Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey it could be ticks. (tourettes)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by graemematt)
    Again with the drama! Haha, I never said she was bleeding to death, nor did I swear. Someone getting frustrated?:rolleyes: Anyway, we're digressing so let's leave it be.
    Holy ****ing **** you can't even read properly. Get an education kid :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Holy ****ing **** you can't even read properly. Get an education kid :rofl:
    There's a fundamental difference between bleeding to death and 23 stitches for a facial wound. I rarely use the medical student card, but er...I'm a medical student. And don't call me kid (because I'm probably older than you. Infact, I bet when I started university you still thought girls had "cooties" and sang soprano for the school choir) or tell me to get an education as you know nothing about my background. If you want to know it and subsequently apologise, I'll PM you.

Also, if nothing else, do you wonder why you keep getting bad reputation points on this?

Anyway, PM me back if you have a personal vendetta against me, dont wanna sabotage the forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by graemematt)
    There's a fundamental difference between bleeding to death and 23 stitches for a facial wound. I rarely use the medical student card, but er...I'm a medical student. And don't call me kid (because I'm probably older than you. Infact, I bet when I started university you still thought girls had "cooties" and sang soprano for the school choir) or tell me to get an education as you know nothing about my background. If you want to know it and subsequently apologise, I'll PM you.

Also, if nothing else, do you wonder why you keep getting bad reputation points on this?

Anyway, PM me back if you have a personal vendetta against me, dont wanna sabotage the forum.
    It's truly terrifying you are doing medicine when your comprehensive skills are that of a simplistic 15 year old. Re-read what I said and you will hopefully see you've been barking up the wrong tree.
    "She's not in hospital getting 23 stitches put into her face..." therefore it's okay he smacked her? You really are morally deplorable if that is how you view it; "it's okay because she's not hospitalised!".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    It's truly terrifying you are doing medicine when your comprehensive skills are that of a simplistic 15 year old. Re-read what I said and you will hopefully see you've been barking up the wrong tree.
    "She's not in hospital getting 23 stitches put into her face..." therefore it's okay he smacked her? You really are morally deplorable if that is how you view it; "it's okay because she's not hospitalised!".
    Hang on. It's truly terrifying you're actually implying that I condone domestic violence. My point is that this seemed like a complete accident and you've blown it out of proportion. Are you telling me that the second one person accidentally hits someone else through a completely involuntary reaction (such as this case) that all of a sudden the police should be involved? It's interesting because we agree on the most fundamental level that physical abuse should be punished, however you can't simply generalise every scenario under such an umbrella term. It's a highly naive and frankly immature outlook on society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
    Tell dat ***** to suk ur dik or get out

>…>

Edit: nice Rep *****ezzzzz....

Edit2:

*****es I hope you know

I won't stop till I hit that hoe

HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD bitccchessssssssssssss
    lool your nuts...

(Original post by fredscarecrow)
    Wait a second, was this a 'fling your arm out in reaction and accidentally clip her' or a 'punch to the face aimed to hurt whoever was touching you'? Because if it's the first, then she needs to get over it. If it's the second then mate, get on your knees and beg.
    Sort of a mixture of the two - there wasn't a punch and it wasn't really aiming to hurt, more frighten off (and definitely not her; like I say, was half asleep and forgot it would be her until I saw her) ... but at the same time, it was more than jumping and throwing my arms out randomly, during which I clipped her.

ReputationRep:
    I believe you that it was an accident. I would suggest getting her an "I'm sorry" card or gift and taking her out or doing something she likes. Promise her that you'll never do that again, and that you never have and it's the biggest regret ever. And make sure that you never do it again.

ReputationRep:
    I know what it's like to be hit by someone who should care about you (i'm sure many people do), and the first time, it is a shock, and it does instinctively make you flinch for a while, especially if it took you by surprise the first time, but if she was that upset, and says she still cares, and even blamed herself, I'm sure she isn't trying to avoid, not on purpose anyway. Just give her a bit of time and be especially gentle, no sudden jumping up behind her or anything, for a while. And try to talk to her about it.

But yeah I also agree that you should try and sort out the neck thing, but not in a way that somebody could get hurt. Does it bother you if even you touch your neck? If it does then you could try and get used to your neck being touched by yourself, I think you get the idea..

Just give it time, trust me, it can be a shock, and it's not something you want to happen again, she's bound to be wary, even if unconsciously, for a bit. Make sure she knows exactly how you feel I hope things get better for you! You sound genuinely sincere in that you didn't mean to do it.

As an example, I used to sometimes lick my boyfriends face to annoy him slightly, until i realised he really doesn't like it. He does occasionally flinch if i poke my tongue out slightly, or like lip my lips before i kiss him on the cheek or something haha. He doesn't so much any more though. Same kind of principal, I think.

ReputationRep:
    Now she ain't gonna let you tend the rabbits D:

ReputationRep:
    Get counselling. That should at least show her you care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roocky)
    Wtf? It was an accident, keep telling her that and if she can't see it then that's just plain douchey, douchey!
    This.

EDIT: The people that are suggesting counselling :lolwut: For Christ sake, it was a silly freak accident, it's not like he deliberately violently beat her up :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    just don't condone the act of neck-touching again. don't do it and don't plan it, especially when you know you cannot control your (natural) reactions.

even so, there's really no point in getting aggy with people on here. it's a public forum and everyone's entitled to their opinion... and trust me, they wont hold back on it, as you've found out.

i'm sure it'll be alright, it's fine to be apologetic but don't drag the issue out. you could just be a little bit sensitive and therefore paranoid about the situation right now - and you could end up annoying her by constantly going on about it. xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    This.

EDIT: The people that are suggesting counselling :lolwut: For Christ sake, it was a silly freak accident, it's not like he deliberately violently beat her up :lolwut:
    If something as simple as being touched on the neck causes him to react that way, then yeah, he probably should get counseling.

(Original post by tinywings)
    If something as simple as being touched on the neck causes him to react that way, then yeah, he probably should get counseling.
    Someone tried to strangle me, it's not come from nowhere.

ReputationRep:
    You sound like a right weirdo. There is no excuse for hitting a girl your pathetic.

(Original post by Sternumator)
    You sound like a right weirdo. There is no excuse for hitting a girl your pathetic.
    So if it had been a guy, that would have been fine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok, before everyone starts shouting abuse and how I should turn myself into the police, you need to know the whole context, and understand that it was entirely an accident.

You may or may not have read the thread, but I'm the person who hates having their neck touched ... and my girlfriend likes to touch and kiss my neck. So, in order to get over this, we were trying something where I would be totally relaxed and trusting of her, and then she would slowly touch my neck to see how I'd respond.

So, I was trusting and relaxed. I was so very relaxed, I was in a completely different headspace and, to be honest here, I forgot she was there with me. I even forgot I was there. Then she touched my neck, and brought me out of it very suddenly...

I really did just act on instinct and, in an attempt to get the 'attacker' away from me, I hit out ... and caught her. It was only after that that I even remembered it would be my girlfriend, and as soon as I realised I was stroking and kissing where I'd hit her, getting the ice, cuddling her and apologising.

She said she was all right with it and she understood I hadn't meant to violently attack her, even that she should have gone slower and not taken me by surprise.

However, since then, she hasn't responded to my texts or be as active in conversations, she seems jumpy around me, she was hesistant to get in a car with, she doesn't sleep half laying on me anymore...

I don't know what to do - I really didn't mean to hit her, and I love her so much ... but I think I've scared her, and I'm probably one of the most non-violent people you could meet. Is there anything I can do to make it up to her?

TL;DR version: Accidentally hit my girlfriend in circumstances that are IMO completely understandable. Not a violent person, but now she seems scared of me - anything I can do about it?
    You really just need to talk to her . Sit her down in a place she feels comfortable, don't cover her or try and be to close to her, as this might make her scared even more and talk to her about it all. My ex boyfriend hit me, and i said i was okay with it, but he done it on purpose and to be totally honest, when we broke up the one thing i was glad about was that i wouldn't have to be hit any more over stupid things! Make sure she knows that it was completely an accident because she is probably sitting there thinking that you might hit her again at a different time, and she's saying she's fine with it so you don't freak out. Im sure she'll understand if you just explain everything to her, if you love her and she loves you, she'll eventually forget about it all .

(Original post by StaceyWacey)
    You really just need to talk to her . Sit her down in a place she feels comfortable, don't cover her or try and be to close to her, as this might make her scared even more and talk to her about it all. My ex boyfriend hit me, and i said i was okay with it, but he done it on purpose and to be totally honest, when we broke up the one thing i was glad about was that i wouldn't have to be hit any more over stupid things! Make sure she knows that it was completely an accident because she is probably sitting there thinking that you might hit her again at a different time, and she's saying she's fine with it so you don't freak out. Im sure she'll understand if you just explain everything to her, if you love her and she loves you, she'll eventually forget about it all .
    Thanks for the advice, although we've already discussed it and moved on ... although no more necks.

Must admit, been surprised by the amount of responses here that treat me like I got drunk and beat her within an inch of her life...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks for the advice, although we've already discussed it and moved on ... although no more necks.

Must admit, been surprised by the amount of responses here that treat me like I got drunk and beat her within an inch of her life...
    No problem . Well you got what you wanted then, no necks, and the relationship still going .
    Yeah people automatically assume when a guy hits a girl they have problems, or are a massive drunk. You know the truth, ignore everyone else .

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 24, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.