't they make people aware of security breaches?

ReputationRep:
    Personally, to get 2 marks of why the bus topples over I think you may have to say it has a resultant moment, but that's only a guess.
    yep , you are right. you could say that as well.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.