Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Complete this statement....'I can't get a girlfriend/boyfriend because...' Watch

ReputationRep:
    because I make stupid decisions in the heat of the moment that ruin my chances with men I'm getting with
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    because most men refuse to be in a relationship without sex.

ReputationRep:
    i have moved on. I now only want man friends.

I'm ugly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colour Me Pretty)
    because I'm Neurotic/Mistrustful/Shy/Socially Inept/Unattractive.... I could go on.
    Oh dear. This sounds worryingly similar to me. :console:

Edit - except you're not unattractive at all. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    because I'm too needy and full on and I think it freaks people out really early on! Eeek - I just like being friendly and trying to make it work y'know

ReputationRep:
    because my length of requirements in a girl stretch from John o'groats to Lands End

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mm_Minty)
    Because the feelings are never mutual... :nope
    That just about sums it up.

Coupled with the fact I am rubbish at reading the signs until it is too late. I was so slow at realising a guy liked me recently that he thought I wasn't interested and has since started going out with someone else lol. Oh well.

Oh, and my complete lack of spare time atm. I work so much, then have university stuff to do and so forth, that I genuinely think I would be a rubbish girlfriend cause I wouldn't have time to see the person!

ReputationRep:
    Because I'm too ****ing awesome

ReputationRep:
    because they just dont understand my sexual tastes in farm animals.

ReputationRep:
    'I can't get a girlfriend/boyfriend because I'm overweight and the guys who like me are generally quite creepy. Oh, and I have an overpowering personality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    Oh dear. This sounds worryingly similar to me. :console:

Edit - except you're not unattractive at all. :rolleyes:

Hah. Well that's been one of the reasons before
    ''I'm just not attracted to you''.

However I think Michael Buble's song should be our anthem;
    ''I just haven't met you yet!'' :o:

ReputationRep:
    ...because I have a very serious lack of confidence. Also because even if I might get a girlfriend, I don't know how to make the move: knowing after it, all would be alright, but don't know how to do it.

Plus, in any case I'd get it with the girl I truly love. I have fallen in love too soon.

ReputationRep:
    I can't get a girlfriend because I'm an engineering student.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    because most men refuse to be in a relationship without sex.
    Maybe that's because most men aren't immature? Seriously, no sex in a relationship is utterly stupid & any relationship counselor would say the same.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Maybe that's because most men aren't immature? Seriously, no sex in a relationship is utterly stupid & any relationship counselor would say the same.
    Actually one of the strongest couples I know shared their first kiss at the altar. It's not all about the physical stuff you know.

Also since when was it immature to stick to religious beliefs and have self control?

ReputationRep:
    I can't get a boyfriend because I don't want one.

and I can't get a boyfriend because I'm too awkwardly lanky and ugly.

ReputationRep:
    ...I'm too independent and I'm just too busy for all that!

ReputationRep:
    I can't get a boyfriend because I have a parasitic twin with tourettes attached to my right knee....

(I can't get a boyfriend because I say things like that :emo:)

ReputationRep:
    -I'm eccentric and not exactly girlfriend material
    -I need to focus on studying rather than irrelevant short term relationships.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.