Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is one act of kindness that you recieved from a stranger? Watch

ReputationRep:
    ITT: Girls being treated like princesses by strange men on the off-chance they might get laid.

Life must be so easy as a pretty girl.

The only act of kindness I think I've experienced was when I was about eight. I was dicking around on my bike, came off and slid across gravel/tarmac for god knows how many feet. Pretty much every square inch on my body was shredded and bleeding.

Some random woman found me staggering home covered in blood and gave me a lift.

ReputationRep:
    I don't call this an act of "kindness" but ti was weird lol

I was stood outside near some shops with my cousin (minding my own business) and some guy comes up to me kissed me on the cheek and walked off... LOL

I was in shock, that I stood there thinking wth?

(got told off later, telling me I should've smacked him)

This girl once gave me 30p for the toilets in Paddington Station. :fan: Best poo ever. :poo:

ReputationRep:
      I was on the train with my brother, we were arriving at the station after a 2 hour ride, and we realised we didn't have any money for the bus. I started saying, ''How are we gonna get home? no money.'' And a kind Indian man tapped me on the back, gave me a pound and said ''I've been there before.'', I said thanks a lot.

ReputationRep:
      needed a bus ride which was about 1-2 miles, but oyster stopped working and had no cash...a nice man, who was probably retired, was talking to me at the bus stop...and he offered to pay for the bus ride which cost £2 at the time because of no oyster...

but i thanked him but declined his offer and decided to walk it instead...nice man...

ReputationRep:
      Got told by a mum's friend (I'd never met her properly before though so she was practically a "stranger") I was going to break hearts with my eyes lol. No hearts have been broken yet but I've never forgotten what she said and how it raised my self esteem at the time.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by SatanIsAwesome)
      Kind of you, not as kind as this guy though, since £5 > $5 :p:
      I dunno, I think it'd be pretty cruel to give a hungry guy a bunch of money he couldn't actually exchange for foods, whatever the value :P

Funny to watch though the dawning look of realisation though.

ReputationRep:
      ah this thread actuallly gives me faith in the human race!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by crazybored)
      Why? 90% of this thread have been men trying to be white knights for girls for, lets say, obvious reasons.

ReputationRep:
      I cant think of any. Lovely.

ReputationRep:
      I remember leaving my laptop with bag and everything in it at a station once. It took 3 weeks, but finally a woman had handed it in to the police station and I got everything back, intact.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by impossible!)
      I cant think of any. Lovely.
      impossible!

ReputationRep:
      My brother passed out in the street due to a few too many beers and a restaurant owner sheltered him at 4:00am and gave him a hot meal till I got there to pick him up

ReputationRep:
      Thanks for this thread, really brightened up my day
      Human nature's not so bad after all.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
      Why? 90% of this thread have been men trying to be white knights for girls for, lets say, obvious reasons.
      90%? Are we reading the same thread?
      Most of them seem to be completely innocent. Quit ruining it with this 'ulterior motive' nonsense please

ReputationRep:
      when I was coughing and spluttering at a water park because I was so close to the wave machine this guy kept asking if I was alright. I was about 11

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by crazybored)
      ^_^ I like to think most humans are kind.

ReputationRep:
      i've had several, both given and received.

a few complete strangers literally saved my life one time. i won't get into the details, but i'm still grateful and amazed that they did all that they did to help me when they didn't even know me.

i fainted one time in public and when i woke up and there were a bunch of people, men and women, standing around me, taking my pulse and making sure i was okay and such.

people doing the really small stuff like opening doors for me and letting me go ahead of them and such.

my friend used to leave me little treats sometimes on my desk in different classes. one time she baked me a batch of cookies, another time she left me a flower, another time she left me a necklace, etc. and with all of those she left me a letter. she's one of the sweetest and kindest people i know.

i've had a few times where i've been short on cash in a store, and they've let me buy it with what i've had, or someone else behind me has given me the amount i needed.

and i'm sure there are more. people tend to do a lost of random acts of kindness, but i don't really keep track of them all.

ReputationRep:
      When I got my bus pass out of my pocket, I dropped a tenner. A guy stopped behind me, picked it up, and gave it back

ReputationRep:
      Ages ago in Japan I was getting a lift home from school on the back of my mum's bicycle because my leg was in a cast and I couldn't walk (long story). It was pouring with rain and when we were at the zebra crossing I realised that it had stopped raining but when I looked up this woman was holding her umbrella over me

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.