Insomnia/cant sleep/chat forum

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    I
    (Original post by CON5P1RACY K1D)
    I would like to make an official thread for those who have insomnia or simply just can't sleep, maybe it's too cold, got things on your mind, or too busy on tsr Talk to us !! We're here for you
    I am replying with some hopefully helpful advice for all those night owls!
    - Don't use electrical devices before bed (Turn of an hour before you plan to sleep)
    - Set an alarm for the morning
    - Avoid caffeine and sugar
    - Have green tea, milk or a tea before bed (Careful with the sugar in the tea)
    - Dont have your main meal too late
    - Try relaxation breathing such as closing your eyes and breathing in 4 and out 8
    - Ensure you feel clean so you're not focussing on something you have to do in the morning (A warm shower before bed can really help)
    - Try this medication called kahlms for night time (Most drug stores sell it)
    - Don't try and sleep on a negative thought or an argument, before bed think of at least one positive thing before you sleep and something you are privileged for
    - Make sure your sheets are always clean and you have a made bed to get into
    - DO NOT SLEEP WITH SOCKS ITS STRESSFUL

Happy sleeping and goodluck <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by summer998*)
    I

- Don't use electrical devices before bed (Turn of an hour before you plan to sleep)
    - Try relaxation breathing such as closing your eyes and breathing in 4 and out 8
    - Ensure you feel clean so you're not focussing on something you have to do in the morning (A warm shower before bed can really help)
    - Don't try and sleep on a negative thought or an argument, before bed think of at least one positive thing before you sleep and something you are privileged for

Preaching to the choir or the non-believers..or something. Tried them all, they don't work. And my feet freeze when I don't wear socks in bed.. bad circulation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    Awwww.... Doesn't matter... The system is "perfectly imperfect" :lol:

Sorry that was bad

And don't worry about the anon we know it's you
    I was waiting for somebody to use that joke...

(Original post by Perfectly_Imperfect)
    I was waiting for somebody to use that joke...
    It just had to be done

:lol:

ReputationRep:
    It's too bright today...the sun is hurting my eyes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    Oh damn.!!! Exam in 2 days? Which one? I hate that when we have to go out, we have to spend money
    Oh I meant I can't afford it because of the exam, not money-wise.. Not that I'm rolling in it, but I'm not starving either haha!

It was a unievrsity exam, 2nd year Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Science at DMU
    ...One down, 5 to go!

This time tomorrow I'll be in my physics exam why the **** do I put myself through this?

(Original post by carrotstar)
    Oh I meant I can't afford it because of the exam, not money-wise.. Not that I'm rolling in it, but I'm not starving either haha!

It was a unievrsity exam, 2nd year Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Science at DMU
    ...One down, 5 to go!
    Oooohhhhh lol fair enough :lol:

Aww how was it? Damn! Just the name of the course makes me flinch haha... Aw 5? Wow... I've got 3 left

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    Oooohhhhh lol fair enough :lol:

Aww how was it? Damn! Just the name of the course makes me flinch haha... Aw 5? Wow... I've got 3 left
    Not bad thanks, probably the easiest of the lot.. Yeah I can't wait til they're over! What are you studying?

(Original post by carrotstar)
    Not bad thanks, probably the easiest of the lot.. Yeah I can't wait til they're over! What are you studying?
    Ah that's alright... I've done the most difficult one but then anatomy is going to kill me I hate!!! I'm doing radiography, first year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    Ah that's alright... I've done the most difficult one but then anatomy is going to kill me I hate!!! I'm doing radiography, first year
    Sounds interesting! At least your worst one is over! Good luck to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by summer998*)
    I

hey summer welcome to the club ! Yeah I've tried most of these methods and nothing seems too work :/
    But since I'm starting work on Monday I'm just gonna exercise before I go bed and not drink any caffeinated drinks before 6pm. Thank you for the advice !

ReputationRep:
    Btw where about a do you guys live ? I'm just curious cos I live in west London and the weather is amazing 😍

(Original post by CON5P1RACY K1D)
    Btw where about a do you guys live ? I'm just curious cos I live in west London and the weather is amazing 😍
    The weather is beaut!!! It's 20 degrees! I prefer the cold though I'm a winter person!

On a side note: this thread will be getting to 2000posts soon and I suggest you buy us all something to celebrate

ReputationRep:
    At the moment I'm in Norwich - went down to Cambridge earlier today, and even at 8.15 when I left my flat, it was just so incredibly warm!! Cambridge also very very warm. When I got back to Norwich it was also very warm xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    The weather is beaut!!! It's 20 degrees! I prefer the cold though I'm a winter person!

On a side note: this thread will be getting to 2000posts soon and I suggest you buy us all something to celebrate
    That moment when you've told someone you're hanging out with friends and they see you on TSR

(Original post by mobbsy91)
    That moment when you've told someone you're hanging out with friends and they see you on TSR
    That moment when you've told someone they're watching masterchef and they quote you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    That moment when you've told someone they're watching masterchef and they quote you
    That moment when I'm doing both, because watching Masterchef isn't the same as being with friends

(Original post by mobbsy91)
    At the moment I'm in Norwich - went down to Cambridge earlier today, and even at 8.15 when I left my flat, it was just so incredibly warm!! Cambridge also very very warm. When I got back to Norwich it was also very warm xD

So I'm gathering from your post that it was "warm"? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    So I'm gathering from your post that it was "warm"? :holmes:
    I'm just realising how much I said "warm" in that post :rofl:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.