Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It has been an injury hit season in the PL, I think.

Since their first game, City have had to contend with 35 different injuries apparently. Arsenal have had 24 injuries in all, and teams have suffered 20 on average.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Santi has been better then current Ramsey

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Arsenal this season

With Aaron Ramsey W13 D2 L2 W% 76%

Without Ramsey W3 D1 L5 W% 33%

ReputationRep:
    I don't rate Ramsey.

Rosicky, however, is a player I rate very highly. It's sad because everyone seems to have forgotten about him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel 96)
    I don't rate Ramsey.

Rosicky, however, is a player I rate very highly. It's sad because everyone seems to have forgotten about him.
    No one has forgotten about him, he's just been injured long term therefore there's not much to extract from the situation. He's a fine player, Walcott and him are due to have their testimonials within the next year. Incredible.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by FFTypoCorrector)

I felt Ramsey had a good game. As someone alluded to, he was far more disciplined than he usually is, and it meant that he was unable to make those runs late into the box or in behind the defence. The problem comes when he's compared to Cazorla, everyone knows his ball circulation isn't on levels (heavily underrated though, seen him play some magnificent penetrative balls forward), but he's quicker, stronger and has bounds of energy. Flamini-Cazorla would be a disaster double-pivot, so little mobility. Can't remember the last time a title-winning team had a midfield like that.
    Ramsey was exceptional. I think it was me who said that. He didn't seem to stray far from Flamini, and they were more of a duo than usual.

By the way, where you been? You back for good now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midnightice)
    Arsenal this season

Great to pluck out random stats, may as well use the one about Flamini never losing at the Emirates to call him one of the best DM's the Emirates has ever seen. There's a lot more context to those stats and you know it.

In fairness i have been quite harsh on Ramsey, but I stand by my point in that he was one of our worse players last night.

(Original post by leinad2012)
    That's not the one in taking about, that was a tough chance. I'm talking about the low cross from the left where Campbell made a great run to the front post then seemed to try to chip hart and blazed it over the bar from 6 yards.
    Yeah I remember which one you're talking about. Poor execution

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Just what I think.

You look around the league - and nobody is better placed than you. Leicester have a tough run, and will surely run out of steam. They've played 8 players in every single game, which hints at their lack of depth and small squad. City are fallible and seem to be carrying too many anonymous passengers, United are growing increasingly tiresome and disgruntled under LVG, and Liverpool are in transition once again.

Tottenham don't have the squad, though I think they have a great chance of getting top four, and Chelsea are irrelevant.

This is the time.
    I don't even look at football like that. I think as long as you stay within range of 1st place towards the end of the season then you can win it. Unless you gonna say we will wrap up the league by March/April I think it's more important how you perform towards the end of the season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midnightice)
    Arsenal this season

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    rude boy
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Great to pluck out random stats, may as well use the one about Flamini never losing at the Emirates to call him one of the best DM's the Emirates has ever seen. There's a lot more context to those stats and you know it.

In fairness i have been quite harsh on Ramsey, but I stand by my point in that he was one of our worse players last night.

Yeah I remember which one you're talking about. Poor execution
    Stats are like bikinis: what they reveal is suggestive, what they hide is crucial.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  1450869775798.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  64.9 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    78 was the highest points total of any team in the PL this year? That seems really low, I'm sure the last time we were top of the calendar year points table (13/14) we had 84 or so?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    78 was the highest points total of any team in the PL this year? That seems really low, I'm sure the last time we were top of the calendar year points table (13/14) we had 84 or so?
    Yeah it's been quite quite low this year. A win in boxing day will mean it'll be 81 points, so not that far off.

It feels like that part of the season where we have the bulk of our squad injured has sort of gone. If we replicate our beginning of 2015 form in 2016 we'll win the league.

I reckon the league will be won on 80ish points this season

ReputationRep:
    Nasri, Fabregas, RVP. They were bad boys, the spice boys of the Premiership at the time they were here. Real spice boys. Inspiring a whole generation of ********s. The type of scum you love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Lol hell no you ain't got above 79 points since 2008.

EDIT: you meant calendar year. Well yeah I think calendar year form really affects a team for some weird reason more than a season.

If a second half of the season is good, a lot of teams translate that to a good first half of the next season(see Chelsea 2014 or Arsenal 2015 and 2013) and vice versa(Chelsea 2015 and Arsenal 2014 where they have been shocking for the entire calendar year).

ReputationRep:
    He meant calendar year (so probably should have said 2013 rather than 2013-14). Yes, if Arsenal can translate form over a year into form over a season, they can win the title.

(not won at Southampton since they were promoted, so things might get a little tricky here)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Lol hell no you ain't got above 79 points since 2008.

EDIT: you meant calendar year. Well yeah I think calendar year form really affects a team for some weird reason more than a season.

If a second half of the season is good, a lot of teams translate that to a good first half of the next season(see Chelsea 2014 or Arsenal 2015 and 2013) and vice versa(Chelsea 2015 and Arsenal 2014 where they have been shocking for the entire calendar year).
    Yeah I guess the fixture list plays a big part in that too. Couldn't you have the majority of your home games against the top sides one year and aways the next? That would produce good year totals every other year more likely.

ReputationRep:
    Merry Christmas my gooners x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We should get Neustadter from Schalke, he'd be able to play the DM role and be eligible vs Barcelona

ReputationRep:
    Reckon that Sanchez is a hit at the Arsenal Xmas party, busting out the moves.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.