Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evieyang)
    several liberal arts colleges, two are women-only colleges...~~~
    i see (: good luck with your apps!

(Original post by qua)
    Rejected.
    (And for the record: I had a 1,0 abitur with 15, 15, 14, 15 in my abitur subjects, and the other grades all being 15 or 14. Doesn't seem to mean much. )
    :console: i'm sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qua)
    Rejected.
    (And for the record: I had a 1,0 abitur with 15, 15, 14, 15 in my abitur subjects, and the other grades all being 15 or 14. Doesn't seem to mean much. )
    I'm sorry to hear that. I think it is incomprehensible why people with A-Levels get auto-pooled whilst you, with outstanding grades, get a straight rejection. These grades are clearly harder to achieve than A* or A in A-levels. Anyway, obviously grades aren't everything. Do you already have any other offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qua)
    Rejected.
    Sorry to hear this. What subject was it?

ReputationRep:
    i`m joining you guys applied to English at St Catz and just got rejected via email. well anyway, it was kind of expected and I have an unconditional offer from York while still waiting to hear from Durham, Warwick and Bristol.so everything`s not lost I guess...
    best of luck to you all, don`t get too disappointed and just keep chasing that dream the world is not all about Cambridge, keep that in mind!

ReputationRep:
    I wish I wasn't posting in this thread but .... Well yeah...... Rejected from Downing..

Also did everyone get this whole "We really considered you for pooling" business?! I reckon its just something they say to make you less depressed lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A2V712)
    I wish I wasn't posting in this thread but .... Well yeah...... Rejected from Downing..

Also did everyone get this whole "We really considered you for pooling" business?! I reckon its just something they say to make you less depressed lol
    I atually wish I could post here (dont neg rep me untill you have read the rest), I still havent got a letter/email. I seem to be the only person on TSR in this situation. The nagging thought that the reason is probably an outright rejection tinged with the buring yet unlikely hope I have an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuantumOverlord)
    I atually wish I could post here (dont neg rep me untill you have read the rest), I still havent got a letter/email. I seem to be the only person on TSR in this situation. The nagging thought that the reason is probably an outright rejection tinged with the buring yet unlikely hope I have an offer

I also haven't got the letter. I know that my friends' ucas tracks have changed and it is getting on my nerves sooo much, because mine hasn't. I suppose it means I was either rejected or pooled

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awman)
    I also haven't got the letter. I know that my friends' ucas tracks have changed and it is getting on my nerves sooo much, because mine hasn't. I suppose it means I was either rejected or pooled
    Which college did you apply to?

I have no idea what it means to be honest, there are alot of people (who heard on the 6th or today) that were offered, pooled or rejected. I imagine rejection is looking more likely now But I dont know what to think. :eek:

Did your friend find out from track first!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Which college did you apply to?

I have no idea what it means to be honest, there are alot of people (who heard on the 6th or today) that were offered, pooled or rejected. I imagine rejection is looking more likely now But I dont know what to think. :eek:

Did your friend find out from track first!!!!!!!

I am an international applicant and I applied to Girton, which doesn't send emails. So my letter is coming to me, but I am nervous about ucas track.

Yes, my friends found out from track, they got offers ..

ReputationRep:
    anyone else rejected by jesus for mml?

ReputationRep:
    what college have you applied to? i have applied to emma and haven't heard anything yet either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duncan1993)
    what college have you applied to? i have applied to emma and haven't heard anything yet either
    I heard about the emma problem
    For me its sidney

ReputationRep:
    Rejected, Pembroke, Economics. Anyone thinking of applying next year?

ReputationRep:
    rejected, jesus, economics
    woo!

ReputationRep:
    Rejected from Girton, law. Received an e-mail from UCAS around 4 pm. The worst thing I did - open application . Well maybe that's why I don't feel even sad

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know when we get feedback? i'd really like to know because the DOS said i wrote stuff in my personal statement that i never wrote. if i get i sense from the feedback that i got rejected becuase i couldn't answer questions on my own PS then i'm going to complain!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who has been rejected. Decline Cambridge on UCAS before they can say unsuccessful. Feels good man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 24craigour)
    Rejected, Pembroke, Economics. Anyone thinking of applying next year?
    Oh, god. I thought about it. I don't think so, especially if I end up somewhere brilliant, like Wellesley or Yale. I also have a full-ride to UAlabama, and I'm not keen on giving that up if I end up accepting that offer. I'm doing my damnedest for grad school, though. Which SUCKS because Cambridge undergrad =/= Cambridge grad, and the former is the experience I want, but. Why bother now?

(Original post by evieyang)
    several liberal arts colleges, two are women-only colleges...~~~
    I know how you feel. I nearly killed myself studying for five APs. Didn't get top marks (444, the other two can go unsaid) and the SAT scores I had to report weren't stellar. The irony is, now that I have a Cambridge rejection in hand, I'm getting top marks on my College Board exams (scored a perfect 800 on the Critical Reading, up from 700 the first time). Which is so not cool, you know? It irks me.

And which women's colleges are you applying to? I applied to several (and Newnham!), as you can see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena Gray)
    Oh, god. I thought about it. I don't think so, especially if I end up somewhere brilliant, like Wellesley or Yale. I also have a full-ride to UAlabama, and I'm not keen on giving that up if I end up accepting that offer. I'm doing my damnedest for grad school, though. Which SUCKS because Cambridge undergrad =/= Cambridge grad, and the former is the experience I want, but. Why bother now?

I know how you feel. I nearly killed myself studying for five APs. Didn't get top marks (444, the other two can go unsaid) and the SAT scores I had to report weren't stellar. The irony is, now that I have a Cambridge rejection in hand, I'm getting top marks on my College Board exams (scored a perfect 800 on the Critical Reading, up from 700 the first time). Which is so not cool, you know? It irks me.

And which women's colleges are you applying to? I applied to several (and Newnham!), as you can see.
    wow,800 on CR, sounds so unbelievable! my sat can never be improved...
    i believe you can get in to some great US unis^^ it's such a pity Cam rejected you..

i applied to Bryn Mawr College in ED II and Mount Holyoke College in RD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gozatron)
    Anyone who has been rejected. Decline Cambridge on UCAS before they can say unsuccessful. Feels good man.
    omg. can i actually do this?
    cos i found out through email, i'm still waiting for the letter to arrive - which will be like double rejection, and i don't want to be rejected for the third time through ucas.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.