Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sowphie)
    I did it, is there a mark scheme for it?
    not that i know of

ReputationRep:
    I got around 160/200 overall - what grade do you think this is?

I'm thinking its a high A or low A* depending on grade boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    I got roughly 54 in this paper and about 55 or 57 in the other,what grade would this be overall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fez_Shabbir)
    not that i know of
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahe6...ature=youtu.be
    The bars question is 3 not 34 though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harryail)
    I got roughly 54 in this paper and about 55 or 57 in the other,what grade would this be overall
    I would assume a B, as I believe last year it was 98 for a B

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got the foundation paper mark scheme? I and everyone else doing foundation would highly appreciate it. Cheers

ReputationRep:
    For question 1b would I still get the marks for 9/20? I did put it as a percentage too but I only put 9/20 in the answer box.

ReputationRep:
    Heey,
    I got exactly the same... please explain it if 40.0 was wrong
    I rearranged the formula?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone show me the work solution for question 20? 3x^2+6x-2
    I got totally different answers

ReputationRep:
    can someone explain question 15, the car depreciation as i got the answer as yes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ad4m)
    There will be a range for Q25 considering the values were very long and many people might have rounded and not typed the whole version in. Plus different calculators will cut the answer off. I got 80.4 but there will be a range.
    Yeah I used the answer button and wrote down one other working fully. My final calculator answer was 80.4755... To three significant figures it's 80.48 as the 0 is not a significant figure.

ReputationRep:
    Hoping boundaries are low. A* may go up to 160+ but hoping it stays low.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got foundation mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    I had 0.22 as well!!

QUOTE=Gamer_44;65593879]Might be wrong, however, I think it may have been the small packet as the unit cost was something like 0.22222 whereas the others were higher?[/QUOTE]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nortexg)
    Yeah I used the answer button and wrote down one other working fully. My final calculator answer was 80.4755... To three significant figures it's 80.48 as the 0 is not a significant figure.
    0 is considered a significant figure when between digits. However, you would not be penalised for leaving the answer to 2dp.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fez_Shabbir)
    who done foundation ?
    Me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maphec)
    can someone explain question 15, the car depreciation as i got the answer as yes?
    what was ur answer? I got the right answer but i wrote yes for some reason, lol, silly me. but if you made the same mistake its because 7500 and under would mean the car depreciated by 50% as it costed 15000. If it was over this price, it was not as low as half yet.

ReputationRep:
    such an easy exam- the grade boundaries should be high

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomas-cowley)
    Oh f**k, I got 47.5! How did you get that? I used 1/2absinc, cosine rule and then sine rule - and triple checked it
    Basically in the area of a triangle, the angle has to 'connect' the 2 lengths...

So it gave B-A = 7cm B-C = 8cm Find angle BAC

Since this didn't connect the lengths, we had to find another length, or angle... Length was the easiest

1/2 abSinC = 18
    (8*7*sinC)/2 = 18
    8*7*sincC = 36
    Sin^-1(9/14) = 40

Then cosine rule
    A^2 = 8^2 + 7^2 - 2*8*7 * cos40
    A = 5.215651673

Then sine rule
    A (from above) / sin40 = 8 / sinx
    8(sin40) / A = sinx
    X = sin^-1 (8(sin40) / A)
    X =80.37
    X = 80.4

Hope that helped! Even though it's a bit late now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ad4m)
    0 is considered a significant figure when between digits. However, you would not be penalised for leaving the answer to 2dp.
    Thanks, before the exam I researched significant figures and it was more complicated than I thought depending on the scenarios and stuff. Hopefully like you said they'll accept my answer, otherwise I can say good bye to the 100/100 dream.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.