Turn on thread page Beta

Those applying for Speech Sciences / Speech and Language Therapy / SLT for 2010 Entry watch

ReputationRep:
    I had a dream last night that I got an offer from Marjon!

Too bad it hasn't happened in real life, but I doubt I'll hear anything before the 15th January deadline. In my acknowledgement they put: "Don't worry if you don't hear from us for a while - we haven't forgotten you!" They probably wait until they have all possible applications before deciding.

At least I haven't been rejected out right! If I was completely hopeless they would have told me already. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kavskebabs)
    hey what have you guys written for the manchester q'naire?
    for the second q- 'Why do ppl not accept the offered speech and language services?' thanks
    im working on the questionnaires at the moment too, got ones from reading manchester and manchester met and interview at uea on 14th december. on my second gap year so feel like ive been out of education for so long. hard to get back into thinking what to write for these questions!

ReputationRep:
    i've got a reading questionnaire too and an UEA interview on the same day! so i'll see you there!!!

ReputationRep:
    OMGGGGG OFFER FROM READING!!!! i am so happy atm!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zanzapan)
    OMGGGGG OFFER FROM READING!!!! i am so happy atm!!!
    Well done! You must be a model candidate! It's a great uni, but don't live in uni accommodation! My friend lives in one of the halls, and it's really old and tatty. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhoenixFortune)
    Well done! You must be a model candidate! It's a great uni, but don't live in uni accommodation! My friend lives in one of the halls, and it's really old and tatty. :p:
    Haha thank you, but i really doubt i am, I just sent my application off early

Reading isnt my first choice, its my only backupas its the only one with lower grades!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zanzapan)
    Haha thank you, but i really doubt i am, I just sent my application off early

Reading isnt my first choice, its my only backupas its the only one with lower grades!
    Apparently everyone gets equal consideration who applies before the 15th January deadline, so you probably were really good!

I don't know anyone who I met when I was applying last year who got into Reading, as they didn't get the grades. Hopefully you will though, they might have put the entry grades down since I applied.

ReputationRep:
    can anyone help with a questionnaire for the manchester met course? i'm soo stuck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jj.smith)
    can anyone help with a questionnaire for the manchester met course? i'm soo stuck!!
    What do you need help with?

ReputationRep:
    well done on your offer Zanzapan!! seems like your sorted... i just hope mine start rolling in
    i thought the stress of doing my PS was over and now i gotta worry bout interviews and filling in forms... Gawd!

Yea i had an interview on the 14th at UEA- but i gotta rearrange cus im in INDIA

let me know how you get on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauraslw)
    im working on the questionnaires at the moment too, got ones from reading manchester and manchester met and interview at uea on 14th december. on my second gap year so feel like ive been out of education for so long. hard to get back into thinking what to write for these questions!
    lol, i just sent my manchester Qnaire off yday, i hate officially writing it down on the paper- its too final.

ReputationRep:
    well done on your offer Zanzapan!! seems like your sorted... i just hope mine start rolling in
    i thought the stress of doing my PS was over and now i gotta worry bout interviews and filling in forms... Gawd!

Yea i had an interview on the 14th at UEA- but i gotta rearrange cus im in INDIA

let me know how you get on
    I was meant to have mine on the 14th too but I'm on holiday so I've had to rearrage. The next available date is February 8th so aaages away yet

ReputationRep:
    Bumblebee give us some interview tips when you've had yours. Good luck xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumpling)
    I was meant to have mine on the 14th too but I'm on holiday so I've had to rearrage. The next available date is February 8th so aaages away yet
    really oh my!! that is long- well at least jan exams will be over!
    erm... i have been trying to call the secretary man at UEA but he wont pick up and hasnt rang me back yet- i called over the w/e and on monday.. when did you call him and how long did he take to reply? x

ReputationRep:
    lol, i just sent my manchester Qnaire off yday, i hate officially writing it down on the paper- its too final.
    yep i sent mine off yesterday too, no point stressing about it now is there! just got to wait. let me know how it goes!

ReputationRep:
    will do and you keep me posted how did you come across the course? was it just by chance or a long time coming?

ReputationRep:
    Okay this is my first time using this so my apologies if I reply to the wrong bit! I'm waiting for any offers for language and speech therapy too! Sending of my mmu questionnaire tomorrow, already sent my reading one off! I'm seriously stressing as I haven't had a reply, I really want reading as my first choice. Have a lot of people been getting offers from the universities?
    I have an interview on the 15th for UEA, any interview tips lol? My oh my, stressful times!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been to UCL for a look or City university London ? On a SLT course what is the amount of time on clinical placements etc ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsTennant)
    On a SLT course what is the amount of time on clinical placements etc ?
    I can tell you about the clinical placements in the first year... for Marjon anyway!

We are conversation partners for someone with Aphasia, one hour a week, for 6 months. We have to visit them in their home and talk to them. This is a kind of placement... but not clinical! It's part of the Connect scheme, if you've heard of it...

We also have a placements in a nursing home for one day a week after christmas, to give us an idea of elderly people without speech and language problems, before we look at people with speech and language problems.

After easter we have a placement in a nursery for one day a week, to give us an idea of typically developing children.

Our first clinical placements is in June. It's going to be for 3 weeks. I know that we have 2/3 clinical placements in both our second and third years as well. I think they are for longer than 3 weeks.

However, this will be different for different uni's You could always email them and ask!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsTennant)
    Has anyone been to UCL for a look or City university London ? On a SLT course what is the amount of time on clinical placements etc ?

Im going down on the 2nd for an interview, and I get a tour and stuff while I am there so I will let you know.
    Also, with placements, if you go on their page for SLT on the website in the bottom left hand corner there is a printable SLT prospectus, its got loads of info about their course and facilities

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 16, 2010

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.