Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

CTAM: Count to a million and be the first forum to do it (Part 10)

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DefaultXP)
    Evening

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

100 post stats:

mr T 999 - 6

Pinkteddyx64 - 3

04MR17 - 2

Arbuthnot - 2

someonethinking - 1

Mediaya - 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Haha, sure is a lot longer than I expected the post to be
    Yep, did warn you it was a long post

Wow, well fair enough. Tbh, I'm not really into a lot of the music played on there

Ooh, that'll be interesting. Thanks for that, not sure if I actually want to hear it because it's just disgraceful that they've done this!
    I prefer Capital (and Kiss) because they play the music I'm into. Heart.... well, they aren't very adventurous with new songs, they hack their other songs to bits, and they repeat old '80s songs that I'm fed up with, despite not even being around in the 80s!

I can't find the "hacked" version of Neyo, so I'll have to tape it when it next airs. I think it'll be a case of sifting through the "last played" list until I find it, replay the show, tape the song and then upload it. You'll be amazed at what they did :eek:

Fairs, haha I haven't really listened to his breakfast shows, but from what I've gathered, they can be quite funny in parts Ooh that's cool! Yeah, I've noticed certain repeat songs on Radio X too
    (Wow, this reply is a lot shorter than your post :lol:)
    I really didn't like him when he was on radio 1; the only interesting thing was the Monday Night Pub Quiz (on a Tues morning) - that was fun, everything else was boring! During a typical 30 minute slot, they would have the news for 5-10 minutes, and 2 songs (which is about 6-8 minutes). So on average, that leaves 15-20 minutes of utter nonsensical chit-chat rubbish to fill up the remaining time. Fantastic :rolleyes: :yawn:

Yep, I noticed that

Yeah! But this was actually the first time I've had a meal deal from Sainsbury's - I used opt for Tesco's

Cool, that's great!

Haha, indeed

I will, but I think the Co-op is the main one people go to for lunch there

I don't usually go to Tesco's, as it is too far away. When I went for a hot meal there (quite a while back), I had fish and chips... and it was mediocre. It wasn't that hot either, likely it had sat for a while under the hot-plate (or whatever it is called).... Used to like Morrisons though, but that's quite far away as well...

Certainly in our town, the main place that people go is the Co-op... we also have a bakery as well, and that gets busy sometimes. And the nice fish and chip shop gets busy sometimes as well.

Funnily enough, there is a burger shop that does grills, burgers, kebabs, pizzas etc, that is situated right next to the fish and chips shop... It used to be reasonably busy until they put their prices up about a month ago, guess what... Totally quiet now! :doh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr T 999)

100 post stats:

mr T 999 - 6

Pinkteddyx64 - 3

04MR17 - 2

Arbuthnot - 2

someonethinking - 1

Mediaya - 1
    Hi Mr T. Thanks for the update on the 100 post stats!

Were there any consecutive 100 posters, i.e. anyone get any consecutive 100 posts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spotify95)
    Yep, did warn you it was a long post

I prefer Capital (and Kiss) because they play the music I'm into. Heart.... well, they aren't very adventurous with new songs, they hack their other songs to bits, and they repeat old '80s songs that I'm fed up with, despite not even being around in the 80s!

I can't find the "hacked" version of Neyo, so I'll have to tape it when it next airs. I think it'll be a case of sifting through the "last played" list until I find it, replay the show, tape the song and then upload it. You'll be amazed at what they did :eek:
    Haha you did

Fair enough. That's true but I prefer to avoid some of the modern songs that are played

Ohh, OK. Thanks for that! You don't have to though, it seems like a lot of work to get that done and you have plenty of other things to be getting on with
    I really didn't like him when he was on radio 1; the only interesting thing was the Monday Night Pub Quiz (on a Tues morning) - that was fun, everything else was boring! During a typical 30 minute slot, they would have the news for 5-10 minutes, and 2 songs (which is about 6-8 minutes). So on average, that leaves 15-20 minutes of utter nonsensical chit-chat rubbish to fill up the remaining time. Fantastic :rolleyes: :yawn:

Yep, I noticed that
    Ohh I see, haha :rofl:

I don't usually go to Tesco's, as it is too far away. When I went for a hot meal there (quite a while back), I had fish and chips... and it was mediocre. It wasn't that hot either, likely it had sat for a while under the hot-plate (or whatever it is called).... Used to like Morrisons though, but that's quite far away as well...

Certainly in our town, the main place that people go is the Co-op... we also have a bakery as well, and that gets busy sometimes. And the nice fish and chip shop gets busy sometimes as well.

Funnily enough, there is a burger shop that does grills, burgers, kebabs, pizzas etc, that is situated right next to the fish and chips shop... It used to be reasonably busy until they put their prices up about a month ago, guess what... Totally quiet now! :doh:

Ohh right. We don't have a Morrison's nearby so hardly been there.

Aw cool, yeah there's a bakery by my school too

Haha, they should have expected that to happen! (Well, maybe not as quiet but high prices are not that attractive :nah:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And... Lincs FM have BLOWN IT! :mad: :banghead: :doh:

http://www.lincsfm.co.uk/music/searc...-08-18&time=08

Note the song that played at 8:54 AM.
    Oh dear indeed :doh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spotify95)
    And... Lincs FM have BLOWN IT! :mad: :banghead: :doh:

http://www.lincsfm.co.uk/music/searc...-08-18&time=08

Note the song that played at 8:54 AM.
    Oh dear indeed :doh:

Sorry Spotify, I don't quite get what's wrong :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha you did

Fair enough. That's true but I prefer to avoid some of the modern songs that are played

Ohh, OK. Thanks for that! You don't have to though, it seems like a lot of work to get that done and you have plenty of other things to be getting on with

Ohh I see, haha :rofl:

Yep In all honesty, there's only been a couple of songs (or so) that I've actually refused to listen to, most of them have been at least tolerable. Though of course, there was a song that I recently pointed out to you, that isn't tolerable.

No worries! It won't take long, so long as the last 10 songs feature decides to function.

Now you know why I don't like Chris Moyles... I want to hear music, not trivial, ridiculous, blithering chit-chat!

Ohh right. We don't have a Morrison's nearby so hardly been there.

Aw cool, yeah there's a bakery by my school too

Haha, they should have expected that to happen! (Well, maybe not as quiet but high prices are not that attractive :nah:)

Our nearest Morrisons is about 5 miles away, so not that convenient. Especially when Asda is about half a mile away, Lidl is about 1 mile away and Co-op is a couple of hundred meters away!

The bakery does get busy and the food is good quality as well

Yep - we've stopped going there, as have most other people! They'll live to regret that price hike...

ReputationRep:
    Sorry Spotify, I don't quite get what's wrong :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have a look at that link - it takes you to the songs that LINCS FM have recently played.
    Scroll down and note the song that played at 8:54 AM.

That says it all....

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.