8.21%
My Muslim brothers and sisters (74)
35.75%
I'm not a Muslim (116)
56.04%
Rexel
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
and OP, you put ''fellow Muslim brothers and sisters''.

You'd put your brothers and sisters before your countrymen wouldn't you? :cool:
Broderss
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by najeezy)
no, i wont engage your idiotic comments again, simply because most of them are hatecomments and i cba to argue with you all day.
Looks like you understand now and therefore I win
agolati
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LivingMemory)
There are faults in Islam, there are intolerant passages in the Quran which you haven't mentioned. However I have just been slandered elsewhere for criticizing the more draconian passages of the Quran as they are supposedly not relevant ... well, if the passages that the entire religion was founded upon aren't relevant, then what is?

There's a habit on this site of quoting as many tolerant Quran passages as you can find, but quote one intolerant one and that's supposedly 'idiotic', I fail to see how - if the good of the Quran is relevant then so is the bad, it's wrong to cherry pick. Why is the good of the Quran so much more relevant than the bad? The good is to be taken literally, but the bad is always meant to be interpreted to represent emotional suffering?

What about Sura 9:29 which advises fighting and converting non-Muslims? It uses 'qatala' in its imperative form indicating fighting, slaughtering, etc. It was meant to be taken literally and for many years has been (and still is in the east). If you project your own idea of just harmlessly converting then that is your own interpretation as that is in no way indicated.
watch this, it's VERY WORTH IT:

Is Islam really as barbaric as they say?

Is Jihad Justifiable?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSKg7DvlNic

Please don't condemn Islam if you are a Christian, because the O.T is unimaginably 'worse' as your method of reasoning may brand it.

In the end of the day, the rationale that is only logical is...whatever God says goes. Simple.

The moderator is a convert to Islam from Christianity and he's also a Muslim apologist himself.
LivingMemory
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
it was meant to be terribly stupid, but oh well.

Let me point out what you basically did.

you suggested that there is content in a holy book that over a billion people take to be "absolute truth" (forgive the repetition), but not only was it a suggestion, it was a suggestion for a passage that could potentially make people hate islam more because of it, dont you see that this is what this thread is pre-dominantly based on, im sorry you dont see it as to how offensive it really is.
Offensive because you take it that way, I said nothing that was intended to hurt you personally and I have no intention of doing that.

The teachings of the Quran are what the entire religion is based upon? So how can't they be relevant? I endlessly hear the tolerant passages showing how nice Muhammed (pbuh - out of respect to you) was, but the ones that show a different side to the religion are irrelevant?

I didn't make anything up, I'm not trying to make Islam out to be something its not, I quoted its actual teachings - it's not my fault what your holy book has written in it, if you disagree with some of its passages then you disagree with what I can only describe as the core values of Islam. I'm sorry but when reading the Quran do you flick through what you consider to be irrelevant? Do you consider Sura 9:29 to be relevant?

I just can't understand how I'm being offensive by quoting the book that your life is based around. Don't you like all if it? I thought there was a teaching that the Quran is considered to be flawless?
najeezy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Broderss)
Before you call me unintelligent or infer intellectual ineptitude on my part, please note your constant grammatical errors and inability to construct correct English sentences or create coherent statements.

Although I suspect English is not your first language.
why? was i writing you a poem? gtfo.
Broderss
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Rexel)
I love how you're always on here trying to diss Islam. Don't you have any exams to revise for? :cool:
Yes, but my revision technique is to do nothing until the day before when I stay up all night and cram.

Glad to see someone recognises my work
MJlover
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Muslims. Forget nationalism.

But what does 'put first' mean? Muslims should be kind and fair to all. We can't limit fairness/kindness.
Nex Angelus
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No I haven't. I really haven't. There's been no discussion or anything, nothing to prove my intelligence. An issue this small, as in who Muslims put 'first', holds no substance to debate other than "We hate you and you hate us because we hate you". Now that's hardly a basis for discussion, or at least any discussion requiring the minutest amount of intelligence.
what would you do if there all of a sudden was actual proof that alllllllaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh existed and that he was actually a raging homosexual but was too scared to come out the closet in fear than god and the budda would rip him for it, so he proceeded to create a hugely homophobic religion simply to hide behind???

would your head explode???
Rexel
Report 8 years ago
Looks like you understand now and therefore I win
Do you feel really chuffed now that you've won an internet battle? Does it make you feel all big and hard and proud of yourself?
Broderss
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
why? was i writing you a poem? gtfo.
Great. Remember this feeling next time we meet on these boards. Remember how much I am above you.

Never talk down at me again.
Rexel
Report 8 years ago
Yes, but my revision technique is to do nothing until the day before when I stay up all night and cram.

Glad to see someone recognises my work
Don't flatter yourself, I say the same to other trolls too. :cool:
najeezy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Offensive because you take it that way, I said nothing that was intended to hurt you personally and I have no intention of doing that.

The teachings of the Quran are what the entire religion is based upon? So how can't they be relevant? I endlessly hear the tolerant passages showing how nice Muhammed (pbuh - out of respect to you) was, but the ones that show a different side to the religion are irrelevant?

I didn't make anything up, I'm not trying to make Islam out to be something its not, I quoted its actual teachings - it's not my fault what your holy book has written in it, if you disagree with some of its passages then you disagree with what I can only describe as the core values of Islam. I'm sorry but when reading the Quran do you flick through what you consider to be irrelevant? Do you consider Sura 9:29 to be relevant?

I just can't understand how I'm being offensive by quoting the book that your life is based around. Don't you like all if it? I thought there was a teaching that the Quran is considered to be flawless?
who says any part of the quran is irrelevant?!?!?

you didnt quote, you suggested something that isnt there !
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
There are faults in Islam, there are intolerant passages in the Quran which you haven't mentioned. However I have just been slandered elsewhere for criticizing the more draconian passages of the Quran as they are supposedly not relevant ... well, if the passages that the entire religion was founded upon aren't relevant, then what is?

There's a habit on this site of quoting as many tolerant Quran passages as you can find, but quote one intolerant one and that's supposedly 'idiotic', I fail to see how - if the good of the Quran is relevant then so is the bad, it's wrong to cherry pick. Why is the good of the Quran so much more relevant than the bad? The good is to be taken literally, but the bad is always meant to be interpreted to represent emotional suffering?

What about Sura 9:29 which advises fighting and converting non-Muslims? It uses 'qatala' in its imperative form indicating fighting, slaughtering, etc. It was meant to be taken literally and for many years has been (and still is in the east). If you project your own idea of just harmlessly converting then that is your own interpretation as that is in no way indicated.
Islam is one religion, no follower represents it, the same way no islamic country represents islam. In Iraq and Iran women are cruelly oppressed, that is not allowed. Pakistan has a corrupt government, yet its still a muslim country. The arabs live in wealth and splendour, which is against islam. Turkey is hypocritical. I'm 16 in my last year at school, I recently had a non-muslim friend approach me, who told me her mother was given a transaltion of the quran by a muslim friend and has found it sexist. I told her it was a transalation, and they contain huge errors, they also depend on the person who is interpreting it. I didn't say anything else as it was her opinion and she was entitled to it. I do not walk around advertising islam and trying to force people to convert, if you choose it, you should do it willingly. Muslims are similar to Jehovah's witnessess in that sense, we believe islam is beautiful and therefore want to spread it but not by the sword. By knowledge the the prophet p.b.u.h said ''that the ink of a scholar is worth more than the blood of a martyr''. You are quoting a transalation, I choose to quote a transalation because, I'm assuming your not arabic and therefore would not understand it if I quoted it in its original form. The quran was sent down during a time when islam was a new religion and its followers were being persecuted. It does not mean that you should just find any non-believer and kill them. In islam jihad is an internal fight within yourself, to fight temptation and to try and overcome negativity. A muslim is only allowed to kill in self-defense. If a non-muslim was to live in a muslim country it is the duty of a muslim to make sure he lives in peace. Islam asks you to respect everyone because essentialy were all people of of one god. you need to realise that no muslim represents islam, the way they follow it maybe different to another. The same way BNP doesn't represent the majority of british people. Or the KKK doesn't represent views of white people.
Broderss
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Rexel)
Don't flatter yourself, I say the same to other trolls too. :cool:
None which are better than me. Remember that.
User414413
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Diaz89)
Who else did I quote :rolleyes:

You first post with the paragraph was alluding that Muslims are isolationist when this clearly wasn't the case, when I corrected you about this out of humiliation you went on to say it's "THEIR" opinion.....

For the first time, a TSR user has owned himself with their own material. That's the problem with you're snide and bad intended ways. Subhanallah.
I still think you are having reading problems. I have stated on my first post that Muslims identify themselves more with their religion than their country. So did Harvard. I have stated on my first post that Muslims prefer to live in an area that is made up of the same religious and ethnic background. So did Harvard. They had gone further to analyse the other polls in that picture, that was irrelevant, so I didn’t analyse it. You then stated that you are happy that I haven’t been biased because you didn’t trust my intentions. You then further went onto provided the analysis that Harvard had done, I presume for people who believed this decreased their loyalty towards their country or increased them sympathizing with extremist. I then stated that I agreed with the Harvard analysis, but I also said there is no right analysis as for it depends on your outlook the way you will judge the poll, like the half full/half empty theory. So, I repeat in what way have I been refuted? If this was a mistake, which I presume, then it’s ok, just take better care in reading.

PS, this isn’t the first time (even though it isn’t a time) that someone has been refuted by their own source. A creationist provided a source that stated the reasons why evolution is false, needless to say if he had scrolled down he would of seen that every single one of those points where refuted.
nihility
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Sakujo)
What?:eyeball:
sarcasm.
Rexel
Report 8 years ago
None which are better than me. Remember that.
Well that is subjective. I have seen better trolls. :yep:
Neelam1982
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ibysaiyan)
quick translation in english!
Yo brodress fella how many languages do you speak, understand? that would tell us much about your bracos/wernickes region ^^
no doubt لا شك

Ive translated it for the moderators - see my original post, I have edited it to include and English translation.
najeezy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Great. Remember this feeling next time we meet on these boards. Remember how much I am above you.

Never talk down at me again.
yes, have a great career and life @ aston uni, doing what you do best "bs-ing", your like one of those debate whores that bolts right after an arguement and makes beleive that they won when everyone else is laughing at them, i will talk down at you whenever i see you in any forum, even if takes tracking down every account you have ever made on a forum and talking down at you at every chance i get. "Excessive?", maybe.. but your head is much smaller than you think it is so...
Connor132
Report 8 years ago
If I said I put my fellow whites above muslims it would be racism. Oh yh I forgot muslims are the minority so its fine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1618)
79.12%
Leave (427)
20.88%

Watched Threads