Facebook banned in Pakistan Watch

This discussion is closed.
User414413
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by DJkG.1)
Don’t know why but no one seems to understand your post. It seems like you were speaking hypothetically and saying that even though you agree with the concept of liberty and freedom, it isn’t our place to judge what is right for THEIR country, some countries are incompatible with the concept of freedom and liberty and we should wait until they are ready. If the government and the people are in agreement there will be nothing good coming out of foreign intervention.

Am I close?
birdsong1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Inzamam99)
If people weren't so busy insulting Islam maybe there wouldn't be any need to burn embassies :rolleyes:
LOL.

Now with stuff like South Park, I disagree with it but I appreciate that it's a comedy show and obviously they don't intend harm. Also they do it with all religions... With this retardedness the aim of the people participating is obviously to slander normal Muslims and inflame extremists or they would have used some other less controversial thing to highlight their right to their ******* precious freedom of speech.
Are you an idiot?

1) No one is slandering anyone.

2) If Muslims burn embassies over an issue, why do you expect some less controversial issue to be at point? The point is not the freedom of speech per se, the point is the burning of embassies LOL.
teagan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If people weren't so busy insulting Islam maybe there wouldn't be any need to burn embassies :rolleyes:

Now with stuff like South Park, I disagree with it but I appreciate that it's a comedy show and obviously they don't intend harm. Also they do it with all religions... With this retardedness the aim of the people participating is obviously to slander normal Muslims and inflame extremists or they would have used some other less controversial thing to highlight their right to their ******* precious freedom of speech.
That's the reason the group was started in the first place, because the episode of South Park was banned.
As you say, they mock all religions, and people don't understand why Islam should be any different..

So this is a stand against freedom of speech, albeit not a very good one:rolleyes:
ajtiesto
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by birdsong1)
Incorrect, they are definitely using their freedom of criticizing the stupid religious law against drawing Muhammad and the tendency to burn embassies of those countries where people do so.

Think about it, if Muslims weren't so busy burning embassies, do you think anyone would bother making a Draw Muhammad Day?
If people weren't so obsessed with Muhammed and muslims, there would be no protest or burning of embassies in the firsrt place. People don't wake up one day and go down embassies and start burning it down. The fact Muhammed and Islam has nothing to do with these idiots just shows they're out to get a reaction from muslims. It really is pathetic attempt to try destabalise relations which is bad as it is already. Maybe they could of done something useful in order bridge relations between non muslims and muslim and understanding our differences, something peaceful for once.
Diaz89
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Democracy)
You ignored my point...do you think it's okay for me to support the censorship of the Tory website because I happen to dislike Conservativism?
Yes but those are two radically different phenemona. Politics is a frivolous matter in comparison to your faith and in essence you being held to account to it.
nihility
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Incorrect, they are definitely using their freedom of criticizing the stupid religious law against drawing Muhammad and the tendency to burn embassies of those countries where people do so.

Think about it, if Muslims weren't so busy burning embassies, do you think anyone would bother making a Draw Muhammad Day?
lol. this.
it stops being fun winding up the crazies when they dont go crazy anymore.
lovely_me
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It can't be...Pakistan make an...unjust law. Never! That country is the pedestal of democracy!
Moe Lester
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
See what I mean about you being the one second-guessing? :rolleyes:

Read my posts - I'm not defending the Pakistani regime's decision to block FB at all.

Lol you need to learn how to answer a legitimate question without fuming up and posting reams of 'response' to a criticism I never made.

I edited my last post by the way, but to sum it up:

"This isn't going anywhere so I'll leave it at that."

Take care (and calm down).
Forgive me, but I fail to understand what exactly you are arguing. From what I have read your argument swings from an interesting (but disagreeable) post-modernist argument, to attacking secularism, and then claiming that the Pakistani state is in the wrong (which it so obviously is). You also seem to be happy denying (I may be wrong - but this is what it looks like) the rights of democracy and so forth to the third world - something which is always easy to do from the comfort of an advanced and wealthy democracy.
ss123
Report 8 years ago
oh thank you lovely_me: what an intelligent and significant contribution to the raging debate!How very LOVELY
birdsong1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ajtiesto)
If people weren't so obsessed with Muhammed and muslims, there would be no protest or burning of embassies in the firsrt place.
If Muslims were not so obsessed with Muhammad, maybe. As it was, your choice of blame is completely misplaced.

A small, locally distributed newspaper printed some cartoons about Muhammad. It was the Muslims who turned it into a worldwide, embassy burning obsessionfest.
Moe Lester
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Diaz89)
Yes but those are two radically different phenemona. Politics is a frivolous matter in comparison to your faith and in essence you being held to account to it.
Ah but not to some people, politics is way, way more important.

Who ranks this importance-offensiveness direct proportion calculation, the state?
Bslforever
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ectodermal)
Oh no, you have no Facebook.
You can't stalk someone for 10 days, or poke someone, or like someone's status, or add randomers ... oh no, what will you do ...
Bslforever likes this.
ss123
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Moe Lester)

Who ranks this importance-offensiveness direct proportion calculation, the state?
yes, because it is the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, and not the Democratic Republic of Pakistan
Diaz89
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Moe Lester)

Yes I understand but I'm refering from a religious point of view. I'd get into more trouble with God for allowing facebook to benifit from my respective nation's audience (adverstiment etc) while at the same time it offends his Prophet than blocking some party's website.
nihility
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ss123)
yes, because it is the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, and not the Democratic Republic of Pakistan
yes. and we are all agreed thats a bad thing. yes?
-M$ [email protected]
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by x_muneeb_x)
right on :woo:
Lol, cant argue yourself, can you?
Awakening
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
meh...
ajtiesto
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If Muslims were not so obsessed with Muhammad, maybe. As it was, your choice of blame is completely inaccurate.

A small, locally distributed newspaper printed some cartoons about Muhammad. It was the Muslims who turned it into a worldwide, embassy burning obsessionfest.
Have you read what you've just posted.

Are you a muslim? If not then i find your first point quite rude and offensive. I'm no muslim but from what i know Muhammed is an important figure in a muslim persons life. As for the second point i don't blame muslims for taking to the streets. Drawing of a bomb on Muhammeds head, way to go :rolleyes:

You obviously have a problem with muslims by the sounds of it you make me quite sick at lack of respect you have even you're against religion. Wouldn't surprise me if you thought they were all terrorists. Blood boil when you see a muslim does it?

Man i am glad i wasn't raised to hate. Your tone of hate is really scary btw, for a girl!
Kreuzuerk
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ajtiesto)
Man i am glad i wasn't raised to hate.
No, instead you simply seek to curtail the liberties of others and attempt to limit their freedom of expression.
nihility
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That would be correct if I argued that some human beings are superior to others, but I never did. And nor would I, seeing as that is a belief I fundamentally disagree with.

I was merely pointing out to Democracy (after agreeing with him in a previous post) that nothing is inalienable, perhaps a somewhat post-modernist take on the issue but still not an inaccurate one.

That goes for objective religious "truths" too; and for any party to present their unassailable moral absolutes that can never be transgressed (subjectively) and expect others to conform to them despite entirely different backgrounds will only lead to friction and ultimately tension and conflict.

I think it says a lot about some militant secularists who want to overhaul the way other nations are run because they fundamentally disagree with their illiberal nature, but refuse to acknowledge that intervening and forcing another set of definite absolutes is as illiberal in itself (ie. Democracy). But meh... that's how humans have always done things and we probably won't ever change. :p:
where are these militant secularists? i want to join up.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads