Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phobia27)
    Also a moment when a softball (they're not soft) came flying at me and hit me in the neck. I did catch it and got someone out, but I was choking for 10 minutes after.

Also someone tripped me up while I was running downhill on a concrete pavement. I tripped, skidded about 3 metres and ended up with a big hole in my knee, the scar I still have today after 8 years.
    Looooool awwww

ReputationRep:
    Filming for "Mr Hands"

ReputationRep:
    When a nerve in my neck came out of place. It hurt like hell and I couldn't move my neck for several days

ReputationRep:
    I once got an ear infection whilst surfing. Only I thought i just had water in my ear. I got some of that alcohol stuff that dries up the water, put a drop in my ear... must excruciating pain I have ever experienced in my life, it felt like someone shot fire down my ear and into my brain with a blow torch.

I googled what happened and several people had the same issue, one woman claimed it was worse than giving birth. But i'm not one to judge on that, especially as it only last about 30 seconds.

ReputationRep:
    Rubbing tin foil on a filling. It was actually a wrapper from something, but you get the idea.. it wasn't pleasant.

ReputationRep:
    I once had an operation on my mouth to put in some teeth because i was born missing 2 and the dentist started on one part of my mouth telling me 'i won't numb the other side yet because it'll wear off by the time i move to that side'. He moved to the other side and forgot to numb it, started slicing my gum open whilst i was grunting that he had forgotten. That hurt.

ReputationRep:
    Probably the aftermath of my ballsed-up operation to sort my ruptured appendix.

The surgeons had failed to clean my abdomen up properly, left a load of pus in there. Which caused reignition of my peritonitis.
    The doctors then failed to accept that there was anything wrong, claiming it was just trapped air following the procedure.
    I went about five hours in agony, panting to control the pain, before they accepted that something might be amiss and pumped me full of morphine again. I was totally exhausted, burning up, and writhing in pain.

ReputationRep:
    I stepped on a pin once, and it went all the way into my foot and got stuck. Wasn't actually too painful, I think it was the idea of it being stuck that was so bad!

ReputationRep:
    being told my 1 year old daughter had a brain tumour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJ AgnieszkaA)
    when they cancelled futurama
    the pain is over now
    Just 1 month and 2 days until the new series!!

ReputationRep:
    Severe ear infection, never had one before so didn't know what it was at the start and made the mistake of going to my chemist before my doctor who sold me some sort of spray. Used it twice before my ear became so inflamed it was sealed shut whilst still having liquid building up in there coupled with the spray stuff. It was like having a tennis ball stuck inside my ear with some invisable force trying to push it into my brain ****** up thing is it actually looked that way as well.

3 weeks of hell counting down the minutes till i could take another codeine then as the swelling went down they gave me vicodin so i was able to sleep for longer than 20 minutes.

Completely made me redefine what i considered pain, everything i've had before or since gets compared on a scale to that, also couldn't help thinking anyone who has a problem with euthanasia has no way felt pain like that.

ReputationRep:
    I know it's not the worst pain ever, but does anyone else /hate/ it when cramp in your leg (usually below the knee) wakes you up at night? It's just... You're not prepared for the pain.

ReputationRep:
    When I got shot 9 times

ReputationRep:
    Getting kicked in the balls.

ReputationRep:
    worst fear of pain was when the dentist was yanking two of my teeth out for braces! i thought i was going to die. and the recover period was killer! was drained for days

ReputationRep:
    When a girl broke my heart :sadnod:

Nah, only kidding . Probably when I fell down some stairs when I was a child. I haven't really been hurt that badly, so my worst pain I've ever felt isn't that bad. Plus I sort of a have a higher tolerance to pain than most for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    Testicular torsion with stress of oxford interview later that day/next day (got into surgery at 11pm).
    OH THE PAIN.

ReputationRep:
    i got a tattoo on the top of my leg at the side, kind of on my hips its just like a swirly pattern thing and oh my god when he did the swirls the pain vibrated in the bone all the way down my leg. aah never again.

ReputationRep:
    When I was sent around 20ft across the street after being hit by a car. Took almost two months before I was up and moving again.

ReputationRep:
    Broken arm on a ski slope*

*The nursery slope :ninja:

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.