Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm not attracted to British girls anymore Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ..and I am British

My attraction has gotten for absolute preference to virtually non-existent.

I've noticed a couple of things that white brit girls seem to have:

-sluttish behaviour - to attract guys which makes me sick.
    -the need to slap on make up ALL the time.
    -manipulative behaviour
    -coldness / unfriendly
    -manly
    -crude
    -loud, don't mind much but everyone hates a loud mouth
    -heavy drinks, falling about in the streets
    -lack of morals
    -and their general appearance has just become very boring.

anyone else notice this?
    OMG every single thing u just said is actually bloody true!!! they all look the same to me too, which is very boring indeed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2004/no...rugsandalcohol

So teen pregnancy isn't morally-bereft? Bringing a kid up in an impoverished life style is acceptable by your morals?:confused:
    And being bored certainly won't be anything to do with their appearance becoming boring...Oh no, and depression isn't linked to a lack of care in appearance...
    Oh right facts are now sexist! You have got be kidding? :rolleyes:
    Household chores? You're getting that crap from? Maybe women should hit the ****ing gym instead of being fat drunken ****s and find some self worth or is that harder than just blaming men? You're view is pathetic and just sexist rhetoric.
    I got the household chores comment from the article you linked.

You appear to be quoting a survey from 2004 which says that 15 and 16 year old girls had finally overtaken 15 and 16 year old boys in terms of binge drinking as proof of a generalisation about British women. All that shows is that the boys are hardly far behind and apparently held on to the title previously. British men binge drink a lot more than British women so you've slightly shot yourself in the foot there ( http://www.ias.org.uk/resources/fact...e_drinking.pdf ).

Also, British men may well be fatter than British ladies. In the UK "between 6 and 7 out of 10 men have a BMI >25 and so are overweight or obese" whereas "between 5 and 6 out of 10 women have a BMI >25 and so are oveweight or obese". http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Obes...Overweight.htm

Teen pregnancy may well be as a result of certain morals. Some girls may not believe in abortion. Also, someone must have been getting these teenage girls pregnant and therefore ought to share equal "blame".

Look, I can point to articles that state that one in ten British men have at some point paid for sex ( http://www.newstatesman.com/200601230006 ) and
    "at least 47,000 adult women are raped every year in the UK" according to the British Crime Survey 2001 ( http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/bcs1.html ), but I'm not using this information to make horrific generalisations about British men.

Please, troll somewhere else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PygmyShrew)
    I got the household chores comment from the article you linked.

You appear to be quoting a survey from 2004 which says that 15 and 16 year old girls had finally overtaken 15 and 16 year old boys in terms of binge drinking as proof of a generalisation about British women. All that shows is that the boys are hardly far behind and apparently held on to the title previously. British men binge drink a lot more than British women so you've slightly shot yourself in the foot there ( http://www.ias.org.uk/resources/fact...e_drinking.pdf ).

Also, British men may well be fatter than British ladies. In the UK "between 6 and 7 out of 10 men have a BMI >25 and so are overweight or obese" whereas "between 5 and 6 out of 10 women have a BMI >25 and so are oveweight or obese". http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Obes...Overweight.htm

Teen pregnancy may well be as a result of certain morals. Some girls may not believe in abortion. Also, someone must have been getting these teenage girls pregnant and therefore ought to share equal "blame".

Look, I can point to articles that state that one in ten British men have at some point paid for sex ( http://www.newstatesman.com/200601230006 ) and
    "at least 47,000 adult women are raped every year in the UK" according to the British Crime Survey 2001 ( http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/bcs1.html ), but I'm not using this information to make horrific generalisations about British men.

Please, troll somewhere else.
    Interesting article.
    Apparently more men binge drink, yet women are heavier drinkers:
    England - Heavy drinkers, male = 26% female = 33%
    As for household chores, this may come as a shock, but there are certain things called hobbies, and if a woman doesn't want to do chores, then guess what, she shouldn't do them because the universe isn't going to stop if she decides not to do chores.
    Have you ever been to a gym? Because as much as that article states slightly more men are obese, it looks like far more men exercise:
    "In 2008, 39% of men and 29% of women aged 16 and over met the government’s recommendations for physical activity"
    And:
    "Forty six per cent of men and 36% of women who were neither overweight nor obese met the recommendations, followed by 41% of men and 31% of women who were overweight and only 32% of men and 19% of women who were obese"
    Plus:
    "Seven out of 10 men and 8 out of 10 women fell below their age appropriate
    activity level"
    Not to mention:
    "Men had higher cardiovascular fitness levels than women, with an average
    level of VO2max of 36.3 ml O2/min/kg for men and 32.0 ml O2/min/kg for women"

http://www.ic.nhs.uk/webfiles/public...gland_2010.pdf

This is also supported by:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-11811304

Oh right, so because they don't believe in abortion it's a good idea to become a young mother...If not what the **** was your point? :confused: Sharing the blame equally would be the nice thing, but let's be honest for a moment, that's not how the world, or pregnancy, works.

I love the sexist undertone you have of "Well MEN ARE WORSE!". Again, two wrongs don't make a right.... But you'd rather blame men then set an example :top:

Troll somewhere else? You are the one who is going "OMGOSH WOMEN RN'T BAD, MEN R!!" As I said, that stinks of feminist sexist rhetoric and two wrongs don't make a right.
    Fact is a large proportion of women are boring, depressed, overweight, heavily drink etc. None of those are pleasant qualities, and if you can't accept that, that's your problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Interesting article.
    Apparently more men binge drink, yet women are heavier drinkers:
    England - Heavy drinkers, male = 26% female = 33%
    As for household chores, this may come as a shock, but there are certain things called hobbies, and if a woman doesn't want to do chores, then guess what, she shouldn't do them because the universe isn't going to stop if she decides not to do chores.
    Have you ever been to a gym? Because as much as that article states slightly more men are obese, it looks like far more men exercise:
    "In 2008, 39% of men and 29% of women aged 16 and over met the government’s recommendations for physical activity"
    And:
    "Forty six per cent of men and 36% of women who were neither overweight nor obese met the recommendations, followed by 41% of men and 31% of women who were overweight and only 32% of men and 19% of women who were obese"
    Plus:
    "Seven out of 10 men and 8 out of 10 women fell below their age appropriate
    activity level"
    Not to mention:
    "Men had higher cardiovascular fitness levels than women, with an average
    level of VO2max of 36.3 ml O2/min/kg for men and 32.0 ml O2/min/kg for women"

http://www.ic.nhs.uk/webfiles/public...gland_2010.pdf

This is also supported by:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-11811304

Oh right, so because they don't believe in abortion it's a good idea to become a young mother...If not what the **** was your point? :confused: Sharing the blame equally would be the nice thing, but let's be honest for a moment, that's not how the world, or pregnancy, works.

I love the sexist undertone you have of "Well MEN ARE WORSE!". Again, two wrongs don't make a right.... But you'd rather blame men then set an example :top:

Troll somewhere else? You are the one who is going "OMGOSH WOMEN RN'T BAD, MEN R!!" As I said, that stinks of feminist sexist rhetoric and two wrongs don't make a right.
    Fact is a large proportion of women are boring, depressed, overweight, heavily drink etc. None of those are pleasant qualities, and if you can't accept that, that's your problem.
    My point is that British women should not be targetted by British men, as they have been in this thread, when they are not free from fault themselves. I also don't agree that a 'large proportion' of British women act in this way, and think that the numbers of those who do are at least matched by men who also act that way.

Sharing the 'blame' for teenage pregnancy is exactly how it should work. It's how biology works. A girl can't get pregnant on her own.

Quite frankly, you can complain about British women all you like, but if you can't explain why British men deserve better, you don't have a leg to stand on to begin with. I'm off now. Good night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PygmyShrew)
    My point is that British women should not be targetted by British men, as they have been in this thread, when they are not free from fault themselves. I also don't agree that a 'large proportion' of British women act in this way, and think that the numbers of those who do are at least matched by men who also act that way.

Sharing the 'blame' for teenage pregnancy is exactly how it should work. It's how biology works. A girl can't get pregnant on her own.

Quite frankly, you can complain about British women all you like, but if you can't explain why British men deserve better, you don't have a leg to stand on to begin with. I'm off now. Good night.
    More British guys are in better shape, and 2/3rds aren't depressed or bored with life. Q.E.D. :top:

ReputationRep:
    Probably because british girls don't like you either?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alt__x)
    You actually just described 95% of british girls, myself included. Well done
    Let's do a quicky somewhere, someday.:pierre: Sluttish girl. I still want you.

ReputationRep:
    ..and I am British

-manipulative behaviour
    -coldness / unfriendly
    -manly
    -crude
    -lack of morals

anyone else notice this?
    - i don't behave like a slut, if a guy approaches me on a night out or whatever, thats fine, but i don't go out to pull so to speak.
    - i wear make up but not excessively, i keep it quite natural then just lined eyes and maybe false eyelashes on a night out
    - definitely not manipulative :nah:
    - i'm a friendly person, just shy
    - definitely don't behave like a ladette, i have manners :yes:
    - again, quite quiet, theres this one girl in my lectures who never shuts up, she is soo annoying :nothing:
    - ok, i drink quite a bit when i go out
    - i like to stand out with my hair and clothes, i don't like looking plain but i'm a fashion student, so that should be expected

not everyone behaves like the ladettes you see on the tv

ReputationRep:
    ..and I am British

-manipulative behaviour
    -coldness / unfriendly
    -manly
    -crude
    -lack of morals

anyone else notice this?
    If you're seeing heavy drinking and falling over in the streets, your likely to be out at stupid time of night and drinking etc yourself.

There's lots of girls that dont drink etc. And don't do any of that. So you wont see them out then.

It just sounds like you're describing drunk girls on a night out.

ReputationRep:
    Yep all my foreign friends constantly complain about the lack of good looking people here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH-Biker)
    You get +rep for three days in a row now. I haven't laughed so hard today (been a slow day), so you sir are in for a +rep explosion. :p:
    Hahah thank you kind sir!

I feel warm inside and happy, now that I've finally creeped out of the red neg zone again.

ReputationRep:
    I find myself getting hit pretty hard by the foreign allure, hung out with 3 Swedish girls the other night and was thinking, why the **** don't I run into British girls like them. Not even attraction wise, just completely without prejudice or something, it was just surreal how much interest and genuine personality they had.
    I haven't met the right girls in Britain though.

ReputationRep:
    On the other hand most British girls are dirtier than Hitlers kill/death ratio. Swings and roundabouts.

ReputationRep:
    ..and I am British

-manipulative behaviour
    -coldness / unfriendly
    -manly
    -crude
    -lack of morals

anyone else notice this?
    slutty, lack of morals, these are bad things? not as slutty as american girls allegedly.

Well the girls are so slutty because the british boys are too reserved that they have to attract them with whatever they can.

but there are some nice shy sweet girls out there. maybe not in the kind of places you go to? Here's a tip if you go to a club night called "sexy trashy trash night" you might find girls like that but if you go to a club night called "happy fun disco dance" you might find more nicer girls.

ReputationRep:
    ..and I am British

-manipulative behaviour
    -coldness / unfriendly
    -manly
    -crude
    -lack of morals

anyone else notice this?
    i must say not all us brit girls are like this..... your thinking of the orange, *****y, drunken, two faced whores!
    im going to restore for faith in british lasses..... we're not all like this just the minority but because that are loud, crude, orange etc they will get all the attention, bearing in mind it is bad attention, but attention non the less.

and so the girls who arn't like this will get over looked and ignored alot of the time.
    BELIEVE IN THE NICER BRITISH GIRLS! im still trying to keep my faith in the lads! and hope they improve!! lol x

ReputationRep:
    Everyone's favourite newspaper has an article related to this today:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rol-women.html

ReputationRep:
    That is a stereotypical view of British girls.

Those girls do not represent every girl in Wales, N.Ireland, Scotland and England.

I see those types of British white females in some parts of Essex and London - and other inner city areas.

The MAJORITY of white females in Britain are NOT like that.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, this IS how foreign men view British Females. That is why they think they can just have sex with a british female and treat them like sh** because they have "no morals".

That's why older foreign men come across as perverts in this country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (You))
    Aren't you from England where in comparison to Scotland, your mountains are hills? :lol:
    I've lived in Scotland for almost 11 years, although I was born in England and call myself English (with my accent people would get confused if I didn't). :lol: Of course England's hills are way smaller than Scotland's, but compared to Europe and everywhere else in the world, the hills in the UK in general are pretty pathetic. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bakerzoid)
    Of course . I wouldn't be offended by these threads anyway, certainly if you don't behave in the ways described.
    Yeah, i suppose thats true. Sweeping generalisations get to me a tiny bit, however i suppose some men/boys do have to vent if they're frustrated.. however it would be interesting to have this gender reversed. The same generalisations could be said about some men (although in constrast British men on the whole seem to be fine)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 4, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.