Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

(Original post by Kyx)
    Thinking i might check UCAS Track before i collect my results...
    im definitely doing that. i mainly care abt going to uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sugar_1998)
    im definitely doing that. i mainly care abt going to uni
    I just care about leaving this city, and getting a PhD.

ReputationRep:
    Im literally pissing myself. I definitely havent gotten my firm choice, hopefully i got my insurance at least. Gonna try and enjoy summer whilst i can. i have a bad feeling im not gonna be able to after results day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Minimal.
    Even if I didn't attach the extra papers using the treasury tags? Because there wasn't any holes in the exam papers, so I just put them in the exam paper at the appropriate places.

(Original post by breakfastbar333)
    Even if I didn't attach the extra papers using the treasury tags? Because there wasn't any holes in the exam papers, so I just put them in the exam paper at the appropriate places.
    Should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    How scary is the thought of being rejected 😦

I feel like I will disappoint everyone if I miss out on my requirements. Not just them but myself, worked so hard and everything went well but its a myth to always think hard work pays off: sometimes it just isn't enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wrote the wrong exam board on my additional sheets :/ I wrote edexcel in an AQA biology exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fish40)
    Why do you care about your result?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Because I worked so hard to not have a repeat of the horror of GCSE results day. Plus, I get loads of money from Manchester if I get certain grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig1998)
    Because I worked so hard to not have a repeat of the horror of GCSE results day. Plus, I get loads of money from Manchester if I get certain grades
    what happend on gcse results day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    I wrote the wrong exam board on my additional sheets :/ I wrote edexcel in an AQA biology exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
    don't exam boards provide their own sheets?

ReputationRep:
    It's terrifying to think we can now say we get our results this month and the Results tab has appeared. I'm going to see Bournemouth tomorrow and I'm scared I'll find out I made a huge mistake with Cardiff...

Also, how the hell did I ever think I got BBC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayeshforce1)
    don't exam boards provide their own sheets?
    Evidently not haha because I had to write the exam board, paper reference number etc on my sheets. I don't even use edexcel for any of my subjects lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    Evidently not haha because I had to write the exam board, paper reference number etc on my sheets. I don't even use edexcel for any of my subjects lol
    Im sure some do. For physics this year i took out 2 sheets cause i re-drafted sixmarker twice anyway OCR provided me with their own sheets. Im sure it doesnt matter aslong as you wrote question number and section of question correctly

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

What are you studying at Oxford?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayeshforce1)
    what happend on gcse results day?
    Didn't revise for exams and got mostly B's. I got into the college I wanted to but I was disappointed with myself (ended up doing much better than expected for AS but I need to do better than that for A2).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emiloujess)
    It's terrifying to think we can now say we get our results this month and the Results tab has appeared. I'm going to see Bournemouth tomorrow and I'm scared I'll find out I made a huge mistake with Cardiff...

Also, how the hell did I ever think I got BBC?
    Weather looks rubbish tomorrow

The BU campus at Talbot is pretty dead at the moment so I wouldn't get your hopes up about it - you're likely to have a very quiet drizzly visit.

If you're using this: https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/sites...albot-2015.pdf then there's been some big changes that mean it's out of date

which are
    "You’ll also spot the Student Refectory" <= is now closed catering has all moved to the new building
    "Blackwell’s bookshop" <= closed last year
    "The Retreat" <= also closed - catering moved to new building
    "Dylan’s Kitchen & Bar" <= is still there but serving a very limited menu over the summer
    "new Academic Building" <= is now open and where the catering is all located (although there's not a huge range....I'm still bitter that they closed down Papa Johns and haven't replaced it with a nice pizza place)

I'd strongly recommend crossing the road into AUB if it's all feeling a bit too built up and corporate - there's a lot more open space and general oddness there and the summer schools are all in so there's lots of people out and about doing interesting things ) Although the 2 universities are separate there's plenty of cross over between the two with students using facilities at both neighbouring campuses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Weather looks rubbish tomorrow

The BU campus at Talbot is pretty dead at the moment so I wouldn't get your hopes up about it - you're likely to have a very quiet drizzly visit.

If you're using this: https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/sites...albot-2015.pdf then there's been some big changes that mean it's out of date

which are
    "You’ll also spot the Student Refectory" <= is now closed catering has all moved to the new building
    "Blackwell’s bookshop" <= closed last year
    "The Retreat" <= also closed - catering moved to new building
    "Dylan’s Kitchen & Bar" <= is still there but serving a very limited menu over the summer
    "new Academic Building" <= is now open and where the catering is all located (although there's not a huge range....I'm still bitter that they closed down Papa Johns and haven't replaced it with a nice pizza place)

I'd strongly recommend crossing the road into AUB if it's all feeling a bit too built up and corporate - there's a lot more open space and general oddness there and the summer schools are all in so there's lots of people out and about doing interesting things ) Although the 2 universities are separate there's plenty of cross over between the two with students using facilities at both neighbouring campuses
    Thank you so so much! Yeah I literally just want a quick walk around the campus and then we're going into the town centre. My mum has also phoned the accommodation we're interested in (it's a company separate to the uni) and we'll be seeing that too. And we get to go to the beach which my little brother is VERY interested in haha.

... I'm getting way too excited about visiting a uni that's not my firm aren't I

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so so much! Yeah I literally just want a quick walk around the campus and then we're going into the town centre. My mum has also phoned the accommodation we're interested in (it's a company separate to the uni) and we'll be seeing that too. And we get to go to the beach which my little brother is VERY interested in haha.

... I'm getting way too excited about visiting a uni that's not my firm aren't I
    A day out is a day out

Bring brollies - most of the good stuff in bournemouth (in my opinion) is outside and the forecast is rubbish. The balloon in the park is mysteriously out of action at the moment (scandal! http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/new...of_the_summer/ ) but the gardens and the beach are lovely. The shops on Westover road opposite the pavilion theatre and the little arcade at the Gervis place end are my favourites - plus there's a wagamamas (and if you go through the arcade you can wonder down to the square and back to the pavilion and the beach through the gardens where the aviary and art shows are).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    A day out is a day out

Bring brollies - most of the good stuff in bournemouth (in my opinion) is outside and the forecast is rubbish. The balloon in the park is mysteriously out of action at the moment (scandal! http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/new...of_the_summer/ ) but the gardens and the beach are lovely. The shops on Westover road opposite the pavilion theatre and the little arcade at the Gervis place end are my favourites - plus there's a wagamamas (and if you go through the arcade you can wonder down to the square and back to the pavilion and the beach through the gardens where the aviary and art shows are).
    Sure is Plus it's a distraction! That all sounds amazing, not sure my Mum would want to do that much walking though haha especially as it's a 3 hour drive down there! Kinda scared about it though because I might like it more than Cardiff

ReputationRep:
    Sure is Plus it's a distraction! That all sounds amazing, not sure my Mum would want to do that much walking though haha especially as it's a 3 hour drive down there! Kinda scared about it though because I might like it more than Cardiff
    Cardiff feels a lot more like a city than Bournemouth (capital city v a large tourist town - outside the summer the population is a lot smaller) - it's not a lot of walking (and is mainly flat) to loop round (less than 1 mile). I'd recommend parking at the pavilion if you can (http://www.bournemouth.gov.uk/Parkin...onCarPark.aspx ) it's cheaper than the beach car parks (even though they say they're long stay) and is easier to find again if you're not familiar with the town and you'll be near a lot of choices to get food/drink.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.