Turn on thread page Beta

Would Britain tolerate a Black Primeminister? watch

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't vote for her BECAUSE she is black or a woman (I feel many Americans voted for Obama simply because he was black (which is funny because he ISN'T)). I'd vote for her if she was a good candidate. However I've just realised she's running for labour, so no I wouldn't vote for her.

No way in hell would I vote for a muslim though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singh_2)
    I wouldn't vote for her because she's a woman, not because she's black.
    Oh no 100s of years of men, margret thatcher aside, have done some fab wars jobs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asha5692)
    That stereotype does not exist. Black people are known for being very religious...
    They're also known for being extremely homophobic. I wonder if the two are connected.

ReputationRep:
    People would vote for her just because shes black, you the overly liberal people

ReputationRep:
    Diane Abbot is a hypocritical arrogant git. I would never vote for any party in which she held major office, never mind lead.

ReputationRep:
    Black? fine
    Female? fine
    Labour? no

ReputationRep:
    just wondering what would be bnp's reaction, if that happens..

ReputationRep:
    Well, if America can have a black president I'm pretty sure Britain could have a black prime minister. But would the UK vote for a woman? Less likely. I don't know, it depends if they're any good at their job or not. That's the whole point, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    She never shuts up on the Politics show. She'll need Portillo by her side :P

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't tollerate her being my primeminister at all. Its just plain wrong.

She's Labour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NaturalDisaster)
    Well, if America can have a black president I'm pretty sure Britain could have a black prime minister. But would the UK vote for a woman? Less likely. I don't know, it depends if they're any good at their job or not. That's the whole point, anyway.

I agree. Damnitall, we'll never have a female Prime Minister!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Kat~)
    I agree. Damnitall, we'll never have a female Prime Minister!
    I blame Magsie...Silly woman, she's ruined it for all of us! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Britain's a pretty tolerant country so I can't see it being a huge deal, but only those who 'blend in' as it were; as in, race/skin colour/gender shouldn't matter, but as long as they can fit into the culture of the vast majority of British people and their way of life. So, that's probably why a lot of people are automatically saying they wouldn't vote for a Muslim (even though that wasn't even in the question), because religion and a different belief/culture would be too different and would alienate the vast majority of people. I doubt they'd get mass support.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrCharmed)
    You are disgusting, consider yourself neg repped you biggoted racist pig.
    Neg repped in return.

ReputationRep:
    Well, she won't be getting my vote. Because, she's, like, Labour and that.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why this thread hasn't been deleted ! What's her skin colour got to do on how well she can do her job?

******* ridiculous

:no: :mad: :no: :mad: :no:

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    tbh i do think some people would prefer an english white primeminister.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't be a problem for me at least. Diane Abbott would be a problem though - she just isn't PM material. Saying that she won't win.

ReputationRep:
    It shouldn't be a problem for anyone. It absolutely defies my belief when people judge others on their skin colour.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.