Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EnglishMuon)
    Thank you And well done to u too! Sounded like we did similar stuff for alot of the II questions from ur earlier post.
    Indeed I am sitting on around 90.
    I just need a high 1 in III and A* AFM n i think tbat will be enough

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    STEP II paper (thanks to insight) here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6...jlnbURESm5mdFU

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Indeed I am sitting on around 90.
    I just need a high 1 in III and A* AFM n i think tbat will be enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ah yes I forgot ur offer is 1,S. But yeah I cant imagine theyd reject you cus u got like 5 marks of an S when thatd mean ur still one of the better scorers. I bet ull get an S in III though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishdesai7)
    Insight314 I'm really sorry for being such a bother but could you post the paper please?

See above.

(Original post by IrrationalRoot)
    Just realised for STEP II Q1 I got the correct two intersections but idiotically drew the graphs with 4 intersections. Very disappointed now .
    That's 1 mark docked off at most. Wouldn't worry about it too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    See above.

That's 1 mark docked off at most. Wouldn't worry about it too much.
    It's more so that combined with the fact that I failed to eliminate p from the two equations, but somewhat relieving I guess, thought I'd lose like 3 for the graph...
    Do you reckon low GBs for this one?

ReputationRep:
    Do you reckon low GBs for this one?
    Would literally sit on a cactus for low GB's. Shamika reckons it's 70 for a 1, which might mean I'm dead on the boundary, but lots of people seem to have found it easy ( ) so might creep up a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone estimate my mark please 😞:

1: Did the sketch and found both intersections but didn't get very far on the first part, found gradients and equations of tangent (one of which I think was correct)

2: Not much, showed a+b+c was a factor then found x=1 on the cubic

3: showed that f'(x) was fn-1 and that a was negative

Differential eqn: verified both equations and proved the result for z, then differentiated v but didn't get very far

Integration: did first three parts correctly then next to nothing of the last part

Other integration: drew a vague sketch with some trapezii, couldn't prove the result. Got the three approximations and showed the error.

Q13: Proved all three results but only had continuity corrections on the first one

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    See above.
    Oh dear. You must think I'm so terribly daft

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishdesai7)
    Oh dear. You must think I'm so terribly daft
    Nopes, I posted it after you asked.

ReputationRep:
    Would literally sit on a cactus for low GB's. Shamika reckons it's 70 for a 1, which might mean I'm dead on the boundary, but lots of people seem to have found it easy ( ) so might creep up a bit.
    Hey at least you get something in return for getting two 1s in II and III...

But yeah hoping for low GBs, STEP I was pretty bad, II wasn't great and III will probably not be an S. I'd love to get just one S but that's not happening I don't think. One paper would just have to have really low GBs and the examiner would also have to be really lenient with me.

ReputationRep:
    ah yes I forgot ur offer is 1,S. But yeah I cant imagine theyd reject you cus u got like 5 marks of an S when thatd mean ur still one of the better scorers. I bet ull get an S in III though
    Indeed.
    I am feeling ok though since my 1 is rather high. I doubt my college will reject since they take loads of 1,3 and 1,2 from pool.
    The perks of being at a shite college.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Indeed.
    I am feeling ok though since my 1 is rather high. I doubt my college will reject since they take loads of 1,3 and 1,2 from pool.
    The perks of being at a shite college.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    haha wow really? Which college is this if u dont mind me asking

ReputationRep:
    Hey at least you get something in return for getting two 1s in II and III...

But yeah hoping for low GBs, STEP I was pretty bad, II wasn't great and III will probably not be an S. I'd love to get just one S but that's not happening I don't think. One paper would just have to have really low GBs and the examiner would also have to be really lenient with me.
    Perspectives; it's just going to add insult to injury when I fail to get 1's in II and III.

I know how you feel, at least III has reasonable boundaries, just going to have to hope that the examiners don't go full vectors/complex numbers on us. A proper DE that requires us to, you know, actually solve stuff would be welcome. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Could someone please estimate how many marks I would have gotten on this paper please?
    2.Full
    3. Every part but slightly poor explanation of 1 root for odd n, everything else perfect.
    4. Didn't show the second inequality and didn't find X or tan theta at the end. All else done.
    7. All complete up to last part, got the integral to be of form 1/cosx(cosx+sinx) couldn't see way from there.
    11. Did up to last part where I couldn't explain why alpha>beta

Either Q8 or Q9 depending on which has a higher mark
    8. Evaluated the first parts correctly. For the evaluations of Es I simply substituted in different values of m into 2/2m-1 that gave the correct Es so probably not correct. Then showed the error to be 1/4r^4.
    9. Did part i)

Thanks in advance for your help

ReputationRep:
    Don't beat me up if I get pooled to Homerton

ReputationRep:
    Don't beat me up if I get pooled to Homerton
    inb4 we all get pooled to Homerton

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    haha wow really? Which college is this if u dont mind me asking
    Homerton. Gutted you dont know this by now....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Perspectives; it's just going to add insult to injury when I fail to get 1's in II and III.

I know how you feel, at least III has reasonable boundaries, just going to have to hope that the examiners don't go full vectors/complex numbers on us. A proper DE that requires us to, you know, actually solve stuff would be welcome. :lol:
    Yeah that's what I was thinking, can we actually have a DE that we're meant to solve?
    And yeah, that's my biggest worry. Just an onslaught of vectors/complex numbers. Then I'm finished.

ReputationRep:
    Nopes, I posted it after you asked.
    Someone needs to shoot me fast, or worse, turn off the WiFi before I continue to demonstrate my stupidity and Cambridge finally realises that they picked me by mistake

ReputationRep:

Goodness what wouldn't I give for a lovely decent differential equation rounded off with a decent initial condition. I'd probably do a little jig in the exam hall if I saw something like that. But this is all wishful thinking, isn't it?
    There shall be showers of vectors,
    This is the promise of Siklos :P :P

For those who didn't get the reference I've changed the words of a hymn called 'Showers of Blessings"

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.