Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do the super fit girls like House/Dance music while the ugly girls like Rock? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    I highly doubt that though, don't you?
    Still a possibility.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFlyingDutchman)
    erm OK

Once I went to a clubland concert. It was ridiculous. Girls were in underwear with see through tops and skirts on top. Legwarmers, loads of makeup etc.

I'm not saying I didn't enjoy looking but if they had actually put clothes on I don't think there would of been a big difference between them and my rock chicks

I was scared to even touch any of the girls because with all the makeup on they could be anywhere between 13 and 19.

Your Slipknot/metallica (can't be bothered going back and looking at the video) Is a bad representation anyway. It's not really rock is it it ? It's more metal ? My definition of rock (Things like Foo Fighters who are AMAZING live) Have lots of gorgeous girls. Unless you get too far forward. Then they jut start to sweat
    Slipknot don't really fit into any category aside from maybe an abstract hybrid of metalcore and nu-metal. Ie; not proper metal (they're more core than actual metal).

I remember when I used to think that Slipknot were the heaviest thing around... then I started listening to grindcore

OP is talking out of his arse as always anyway.

ReputationRep:
    There are ugly people at both tbf. At clubs there is a fair few cheap, sub-par, tangoed Katie Price wannabes... not that she is much herself. And at metal/rock gigs there are a fair few mingers with daddy issues who are going through their lesbian stage who don't wash their hair and don't have a more elaborate wardrobe than a metallica t-shirt and baggy jeans. Metal is generally an ugly subculture full of ugly, failed people who grow out of it eventually and realise they need a job, or fade out to social mediocrity with their music production degrees and tattoo artist apprenticeships still dying their beards purple at 45. That, or they lighten up and start listening to proper metal

Dance music is just accessible, easy fun for the masses.

ReputationRep:
    I can't say I'd particularly noticed, I normally see quite a lot of attractive women at the metal gigs I go to. However, I tend to not go to see mediocre nu metal/metalcore bands like Slipknot which may have something to do with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chaofan88)
    But you obviously haven't got a very diverse view of 'rock'....have you seen the girls that go to indie rock festivals? (this may sound slighlty narcissistic coming from a girl who everyone stereotypes as 'indie' ).
    No, it's not narcissistic - It's a fact!

Indie girls beat dance/whatever girls every time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sonny_J_D)
    No, it's not narcissistic - It's a fact!

Indie girls beat dance/whatever girls every time
    Ahaha, but of course- I now see the light. The beauty of bisexuality is also being able to...admire the 'indie' girls. Those house/dance folk don't know what they're missing

ReputationRep:
    While this is a troll there is a lot of truth in it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm kinda insulted by this thread...

ReputationRep:
    I love this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meghaan)
    I like rock music!
    let's Rock n Roll !

ReputationRep:
    I've met some of the best looking girls ever at Leeds Fest, and thats predominantly a Rock Music Festival.

ReputationRep:
    I met an amazing girl girl at a slipknot concert a few years back, she was unbelievably hot, but to be fair hot girls at metal concerts are usually rare

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure there's going to be some major hotties at T in the Park this yeah :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Because people who like dance are more intelligent, have more class, style, not to tmention TASTE. Not trying to stereotype too much but, people who like slipknot, apart from the few, don't give a s**t about what they look like. They don't understand the true concept of sound and just want to be a "rebel" and listen to diabolical noise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swell)
    I've met some of the best looking girls ever at Leeds Fest, and thats predominantly a Rock Music Festival.
    its mainstream though, most people just go to get pissed and listen to music as well, its not a hardcore niche festival.

ReputationRep:
    I listen to both does that mean I'm average?

If so ---> :cool:

ReputationRep:
    House music is sexy thats why, it for clubs, beach, and makes you feel good.

Rock music... is it sexy?

ReputationRep:
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    This is more the standard of trolling I associate you with monsieur.

In answer to your question, metal is angry, ugly people are more likely to be angry, therefore ugly people are more likely to like metal.

Just so people don't think I'm being biased, I will also say that dance music is simplistic, stupid people are more likely to appreciate simplicity, therefore stupid people are more likely to like dance music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Organ)
    its mainstream though, most people just go to get pissed and listen to music as well, its not a hardcore niche festival.
    Oh dear, sorry almighty Festival god.

Thus listen to Rock Music?

There is a minority who go 'just for the hell of it', i mean i heard someone ask who Arcade Fire were last year while in the crowd...

But the majority do go because they like the music there...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.