The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
I can't decide between Beamount and GMS ..? Any help ?

they both have pool tables , right ?
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by kidwai
I can't decide between Beamount and GMS ..? Any help ?

they both have pool tables , right ?

Yep they do and that shouldn't make up your decision anyway as people are allowed to go to the other halls bars.

Personally just go with your gut, to be honest Beaumont is the prettiest and was my first choice but I ended up in GMS which isn't so bad except for the fact I'm all in name in GMS, I'm in one of the outhouses and so get told relatively little about what is happening in the main part of GMS.
Reply 162
Original post by SirMasterKey
Yep they do and that shouldn't make up your decision anyway as people are allowed to go to the other halls bars.

Personally just go with your gut, to be honest Beaumont is the prettiest and was my first choice but I ended up in GMS which isn't so bad except for the fact I'm all in name in GMS, I'm in one of the outhouses and so get told relatively little about what is happening in the main part of GMS.

Thanks a lot for your reply :smile: .

So pool tables are free , right ? Also, does any hall have a Snooker table ? (UoL has a snooker soc, i think)

were you catered or self-catering at GMS ?
Original post by kidwai
Thanks a lot for your reply :smile: .

So pool tables are free , right ? Also, does any hall have a Snooker table ? (UoL has a snooker soc, i think)

were you catered or self-catering at GMS ?

Not free, 50p a play at all of the tables at all the bars.

None of them have a snooker table and neither does the university however there is a pool and snooker bar in town and that's where I think the Snooker soc goes. I got free membership to the place- Club Riley's- at Fresher's Fair so find them and you should be able to get it as well. However I have never been so I can't tell you what it's like.

I'm self-catered, all three of the outhouses (at the Sports area) are self-catered.
Anyone know the earliest date we can move in? I can't find it on the website.
Original post by Snap.Crackle.Pop.

Normally it's the weekend before freshers. I think they let Medicine students take a room for the 1/2 weeks before as they need to be there earlier and then on the move in date for everyone else they move out of the room (usually in John Foster) and move into their room for the year. (I think they charge so much a night as well but can't be too sure on that one, if you're on a foundation year and in catered accomodation, you'll have to pay more at the end of terms to stay in your room as the foundation years have same term times as the college next door to the university).

This is just for the student village, for city living I have no idea.

You'll be getting a letter/email (can't remember which) in August/September (when you've confirmed the room etc.) and it'll say on there your move in date.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 166

2nd Oct, in 100 days time :smile:
Original post by grape:)
2nd Oct, in 100 days time :smile:

Or 1st October. My move in date was the Saturday when I thought it would be the Sunday. Depends on what room you're in I suppose but they do have a limited amount they can actually get to move in at the same time I suppose.
Reply 168
Original post by SirMasterKey
Or 1st October. My move in date was the Saturday when I thought it would be the Sunday. Depends on what room you're in I suppose but they do have a limited amount they can actually get to move in at the same time I suppose.

Ooooooo exciting stuff! :biggrin: cheers :biggrin: x
Ooooooo exciting stuff! :biggrin: cheers :biggrin: x

I can't wait either!!! :biggrin: Don't want to spend one more day in this town than I have to :P
Reply 170
I can't wait either!!! :biggrin: Don't want to spend one more day in this town than I have to :P

Awesome. Where are you from? :P
Awesome. Where are you from? :P

Crappy little village in Dorset, miles from anywhere. Fields are nice occasionally, but it's about time I moved a bit closer to civilisation :tongue:
Reply 172
Crappy little village in Dorset, miles from anywhere. Fields are nice occasionally, but it's about time I moved a bit closer to civilisation :tongue:

Coooool. I'm in Exeter which is nearish I guess :P
Just a couple quick questions..

1) Does anyone know the difference between premium ensuite and premium flat?

2) Does anyone know the rough % breakdown of room types in Opal Court? Is there particularly a lot more of a certain type?

Thanks in advance! :h:
Reply 174
Leicester is a really nice city, Oadby is great. I was in Mary Gee which was a mistake. I was stuck with 9 internationals, nice enough but not the same as my friends flatmates.
Reply 175
Original post by deathcraze
Just a couple quick questions..

1) Does anyone know the difference between premium ensuite and premium flat?

2) Does anyone know the rough % breakdown of room types in Opal Court? Is there particularly a lot more of a certain type?

Thanks in advance! :h:

http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/accommodation/fees-payments

Regarding your second question, you might have to phone up to get that sort of info.

EDIT: Just re-read and if your not talking about price, room types are here

http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/accommodation/student-accommodation/your-room-types-explained
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 176
My offer has now gone from conditional to unconditional firm as I met my offer conditions. Does anyone know how long it should now take to get an accommodation offer?
Original post by BigV
My offer has now gone from conditional to unconditional firm as I met my offer conditions. Does anyone know how long it should now take to get an accommodation offer?

Congrats on your unconditional offer :smile:

My offer went to unconditional on Monday and I rang up the accommodation office today and when they checked their database it still said my offer was still conditional even though I received a letter from UCAS saying it was unconditional, but once they rang up admissions and got confirmation I was unconditional they said I should get an offer within 48 hours :smile:

So id ring them up and check that on their database your offer has changed to unconditional and is not still on conditional.

Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 178
Original post by AmyAmy0913
Congrats on your unconditional offer :smile:

My offer went to unconditional on Monday and I rang up the accommodation office today and when they checked their database it still said my offer was still conditional even though I received a letter from UCAS saying it was unconditional, but once they rang up admissions and got confirmation I was unconditional they said I should get an offer within 48 hours :smile:

So id ring them up and check that on their database your offer has changed to unconditional and is not still on conditional.

Hope that helps :smile:

Ok, good stuff.

Thanks
Reply 179
Does anyone know if the university requires a deposit for the accommodation and if yes,how much is it and by what date must I pay it?

Quick Reply

Latest