Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    No make-up does not define girls, we would not be nothing without it or at least I wouldn't... I bought my first foundation when I was 18, which is a bit earlier this year, for prom xP I was so confused and hated doing it. I usually don't wear makeup only some concealer because I hate my freaking pimples otherwise I am beautiful without makeup, dont need eyeliner or mascara since my eyelashes are black and my skintone is pretty too
    I'm sorry for u if u feel like nothing without makeup on...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by green chica)
    my morning routine (as a girl)

roll out of bed
    turn off alarm
    stumble downstairs to my bathroom
    get in shower
    take shower
    get out of shower
    go upstairs without having dried my hair
    throw on some random clothes
    stumble out the door
    drive off to school

there is no makeup involved in the process. literally. i dont even wear any mascara or eyeliner. my friends and family always give me a hard time about it, but i don't care. i prefer the natural look. yes, my eyes pop on the four or five times a year i wear mascara, but it's just too much of a bother for me to put on mascara routinely. i'd rather be sleeping.
    drive to school - did you pay for that using daddy's credit card?:camp:

regarding the makeup, you either go to a private all girls school where there's no point putting on makeup because there are no boys to impress, or you're so ugly, it makes no difference with or without makeup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xfactorfan)
    here we go :rolleyes:

why do i see every girl in the morning (every white girl at least) wearing some form of makeup, yet 1 in 3 girls or whatever on TSR claim to wear no makeup?

the facts don't add up.

I'm not a white girl so I don't count in your generalisation

Seriously though. I do have make up, I have worn make up and occassionally do. But on a day to day basis I don't wear it, mostly because I really can't be arsed a lot of the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babygirl110)
    I agree. I don't know why people negged you.

People never want to hear the truth.
    She probably only got negged for the reference to God, ie. TSR is full of militant atheists :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Loving the occasional affronts on the OP's success with girls. A guy's reaction to that would not be to come on here and do this. We're not like girls.

ReputationRep:

regarding the makeup, you either go to a private all girls school where there's no point putting on makeup because there are no boys to impress, or you're so ugly, it makes no difference with or without makeup.
    a) Why are you so mean? Maybe she just doesn't define her own self-worth on her looks? Or just doesn't want the extra male-attention that wearing make up might bring?

b) Why did you create this misogynistic thread which implies that women who are not wearing make up are unattractive and therefore are "nothing". Seriously. WHY? Aren't women more than just their looks?

ReputationRep:
    this includes other fakery like false eyelashes, hair extensions, hair dyes etc.

i know not all girls will care blah blah blah so don't tell me i'm generalising, i'm just saying 'girls' rather than 'some girls' because the latter would sound pathetic and wouldn't grab people's attention :rolleyes:

99.9% of girls i see are clearly wearing some form of makeup, even if its just during the day. i know lots of girls who need to wear it just to go shopping or something stupid. seriously, what have you got to hide? :rolleyes: are you insecure because you know you're actually ugly and without makeup, you won't get eyed up by guys to fuel your incessent need for attention? :rolleyes:

i know i'm going to get girls now who say 'well i dont wear makeup in the day'. i'm sorry but don't deny that you do. even if its just eyeliner. like i say, 99.9% of girls i see are clearly wearing makeup, even if its just eyeliner.

I wear make up when im out in general because im insecure about my skin. I have acne scars and still have a few spots. I wear make up just to make myself feel more confident.
    I dont wear it in the house just around my family, because they know me and i feel fully comfortable around them, knowing they'll love me anyway no matter what i look like.
    Im comfortable around my boyfriend without eyeliner, mascara etc, but without something on my skin i feel nervous and not myself around him. Im beginning to cut down on it, but i dont want him to see me fully without makeup yet.

Ive never worn false lashes or dyed my hair. Im not totally fake..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    She probably only got negged for the reference to God, ie. TSR is full of militant atheists :rolleyes:
    lol, oh I see.

ReputationRep:
    The only time I ever wear makeup is if I'm going to a concert, in which case I go all out on the whole black eyeliner/ eyeshadow thing for the fun of it. On all other occasions I don't wear eyeliner, eyeshadow, foundation, blusher, lipstick, lipgloss, mascara or whatever else you can think of. I suppose I'm worth nothing am I?

ReputationRep:
    I don't wear makeup around my house or popping to the shop or a friends house.
    When I go into uni I wear powder, brown mascara and stain. Don't particularly think I have to, just like to.
    I'm pretty sure I'd get along fine without makeup. But that doesn't mean I'd want to.
    I don't see how decorating your dace is any different from decorating your body.

ReputationRep:

nope. i have a job, thanks.

i went to private school for a few years, but it was co-ed. and i've been told by a number of people i'm gorgeous and i'm asked daily by strangers if i'm a model. take that as you will. i happen to not feel the need to fit into societal expectations, unlike you who seems to want women to.

ReputationRep:
    Might not be as bad as you think.. quite a bit of the time some girls dont even know how to use make up and they end up looking even worse!

ReputationRep:
    It does surprise me that so many women use make-up, because so few men in comparison use it. Even with 'discrete' make-up, I assume most girls will take that to mean mascara/concealer/powder/whatever. Girls that use too much make-up definitely look unappealing to me. They have a doll-like appearance, and their skin looks like chalk. I think most girls who wear make-up are not 'fake', I am more put off by the physical repulsiveness of too much make-up if anything.

The other thing I find odd about make-up is the fact that some women seem to have to wear it all the time, whether she is on a classy night out or on a brief trip to her local corner shop to pick up some milk.

Overall, though, I do not really care if girls wear a little make-up or not. Both genders have their own quirks regarding how they dress and look. Is make-up that much different from men gelling their hair, applying aftershave, and so on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenii)
    a) Why are you so mean? Maybe she just doesn't define her own self-worth on her looks? Or just doesn't want the extra male-attention that wearing make up might bring?

b) Why did you create this misogynistic thread which implies that women who are not wearing make up are unattractive and therefore are "nothing". Seriously. WHY? Aren't women more than just their looks?
    thank you. i don't define self-worth on looks. that's a medieval perspective and as a self-respecting modern woman (read: feminist) i don't give a **** about what people, male or female, look like.

apparently his misogynistic views tell him so. it's a shame. i was hoping we had reached a point where people were beyond this archaic point of thought.

ReputationRep:

why would you assume people who drive dont pay for their own cars? i bought my car for 350, insured it for 450, and use money i earn in work to fuel it. my mother hasn't paid or been involved in one single penny of it, so why do you assume that everyone has everything handed to them on a platter? i don't wear make up to school and i go to a regular comprehensive. i don't regard myself as ugly either. cheers.

ReputationRep:
    I wear makeup, I feel okay just wearing foundation. I dislike not wearing it, I think I'm ugly either way but still prefer to have a bit of foundation on just to feel comfortable. My boyf can't even tell when I have it on or off but I just feel yuck.
    It definitely isn't for attention, guys don't notice natural colour foundation, it's only when they start wearing other make up they notice.
    It's definitely not attention, I am a reserved person, and don't want to be noticed, trust me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    I wear full face makeup all the time, and no, I'm not ashamed to say it. :rolleyes: Yes, I dye my hair too. I paint my nails. I've been known to wear hair extensions on occasion. I spend quite a lot of money on clothes. OMG I'M FAKE AND SUPERFICIAL! :eek:

I don't wear it because I'm insecure, I wear it because I personally think it makes me look better. I don't cake it on, I wear it in my colour so I don't look orange, and I wear colours that suit my skin.

I dye my hair to enhance my natural colour, because I personally think my natural colour (dark reddish brown) looks a bit flat, so I add more reds to make it look warmer and richer. When I've had extensions, they've been the exact same colour as my hair, and I had them because I got bored waiting for my hair to grow.

I manicure my nails, and paint them in a nude colour, because it looks polished and classy.

Oh, and I enjoy doing my hair and makeup, painting my nails, clothes shopping, and all that. Problem? Kiss my arse, because I don't care. I like how it makes me look, I enjoy doing it, that's all that matters.

mmmhhhmm - hmm, you go girl!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by green chica)
    my morning routine (as a girl)

roll out of bed
    turn off alarm
    stumble downstairs to my bathroom
    get in shower
    take shower
    get out of shower
    go upstairs without having dried my hair
    throw on some random clothes
    stumble out the door
    drive off to school

there is no makeup involved in the process. literally. i dont even wear any mascara or eyeliner. my friends and family always give me a hard time about it, but i don't care. i prefer the natural look. yes, my eyes pop on the four or five times a year i wear mascara, but it's just too much of a bother for me to put on mascara routinely. i'd rather be sleeping.
    I have the exact same routine as you, people are constantly like "nice hair tasha" and i'm like yeah, i'm rocking the drowned rat look

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    I wear full face makeup all the time, and no, I'm not ashamed to say it. :rolleyes: Yes, I dye my hair too. I paint my nails. I've been known to wear hair extensions on occasion. I spend quite a lot of money on clothes. OMG I'M FAKE AND SUPERFICIAL! :eek:

I don't wear it because I'm insecure, I wear it because I personally think it makes me look better. I don't cake it on, I wear it in my colour so I don't look orange, and I wear colours that suit my skin.

I dye my hair to enhance my natural colour, because I personally think my natural colour (dark reddish brown) looks a bit flat, so I add more reds to make it look warmer and richer. When I've had extensions, they've been the exact same colour as my hair, and I had them because I got bored waiting for my hair to grow.

I manicure my nails, and paint them in a nude colour, because it looks polished and classy.

Oh, and I enjoy doing my hair and makeup, painting my nails, clothes shopping, and all that. Problem? Kiss my arse, because I don't care. I like how it makes me look, I enjoy doing it, that's all that matters.
    Amen to THAT!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natashapt)
    I have the exact same routine as you, people are constantly like "nice hair tasha" and i'm like yeah, i'm rocking the drowned rat look
    exactly. after a while people don't even notice anymore. and, my hair dries in a few hours and looks like its normal, blonde self. i don't even have to comb it much. my sister always complains about how low-maintenance and nice my hair is compared to her.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.