Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I would think that the majority would be conditional offers. Usually the only unconditional offers which are given out are to those students who have already made the grades and have taken a gap year etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QI Elf)
    I would think that the majority would be conditional offers. Usually the only unconditional offers which are given out are to those students who have already made the grades and have taken a gap year etc.
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lrs_17)
    Just got my accommodation offer , I'm in JoFo
    The Coppice Flr 1 Flat 14!!
    Anyone else in there, or in JoFo at all?
    Im also in The Coppice Flr 1 Flat 12! We are almost flatmates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by britals)
    Yaaaay, awesome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goerigi)
    its still on submitted. leicester said it doesnt get processed until my offer is unconditional, aka august :/
    Hi! I'm glad I saw this, I started to panic when I saw people already had offers of accommodation!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lkellnet)
    Hi! I'm glad I saw this, I started to panic when I saw people already had offers of accommodation!!!
    yeah its really annoying tbh. they dont tell you that information until you have applied...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by britals)
    I'm in The Coppice too Flr 1 Flat 10!

ReputationRep:
    This post is purely for people who, like I did last year, didn't apply until quite late.

Anyone telling you Mary Gee is awful, to be honest I wouldn't listen to them. I'm in a block with 9 other girls, and even though we've had quite a few disagreements over the kitchen (4 of us are clean, the rest.... definitely not) it isn't actually that bad here (maintenance issues aside.)

The kitchen is a little small for 10 people, but it's manageable, the rooms are of good sizes, there are shelves, a wardrobe, a bedside table, usually drawers in the desk (always a desk) - usually a separate comfy chair but I didn't get one for some reason - kick up!), the porter is an absolute nightmare but meh, the heating is a bit haywire (turns on/off at ridiculous hours), the carpet is annoying in that no matter how many times you hoover it, it never quite picks up all the dirt off the carpet, the bathrooms are of good sizes (there are two, one on the ground floor and one on the top floor) and you're lucky because you have a bath. Yes, a BATH. And really, I have the best housemates I could ever have wished for. It's not about the place you live, it's about the people you meet. (I realise I haven't made it sound all that great, but really, it is liveable - we've coped!)

I don't personally know why I ever thought I could afford John Foster in the first place; I know of at least a dozen people who have had to move out of JoFo halfway through the year due to money problems - and they've actually moved to Mary Gee. I paid £2975 for the whole year, and this has risen but not by much. It's still about £1000 cheaper than anywhere else - £1000 I couldn't do without.

Anyone please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I finished my exams on Friday so I am available right from now until October (well, September - I may have resits. :p:) I was exactly the same last year, bugging anyone with the word Leicester in their signatures People at Leicester always seem to be very friendly - and most would likely welcome PMs, so don't be afraid, we won't bite.

Also, another thing: I have pictures if anyone is paranoid about Mary Gee - you'll have to excuse my room being a tip but it's fine. I quite like my room.

ReputationRep:
    Im a postgrad student in Opal Court Block B Floor 4. Anyone near me? x

ReputationRep:
    I can't decide between Beamount and GMS ..? Any help ?

they both have pool tables , right ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidwai)
    I can't decide between Beamount and GMS ..? Any help ?

they both have pool tables , right ?
    Yep they do and that shouldn't make up your decision anyway as people are allowed to go to the other halls bars.

Personally just go with your gut, to be honest Beaumont is the prettiest and was my first choice but I ended up in GMS which isn't so bad except for the fact I'm all in name in GMS, I'm in one of the outhouses and so get told relatively little about what is happening in the main part of GMS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Yep they do and that shouldn't make up your decision anyway as people are allowed to go to the other halls bars.

Personally just go with your gut, to be honest Beaumont is the prettiest and was my first choice but I ended up in GMS which isn't so bad except for the fact I'm all in name in GMS, I'm in one of the outhouses and so get told relatively little about what is happening in the main part of GMS.

Thanks a lot for your reply .

So pool tables are free , right ? Also, does any hall have a Snooker table ? (UoL has a snooker soc, i think)

were you catered or self-catering at GMS ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidwai)
    Thanks a lot for your reply .

So pool tables are free , right ? Also, does any hall have a Snooker table ? (UoL has a snooker soc, i think)

were you catered or self-catering at GMS ?
    Not free, 50p a play at all of the tables at all the bars.

None of them have a snooker table and neither does the university however there is a pool and snooker bar in town and that's where I think the Snooker soc goes. I got free membership to the place- Club Riley's- at Fresher's Fair so find them and you should be able to get it as well. However I have never been so I can't tell you what it's like.

I'm self-catered, all three of the outhouses (at the Sports area) are self-catered.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know the earliest date we can move in? I can't find it on the website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snap.Crackle.Pop.)
    Normally it's the weekend before freshers. I think they let Medicine students take a room for the 1/2 weeks before as they need to be there earlier and then on the move in date for everyone else they move out of the room (usually in John Foster) and move into their room for the year. (I think they charge so much a night as well but can't be too sure on that one, if you're on a foundation year and in catered accomodation, you'll have to pay more at the end of terms to stay in your room as the foundation years have same term times as the college next door to the university).

This is just for the student village, for city living I have no idea.

You'll be getting a letter/email (can't remember which) in August/September (when you've confirmed the room etc.) and it'll say on there your move in date.

ReputationRep:
    2nd Oct, in 100 days time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    2nd Oct, in 100 days time
    Or 1st October. My move in date was the Saturday when I thought it would be the Sunday. Depends on what room you're in I suppose but they do have a limited amount they can actually get to move in at the same time I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Or 1st October. My move in date was the Saturday when I thought it would be the Sunday. Depends on what room you're in I suppose but they do have a limited amount they can actually get to move in at the same time I suppose.
    Ooooooo exciting stuff! cheers x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    Ooooooo exciting stuff! cheers x
    I can't wait either!!! Don't want to spend one more day in this town than I have to :P

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait either!!! Don't want to spend one more day in this town than I have to :P
    Awesome. Where are you from? :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.