OCR Physics A - G484 The Newtonian World Watch

Clarity Incognito
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Katermerang)
It didn't say momentum was conserved, it said " the momentum of each of the particles is the same" this dose not occur in inelastic collisions.
Dangnabbit, is that what it said?? my bad, can't even remember it.

Someone confirm that the total energy for that graph was just a line at the top please
skipp
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That paper seemed slightly too easy...which in my world means I've made a lot of silly mistakes :s: I also got 1 & 3 for the multiple choice
Katermerang
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Clarity Incognito)

Someone confirm that the total energy for that graph was just a line at the top please
I'm pretty sure It said that, I'm sure I would have ticked it if it said something as simple as momentum is conserved. Only one mark though.

Yes one of the lines was just a horizontal one passing through 18mJ.
DanPok
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I got 1 and 3 for the multiple choice too, why are people saying you had to divide through by 4? the question gave you the seperate weight of each disk break of 1.2kg.

if it'd have given you 4.8kg as the total mass of all 4 then yes you'd have had to divide through by 4.
Katermerang
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by DanPok)
I got 1 and 3 for the multiple choice too, why are people saying you had to divide through by 4? the question gave you the seperate weight of each disk break of 1.2kg.

if it'd have given you 4.8kg as the total mass of all 4 then yes you'd have had to divide through by 4.
Because the energy was shared equally between them, so you had to divide it by four to get the energy change for each.
Katermerang
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by hoddy)
That means that graph K was a flipped over potential energy graph ?
Yes.
DanPok
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Clarity Incognito)

yes it was mate
charliet99
Report 8 years ago
er for the geostationary orbit it didn't say didstance from the surface, and it didnt tell us the radius of earth, also the diagram of r had it to the centre of the earth. was i right by not deducting the radius of earth
Katermerang
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by charliet99)
er for the geostationary orbit it didn't say didstance from the surface, and it didnt tell us the radius of earth, also the diagram of r had it to the centre of the earth. was i right by not deducting the radius of earth
Yes, gravitational forces always act from the centre of mass of an object not its surface.
DanPok
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It didn't give us the radius of the earth so there was no need
DanPok
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by hoddy)
Not sure If I remember this one correctly, but for the pressure in the ball at 0C. I got 2.45 x 10^5 Pa, this ring a bell with anyone?
yup was right and the mass of air as 0.017 rounded up to 0.02 kg
Katermerang
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by hoddy)
Not sure If I remember this one correctly, but for the pressure in the ball at 0C. I got 2.45 x 10^5 Pa, this ring a bell with anyone?
Yes I think I got that or 2.44 x 10^5 Pa, depending on rounding.
skipp
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Wait...diagram? I don't remember drawing one :afraid:

*hopes it was just something you did to help yourself answer the question*

And forgot there were 4 brake pads :facepalm: thought my answers were a little high...well there goes a chunk of marks :s:
Katermerang
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by skipp)
Wait...diagram? I don't remember drawing one :afraid:

*hopes it was just something you did to help yourself answer the question*
At the bottom of the page that came before the question, it had no relevance to the question.
skipp
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Katermerang)
At the bottom of the page that came before the question, it had no relevance to the question.
Ah ok
edris
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by zoolander0110)
done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! was an nice one to finnish. did you get 0.016 for mass of air in ball?
Yes, spot on!
Kd3239
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
what did you get for the radius ( geostationary orbit question) ? i got 9.5 x10^5 i think
DanPok
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kd3239)
what did you get for the radius ( geostationary orbit question) ? i got 9.5 x10^5 i think
tis what i got but i think its wrong
Remarqable M
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kd3239)
im pretty sure it was 4.23 x 10^7 m
Kd3239
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
did u use 1 day or change it to seconds?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.11%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.4%