Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So. Is this some kind of new shopping centre or something...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrynKing)
    Maybe because "jeopardizing your life" doesnt have to be death cannabis leads to all kinds of mental problems so i for one although have had the chance too dont really care for it when you become a dull lifeless vessel later in life you wont be so smug. And sure i drink and yes alcohols a poison but most people manage to go through their lives without going over their limits plus take out the people that died because they mixed alcohol AND drugs.
    What makes you think that people are more likely to over their limits with cannabis and not alcohol, despite how much more dangerous alcohol is and how much more addictive it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hufflepuffer)
    I don't think it's worth the bother. It's illegal for a reason.
    Its illegal for a reason yes. But that reason is based on nothing of the harms it causes to the individual or society. If you look at the history of cannabis, one of it's main reasons for it becoming illegal was the fact in America it was used my minority groups such as blacks and mexicans. This eventually lead to it becoming banned and followed by other drugs, and then a UN treaty to ban certain drugs worldwide.
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    OP I think everyone has at least tried weed. I don't really understand how people could not at some point in their life :erm:
    no, you're wrong, I've never tried weed, and nor have lots of other people.

OP - I've never tried weed because of many factors. 1) I've never been offered any, but 2) I'd have refused even if I had been offered any because I don't agree with taking illegal drugs. Why? because 3) it makes you paranoid and causes mental health issues

so do I drink regularly? no. Only on special occasions because some are tasty (baileys for example). I haven't been drunk since November 2004.
    Why did I used to get drunk? Because I used to go clubbing, and I was too self-conscious to dance whilst sober.
    What would I need to take weed for though? You just flob in a chair and can't be arsed to move when you're stoned, so I've been told. What would I want to do that for? That's not fun! I drank when I danced because I wanted to have fun in a club without feeling self-conscious. I see no reason to take weed - I can sit and flob in a chair anytime I like without the help of some drug.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)

OP - I've never tried weed because of many factors. 1) I've never been offered any, but 2) I'd have refused even if I had been offered any because I don't agree with taking illegal drugs. Why? because 3) it makes you paranoid and causes mental health issues

so do I drink regularly? no. Only on special occasions because some are tasty (baileys for example). I haven't been drunk since November 2004.
    Why did I used to get drunk? Because I used to go clubbing, and I was too self-conscious to dance whilst sober.
    What would I need to take weed for though? You just flob in a chair and can't be arsed to move when you're stoned, so I've been told. What would I want to do that for? That's not fun! I drank when I danced because I wanted to have fun in a club without feeling self-conscious. I see no reason to take weed - I can sit and flob in a chair anytime I like without the help of some drug.
    Not really true, cannabis can help enhance many senses, and can help people relax. Also, it totally depends on the type of cannabis you use. Different strains give you different effects, some get u 'stoned' while others give you an energetic high.

I personally don't agree with the fact people are encouraged to use harder drugs such as alcohol yet made criminals for using softer safer drugs which they may prefer to use and gain more fun from such as cannabis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    So much ignorance in this thread.

Weed does not make you stupid. lazy, do any more harm than stuff like alcohol, tobacco or caffeine, and it is not physically addictive.

No it wouldnt.
    True words spoken.

I'd try most things once, it's what life is all about - experiences.

(Original post by sally12379823)
    Not really true, cannabis can help enhance many senses, and can help people relax. Also, it totally depends on the type of cannabis you use. Different strains give you different effects, some get u 'stoned' while others give you an energetic high.

I personally don't agree with the fact people are encouraged to use harder drugs such as alcohol yet made criminals for using softer safer drugs which they may prefer to use and gain more fun from such as cannabis.
    Sally, i swear you were anti-drugs in the last drugs thread.. lol

ReputationRep:
    So yeah - is this thread just an excuse for a petty argument between weed-heads and straight-edgers?

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Pfft, pots for pussys.

All about the pixie sticks, *****.

ReputationRep:
    Peer pressure - I'm not enough of a fag to give into it.

ReputationRep:

your ignorance will get you no where. may i ask if you'd try it if it were legal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glowy Amoeba)
    I've never abused alcohol. don't assume I'm a binge drinker! (like most drinkers are in the uk it seems )
    fair play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spetznaaz)
    True words spoken.

I'd try most things once, it's what life is all about - experiences.

Sally, i swear you were anti-drugs in the last drugs thread.. lol
    Hell no. I may have disagreed with reasoning for something, or was a bit anti alcohol. I'm anti the war on drugs.
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    your ignorance will get you no where. may i ask if you'd try it if it were legal?
    no. I have children - it would hardly be responsible really would it, even if it were legal. I don't get drunk because I have responsibilities, so I'm hardly likely to want to get stoned around them.
    Only complete wastes of space would think about getting pissed or stoned when they have young children who depend on them.

My so called "ignorance" as you put it, is not ignorance at all. You might argue that I have nothing to lose by taking weed - I argue that I have absolutely nothing to gain by taking it.

ReputationRep:
    no. I have children and I'd like to be able to say to them quite honestly when they are older that I've never taken illegal substances.

Lead by example and all that.
    i said if it were legal, would you?

ReputationRep:
    it smells. Horrible.
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    i said if it were legal, would you?
    I'm tired ok..... I edited whilst you were posting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bongboy6969)
    I like smoking te weeds, it gives me super powers....

Seriously though, I don't get why people don't smoke...

I know it's bad for your health etc. but im the type of guy that will try most things (within reason) at least once, whether it be smoking weed, wakeboarding, sky diving, playing golf etc because I want to live my life to the full and don't want to be deprived of new experiances...to be honest that would be a terrible waste of a life IMO

Obviusly weed is relativley harmless (compred to alcohol etc) so I don't understand the people that are so dead against it, they won't even try it!

I totally understand if you tried it, and hated it, but if you haven't tried it why knock it? Before people say it's bad for you or it's illegal, please stop and ask yourself why you drank when you were under age and still drink now...:rolleyes:

I just want to know why people miss out on this awesome plant
    I have never smoked
    Never smoked weed
    Never drunk alcohol
    Never done shisha

Reason: All these things will make you addicted and you won't be able to stop. Which in return will lead to a f***** up life and a shorter drug-based life.

Thanks I don't need that. My health is too important for me.

BTW Thanks for the negative reps in advance. I'm not expecting anything else anyway. This is TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llpokermuffinll)
    I have never smoked
    Never smoked weed
    Never drunk alcohol
    Never done shisha

Reason: All these things will make you addicted and you won't be able to stop. Which in return will lead to a f***** up life and a shorter drug-based life.

Thanks I don't need that. My health is too important for me.

BTW Thanks for the negative reps in advance. I'm not expecting anything else anyway. This is TSR.
    lol someone's been severely brainwashed by idiotic parents or friends.

ReputationRep:
    Go do coke, MDMA and then see how you feel about weed. Boring drug, people who do it constantly are ****ing irritating aswell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yahyahyah)
    lol someone's been severely brainwashed by idiotic parents or friends.
    lol someone's got friends who have been severely brainwashed by idiotic parents or friends.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.