Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sociology - AQA Unit 4 - Crime and Deviance and Research Methods Jan 2011 watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jade2009)
    Is anyone else getting worried?
    Yep, getting to the feeling a bit sick point now lol

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, how are people revising right now?
    I've just been going over past papers and then looking at the mark scheme.

Also, does anyone have a list of studies for each topic? I know what it is about but I keep forgetting names to include D:

ReputationRep:
    feeling so worried that i have been unable to revise! oh dear.
    I think ill be fine though. I hope we get is sociology a science question ngl.

ReputationRep:
    I revised that question today. Was dreading it coming up but it surprised me by how much I remembered from that lesson which seems months ago. It would be nice if it came up- much rather that than Action Theories/anything about postmodernists!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clairelou92)
    For the 12 and 15 Mark questions, should we do a introduction and conclusion and how much should we write??
    Both my teachers are examiners and they both say no introductions because of the time constraints but a conclusion is vital. I find it's good to do a definition at the beginning to get into it though.
    For example, if the question is about Marxism i would define it and the key ideas in relation to C&D such as, MArxism is a conflict theory. Marxist theorists believe C&D is caused by capitalism because of its criminogenic nature. Class inequality in a capitalist economic system is a major cause of crime so to remove crime we need to have a revolution to abolish capitalism and achieve utopia.

Not a great piece put you get the idea. This way you sound like you have a clear understanding but pick up knowledge marks straight away

Hope that helps but if not sorry and good luck

ReputationRep:
    I think if action theories/postmodernizzzZZzm comes up i'll have a little weep to myself after the exam.

ReputationRep:
    Same, I might load up lots of chocolate in my locker in preparation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geekaymillay.)
    I think if action theories/postmodernizzzZZzm comes up i'll have a little weep to myself after the exam.
    Really?
    I would prefer that compared to the sociology/science question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beksbrad)
    Both my teachers are examiners and they both say no introductions because of the time constraints but a conclusion is vital. I find it's good to do a definition at the beginning to get into it though.
    For example, if the question is about Marxism i would define it and the key ideas in relation to C&D such as, MArxism is a conflict theory. Marxist theorists believe C&D is caused by capitalism because of its criminogenic nature. Class inequality in a capitalist economic system is a major cause of crime so to remove crime we need to have a revolution to abolish capitalism and achieve utopia.

Not a great piece put you get the idea. This way you sound like you have a clear understanding but pick up knowledge marks straight away

Hope that helps but if not sorry and good luck
    I would disagree with that just because of my own experience.
    I have a B at A-Level and I doubt I did any conclusions.. and if I did it would have been one line of "I think both theories have their positives and negatives..'

ReputationRep:
    I really wish my sociology revision was as interesting as reading this thread right now. Exams make me lose the will to live. I think i have read over the same gender passage for a good 10 minutes now. Its getting ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Haha everybodys ****ting it..love it.

ReputationRep:
    Why did I leave revising this entire unit to do in ONE night?! Grhhhhhhhhhh I never revise for sociology normally!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z.Shafi)
    Why did I leave revising this entire unit to do in ONE night?! Grhhhhhhhhhh I never revise for sociology normally!
    Haha, don't worry I have done the same

ReputationRep:
    Who else is pulling an all-nighter? I thought that I was having a Psychology exam tomorrow but apparently it's Sociology Unit 4. Hahahaha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romeolol)
    Who else is pulling an all-nighter? I thought that I was having a Psychology exam tomorrow but apparently it's Sociology Unit 4. Hahahaha!
    LOL'S! ahaha
    Sorry, the way I read that, just made me burst out in laughter! But yes... I'm pulling an all-nighter. Done the same for my Family and Households and Education with Research Methods in June I got B's in both.

You got MSN? We could motivate each other + Discuss what we are doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z.Shafi)
    Don't worry, I do it too. EVERYTIME! :L I never learn...

ReputationRep:
    Right... if the Labelling theory, Sociology is/isnt a Science came up, I would be a happy bunny!

ReputationRep:
    If anyone wants quick helpful revision that's very condensed (guessing all of you still up are pulling an all nighter due to lack of prior revision like me) then these might be useful.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPWak..._order&list=UL

This person has done several videos with the basic knowledge we need to know, i think they're great.

Hope they help

Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zadaafridi)
    Can anyone please explain to me what 'inductive reasoning' is? Cheers
    Do you mean the inductive approach on Sociology as a Science? This is when you gather the data on a topic and then create a hypothesis rather than creating a hypothesis then gathering the data (deductive).

I'm not sure if it's the definition that you're looking for...
    Hope it helps!

P.S. Good luck to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    How is everyones all nighters going?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.