Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fifi192)
    Oooh my Durham application got sent to college yesterday (Grey hopefully) I hope we don't have to wait too long, it's teasing you telling you you almost have an offer but not quite! but i reckon at this time when they haven't even received all their applications yet it's unlikely any college would refuse an applicant without a specific reason? well that's what I'd think anyway, but who knows what goes on in the mysterious world of uni admissions! :iiam:

Mine got sent on Monday, well that was the first time I had checked in a while and it had been forwarded I am waiting for Grey too so we will probably we waiting for the same time. I'm hoping it won't be for any longer than a week, I hate the waiting :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex0723)
    Mine got sent on Monday, well that was the first time I had checked in a while and it had been forwarded I am waiting for Grey too so we will probably we waiting for the same time. I'm hoping it won't be for any longer than a week, I hate the waiting :eek3:
    There must be something about geography and Grey College, we all seem to be applying there!

I have to admit that I did like how close it was to the department

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boggybop)
    There must be something about geography and Grey College, we all seem to be applying there!

I have to admit that I did like how close it was to the department
    I think its just a coincidence but yea, if they only took a week for you hopefully they will only take a week for us too!

ReputationRep:
    I got an open day at UCL! but no interview I'm SOO confused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themango)
    I got an open day at UCL! but no interview I'm SOO confused
    That's a good thing. The open day+interview means that UCL aren't entirely sure about you and want to know a bit more about you.

If you're just invited to the open day alone, the most talking you'll have to do is a small discussion in the presence of a tutor, with like 4 or 5 other applicants. Many people said, as long as you turn up to the open day, don't do anything too stupid in the discussion, you'll get an offer

If you got called for an interview, it would be harder for you to get the final offer. So don't worry about it!! Congrats!

(Original post by El28)
    My friend got that weird thing off Exeter too! But it was for English. Haha. Yay, at least they've acknowledged you! Noo sorry I meant an offer from Durham for the BA, oops!
    And now don't know if you noticed, but I got an offer from Exeter!! They were sooo quick. Remind me where you've applied and what offers you've got so far?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jess_888)
    That's a good thing. The open day+interview means that UCL aren't entirely sure about you and want to know a bit more about you.

If you're just invited to the open day alone, the most talking you'll have to do is a small discussion in the presence of a tutor, with like 4 or 5 other applicants. Many people said, as long as you turn up to the open day, don't do anything too stupid in the discussion, you'll get an offer

If you got called for an interview, it would be harder for you to get the final offer. So don't worry about it!! Congrats!

And now don't know if you noticed, but I got an offer from Exeter!! They were sooo quick. Remind me where you've applied and what offers you've got so far?
    Arghhhh congratulations!!! That's awesome well done! And so quick! You must have an amazing profile for them to be that quick. I applied to Durham, UCL, KCL, Bristol and Cambridge and have interviews for UCL and Cambridge. I want to get an offer now though because all my friends seem to be getting them!!

ReputationRep:
    Nobody has a Bristol geog offer yet do they?! I'm becoming a bit paranoid about this whole threshold thing...

ReputationRep:
    Ive now got offers for Keele, Reading and Nottingham!

I also had the letter from Bristol saying my application is being considered when they have more applicants and so far an acknowledgement from Durham and my applications been in the department now for over a month

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex0723)
    haha cool yeah I'm assuming mine was sent yesterday but I can't remember whether or not I checked on mon, although more than likely did! lol wow it is kind of weird how we all picked Grey! tbh it was more a lack of decision than an actual choice, I just stuck it down on UCAS because I didn't want to leave the box empty, then just left it at that..
    ok so i won't worry unless I hear nothing the day after u get an offer then :p:

ReputationRep:
    I don't even have a letter from Bristol yet, but my app is only a week old so I'm not worrying.

ReputationRep:
    Offers from Manchester and Exeter!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El28)
    Arghhhh congratulations!!! That's awesome well done! And so quick! You must have an amazing profile for them to be that quick. I applied to Durham, UCL, KCL, Bristol and Cambridge and have interviews for UCL and Cambridge. I want to get an offer now though because all my friends seem to be getting them!!
    Thank youuu Ahhhhh you've picked the most competitive universities possible!!! Awwww :console: but given the fact you've got an interview from Cambridge, your profile must be ridiculously amazing for them to consider you!!!! So definitely think of it was a positive thing :yes: they'd be crazy not to want you!

(Original post by adamreed)
    Ive now got offers for Keele, Reading and Nottingham!
    Congrats on your offers so far!! How long did it take for Reading to reply to you??

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Sussex, I'm desperate to hear from them and want to know how long they usually take? Any ideas, anyone?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fifi192)
    haha cool yeah I'm assuming mine was sent yesterday but I can't remember whether or not I checked on mon, although more than likely did! lol wow it is kind of weird how we all picked Grey! tbh it was more a lack of decision than an actual choice, I just stuck it down on UCAS because I didn't want to leave the box empty, then just left it at that..
    ok so i won't worry unless I hear nothing the day after u get an offer then :p:

Don't jinx it I am not going to be happy about it until I get the offer through on track!

ReputationRep:
    I am so worried about unis now I can see that everyone has offers from Durham and I really really really want an offer from them! I haven't even been referred to college yet so I guess that means I'm in the bottom candidates either boarderline or going to be rejected but hey chin up right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hardy_4_paws)
    I am so worried about unis now I can see that everyone has offers from Durham and I really really really want an offer from them! I haven't even been referred to college yet so I guess that means I'm in the bottom candidates either boarderline or going to be rejected but hey chin up right?
    I'm waiting on Durham too. It's been 1 month since I sent off my application and I've yet to hear from them. I think I might be a maybe
    seeing as they haven't rejected me yet. So i guess we're in the same boat

I do have one offer though so at least I know I can actually go 2 uni...wohooo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozi193)
    I'm waiting on Durham too. It's been 1 month since I sent off my application and I've yet to hear from them. I think I might be a maybe
    seeing as they haven't rejected me yet. So i guess we're in the same boat

I do have one offer though so at least I know I can actually go 2 uni...wohooo!
    I think i'm in the same boat as you guys as i havnt heard a thing yet and its been over a month now

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone happen to know if KCL interview for Geog or not? I'm totally confused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamreed)
    I think i'm in the same boat as you guys as i havnt heard a thing yet and its been over a month now
    Mine wasn't sent to a college until this monday I think, which was 4 and a half weeks after I sent my application off so I wouldn't worry that seems pretty normal! An offer in March is the exact same result as an offer in November anyway ... although I'm thinking that's probably not what you want to hear!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hardy_4_paws)
    Right! :yep:

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.