Today: Everybody Draw Mohammed Day! Watch

cactussed
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by mikeylfc1989)
Taking the piss out of a stupid ideology is radically different to promoting pedophilia lol?

All that's hurt from the former is their ego.
But if you look at it as somebody just speaking about their personal likes and dislikes rather than promoting paedophilia, isn't it just the same? Isn't it someone's freedom to speak about what they like to do with their lives?

I agree that it's ridiculous that they should get so wound up about someone drawing Mohammed, as he supposedly did exist as a human after all, and death threats are way OTT. But if they find it offensive, there's nothing you can do about it other than accept they find it offensive and stop trying to stir things up.
Texan88
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Google is in TROUBLE!

http://www.google.com/images?q=muham...N&hl=en&tab=wi
mikeylfc1989
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by 4G_dollars)
I was wondering what exactly drawing Muhammed will achieve? All I see, is that it further escalates the segregation between Muslims and Non-Muslims and stirs up trouble. I think it is pathetic.
People claim that such drawings are not against Islam and muslims but only against Extremist Muslims.
Drawing Muhammed is offensive to Muslims. It would further push muslims into extremism. That isn't really a good thing.
People talk of freedom of expression. That is a qualified right and does not include hatred.
What concerns me is that, we have people on TSR who are really dumbfounded. Extremist muslims represent themselves (you can't put figure on this as it is 0.000000000000000000000000000000 00000000001%). They do not represent Islam or the rest of the majority of muslims.

To put it in context:
You stated in your previous posts that regards "pissing over the creators..." you claimed it was a ridiculous analogy.
I think that is disgusting that not right, and totally agree. However, playing this point, what is wrong with "pissing over the creators..." at the end of the day, it is exercising one's right of free expression.
It's saying you quoted me?
SomeStudent
Badges: 14
Report 8 years ago
On topic, I think it's pathetic.

(Original post by uer23)
I don't care about any of this in particular.

But tbh whoever uses facebook is a pussy anyway. Why you don't you get your ass out and meet people. Want to make friends over the internet ******* cocks.
:rofl: some of us like to keep in touch with our friends through mobiles and facebook. Nothing's wrong with it.
mikeylfc1989
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by cactussed)
But if you look at it as somebody just speaking about their personal likes and dislikes rather than promoting paedophilia, isn't it just the same? Isn't it someone's freedom to speak about what they like to do with their lives?

I agree that it's ridiculous that they should get so wound up about someone drawing Mohammed, as he supposedly did exist as a human after all, and death threats are way OTT. But if they find it offensive, there's nothing you can do about it other than accept they find it offensive and stop trying to stir things up.
I know where you're coming from, it's just a bad example. Free speech aimed to offend isn't a sensible thing to do, but I don't have anything against it.

In terms of this thread, it's all down to how the Muslims react to it, it's probably not a good idea, but I don't personally see it as a bad thing. I will have a lot more respect for Islam if they're able to ignore this.

If not, they will come out worse than those stirring up this protest.
4G_dollars
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's saying you quoted me?
???
I did. I quoted an earlier post of yours. It was in regards "pissing over the creator's....".
mikeylfc1989
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
???
I did. I quoted an earlier post of yours. It was regards "pissing over the creator's....". I forget what it was.
ah, I can't really remember it, sorry. What did I say?
Nick_000
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Remember this is a reaction to how certain Muslims reacted to the South Park episode. I'm not going to draw Mohammed but I respect the right of those who do decide to draw him.

What is worse; A person sketching or people threatening to kill others for what they percieve as intolerance? The best thing that Muslims can do is what they should have done to the initial South Park episode - Ignore it.
MaceyThe
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It seems some Muslim are almost permanently offended by our decadent/liberal Western societies....... Why don't they just boycott the West and not insist on bringing all their family members over from Pakistan?

Just feck off!

Everyone would be happy.
mikeylfc1989
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Nick_000)
Remember this is a reaction to how certain Muslims reacted to the South Park episode. I'm not going to draw Mohammed but I respect the right of those who do decide to draw him.

What is worse; A person sketching or people threatening to kill others for what they percieve as intolerance? The best thing that Muslims can do is what they should have done to the initial South Park episode - Ignore it.
This..., if Muslims can ignore this, it will be a positive thing. If they can't they will come out worse than those stirring this protest. It's actually an opportunity for them, I'm sure some will waste it though.
4G_dollars
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
ah, I can't really remember it, sorry. What did I say?
Originally Posted by Genocidal
These people are pathetic. Why upset millions of innocent people in the first place? I bet the creators would be furious if I invented a group that orders people to piss on their dead moms grave day.

How can you compare the two? That's ridiculous.

To which I reply:

I was wondering what exactly drawing Muhammed will achieve? All I see, is that it further escalates the segregation between Muslims and Non-Muslims and stirs up trouble. I think it is pathetic.
People claim that such drawings are not against Islam and muslims but only against Extremist Muslims.
Drawing Muhammed is offensive to Muslims. It would further push muslims into extremism. That isn't really a good thing.
People talk of freedom of expression. That is a qualified right and does not include hatred.
What concerns me is that, we have people on TSR who are really dumbfounded. Extremist muslims represent themselves (you can't put figure on this as it is 0.000000000000000000000000000000 00000000001%). They do not represent Islam or the rest of the majority of muslims.

To put it in context:
You stated in your previous posts that regards "pissing over the creators..." you claimed it was a ridiculous analogy.
I think that is disgusting that not right, and totally agree. However, playing this point, what is wrong with "pissing over the creators..." at the end of the day, it is exercising one's right of free expression.

I personally would advocate muslims to ignore this and do give in.
Wardy23
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
First post about "Everybody draw Mohammed day" on "Everybody draw Mohammed day"!!!

EDIT: Third
conroe-killed-the-k8-star
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by icapturethecastle)
Personally, I think it's more disrespectful than anything. If it's widely known to cause upset and offence, why provoke it further? Of course everyone's entitled to free speech, but it wouldn't hurt to at least have some common sense or respect when excercising that right.
This.

I can't really see the point of this group besides antagonising those of the Muslim faith.
LAX Inc
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I boycotted Facebook =D.
mikeylfc1989
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Originally Posted by Genocidal
These people are pathetic. Why upset millions of innocent people in the first place? I bet the creators would be furious if I invented a group that orders people to piss on their dead moms grave day.

How can you compare the two? That's ridiculous.

To which I reply:

To put it in context:

I personally would advocate muslims to ignore this and do give in.
Oh right, good point. However, the way I see it, religion is a choice, belief system..., it should be open to criticism. The other comment is more hateful and personal. In terms of hate and offensiveness the second one infinitely worse.
bill-e
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Anyone doing it? As a sign of protest? Quite a few people seem to, just wondering if anyone else is on here.
Norfolkadam
Badges: 15
Report 8 years ago
This idea is stupid in about 10 different ways. Anyone who does this is a grade A moron.
thedepressedchild
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by bill-e)
Anyone doing it? As a sign of protest? Quite a few people seem to, just wondering if anyone else is on here.
Yup me, although it did take me about half an hour to figure out how to deactivate it as i've never done it before.
4G_dollars
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh right, good point. However, the way I see it, religion is a choice, belief system..., it should be open to criticism. The other comment is more hateful and personal. In terms of hate and offensiveness the seconds a lot worse. But you're right about free expression...
I agree. Religion should be scrutinized and challenged. What I mean in this sense, challenging religion over it's statements. This could involve scientific issues (evolution etc...), rights of women and non-(insert name of followers) etc...Those type of issues which allows an individual to gain better understanding of a religion.

I do not advocate or mean that you challenge religion in order to create an offence as seen here with the drawing of Muhammed. That is not challenging religion or subjecting a religion to an open criticism. It is just being petty and low.

I agree with your second point, that is offensive and a lot worse. A lot of Muslim view Muhammed as their role model. It is personal to them.
Something you may not be able to understand but something to at least appreciate that is how muslim view Muhammed.
Insulting the prophet will obviously create a reaction as a result in the same way the creator would be annoyed if someone created a group suggesting to piss on their "mother".
flowermaster91
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
pathetic tbh
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (110)
79.71%
Leave (28)
20.29%

Watched Threads