The Student Room Group

I'm not attracted to British girls anymore

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
..and I am British :frown:

My attraction has gotten for absolute preference to virtually non-existent.

I've noticed a couple of things that white brit girls seem to have:

-sluttish behaviour - to attract guys which makes me sick.
-the need to slap on make up ALL the time.
-manipulative behaviour
-coldness / unfriendly
-manly
-crude
-loud, don't mind much but everyone hates a loud mouth
-heavy drinks, falling about in the streets
-lack of morals
-and their general appearance has just become very boring.

anyone else notice this?

- i don't behave like a slut, if a guy approaches me on a night out or whatever, thats fine, but i don't go out to pull so to speak.
- i wear make up but not excessively, i keep it quite natural then just lined eyes and maybe false eyelashes on a night out
- definitely not manipulative :nah:
- i'm a friendly person, just shy :colondollar:
- definitely don't behave like a ladette, i have manners :yes:
- again, quite quiet, theres this one girl in my lectures who never shuts up, she is soo annoying :nothing:
- ok, i drink quite a bit when i go out :colondollar:
- i like to stand out with my hair and clothes, i don't like looking plain :biggrin: but i'm a fashion student, so that should be expected

not everyone behaves like the ladettes you see on the tv :colondollar:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 161

-manipulative behaviour
-coldness / unfriendly
-manly
-crude
-lack of morals

anyone else notice this?

If you're seeing heavy drinking and falling over in the streets, your likely to be out at stupid time of night and drinking etc yourself.

There's lots of girls that dont drink etc. And don't do any of that. So you wont see them out then.

It just sounds like you're describing drunk girls on a night out.
Yep all my foreign friends constantly complain about the lack of good looking people here.
Reply 163
Original post by DH-Biker
You get +rep for three days in a row now. I haven't laughed so hard today (been a slow day), so you sir are in for a +rep explosion. :p:

Hahah thank you kind sir!

I feel warm inside and happy, now that I've finally creeped out of the red neg zone again. :tongue:
I find myself getting hit pretty hard by the foreign allure, hung out with 3 Swedish girls the other night and was thinking, why the **** don't I run into British girls like them. Not even attraction wise, just completely without prejudice or something, it was just surreal how much interest and genuine personality they had.
I haven't met the right girls in Britain though.
Reply 165
On the other hand most British girls are dirtier than Hitlers kill/death ratio. Swings and roundabouts.
Reply 166

-manipulative behaviour
-coldness / unfriendly
-manly
-crude
-lack of morals

anyone else notice this?

slutty, lack of morals, these are bad things? :biggrin: not as slutty as american girls allegedly.

Well the girls are so slutty because the british boys are too reserved that they have to attract them with whatever they can.

but there are some nice shy sweet girls out there. maybe not in the kind of places you go to? Here's a tip if you go to a club night called "sexy trashy trash night" you might find girls like that but if you go to a club night called "happy fun disco dance" you might find more nicer girls. :redface:

-manipulative behaviour
-coldness / unfriendly
-manly
-crude
-lack of morals

anyone else notice this?

i must say not all us brit girls are like this..... your thinking of the orange, bitchy, drunken, two faced whores!
im going to restore for faith in british lasses..... we're not all like this just the minority but because that are loud, crude, orange etc they will get all the attention, bearing in mind it is bad attention, but attention non the less.

and so the girls who arn't like this will get over looked and ignored alot of the time.
BELIEVE IN THE NICER BRITISH GIRLS! im still trying to keep my faith in the lads! and hope they improve!! lol x
That is a stereotypical view of British girls.

Those girls do not represent every girl in Wales, N.Ireland, Scotland and England.

I see those types of British white females in some parts of Essex and London - and other inner city areas.

The MAJORITY of white females in Britain are NOT like that.
Unfortunately, this IS how foreign men view British Females. That is why they think they can just have sex with a british female and treat them like sh** because they have "no morals".

That's why older foreign men come across as perverts in this country.
Original post by (You)
Aren't you from England where in comparison to Scotland, your mountains are hills? :lol:

I've lived in Scotland for almost 11 years, although I was born in England and call myself English (with my accent people would get confused if I didn't). :lol: Of course England's hills are way smaller than Scotland's, but compared to Europe and everywhere else in the world, the hills in the UK in general are pretty pathetic. :lol:
Original post by Bakerzoid
Of course :h: . I wouldn't be offended by these threads anyway, certainly if you don't behave in the ways described.

Yeah, i suppose thats true. Sweeping generalisations get to me a tiny bit, however i suppose some men/boys do have to vent if they're frustrated.. however it would be interesting to have this gender reversed. The same generalisations could be said about some men (although in constrast British men on the whole seem to be fine)
Reply 173
I know I should perhaps be laughing at the complete stupidity of this thread, however it's just angered me so much that I am not at all. It just makes me realise why I have cynicism about having relationships with men these days (though, not all of you. Unlike the OP, I don't generalise.)

The OP and the men who have agreed with the OP are perhaps some of the most hypocritical and sexist pigs I have ever heard.

Now I am going to go through a few of the things that the OP has gone through (such a charmer):

And how, exactly, do you define 'sluttish behaviour'? What about male sluttish behaviour such as grinding on you in a club when you've clearly told them to f**k off, touching your bum and leering at you like a creepy old man? Cos I've had that plenty of times, and it's disgusting. Having said that, there are also many guys, if you get off the club scene, who aren't like that.

Have you had the chance to think about women lacking confidence who do that? Cut them some slack. Plus, would you go out with a girl who wore no make-up when going out? From the sound of you, I doubt it.

-manipulative behaviour
That isn't even an argument. I'm not manipulative. None of my female mates are manipulative. The one person that I can think of that was was my ex, and he was a whore too, so I guess that really disproves that pointless argument.

-coldness / unfriendly
This doesn't surprise me, considering your attitude. I certainly wouldn't be friendly to you.

-manly
Again, is this an argument? You really like to generalise, don't you? What does that even mean??

-crude
I really wonder where you live for you to have such nasty generalisations of women. I'm starting to believe that you think all women should be housewives from the 1950s with RP accents. I live in London and yeah, the women can be crude at times, but the men are too!

Once again, this is such a generalisation. I know men that are loud too, but does that mean that I'm going to think that all men are loud?:rolleyes:

Again, same with men.

-lack of morals
See above. I'm getting bored with this.

Wow, that was so specific, it completely opened my eyes... to how much of an idiot you're being.

Personally, do I prefer foreign guys to British guys? No. I don't care either way. What I do like, however, is a guy that's not a sexist, self-absorbed moron with half a brain

Ahh yes the only newspaper that covers more from America than American newspapers themselves.
Reply 175
There's a general stereotype/ trend towards this, but we aren't all like it.
I personally cba with make up except for some eyeshadow at costume parties lol
To all the girls trying to defend themselves saying "i'm not like that, ok, yes, i go clubbing sometimes but i don't sleep around...etc"

Seems that the chavettes ruin it for everybody else, really is a shame. Being British AND from Essex i must say the whole defending and justifying every little thing is very very tiresome.

Whenever i go away for the weekend, be it to other parts of the UK or to France i am so sick of talking to people, or finding a really lovely man, have a great chat then the inevitable "so where are you from". This happened to me over the weekend when i went to this sports event. I mostly get the disappointed "oh, ummm, ok then, that's kwl" along with an unconvincing nod of approval. So the lovely Oxford man soon left our group and found some other Oxford woman to go for instead, nice. Either that or i get the rowdy drunk men shouting "WAHAYYY!!!" as if to assume they are going to get laid soon.

I won't try and convince people "not all essex girlz r lyk tat ya knaw" as i'd hope the genuine guys would give the woman a chance and get to know her. Its a shame because the stereotypical types are the loudest so the others go unnoticed.

For now i have my uni work, awesome friends and sports to occupy my time then silly little men that are far too judgemental.

Oh and enough with the derogatory language. It's always men, guys, gentlemen. That's fine, but please enough with the "girls" or "drunk girls", etc

I would suggest starting a thread about how i'm sick of British men being judgemental, sexist and who hold the most ridiculous moralities and double standards but then i remembered i have a life to live...
Original post by i like tea
Seems that the chavettes ruin it for everybody else, really is a shame. Being British AND from Essex i must say the whole defending and justifying every little thing is very very tiresome.

No, students are worse. :rolleyes:
Reply 178
stop undergeneralising!!!!
it's not british girls

it's every girl.
really mate, generalisations never led to any good... just take a moment of zen, get off this forum and try to find a nice girl.there are at least 5 in this country.
I'm sure British girls everywhere are lamenting your decision...

Quick Reply

Latest