Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What’s something you know you do differently than most people? Watch

ReputationRep:
    The people I meet think I am left handed because of the way I hold pens, but I hold the pens in my right hand so it never makes sense when they ask me if I am left handed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MovingOn)
    The main part of my OCD which is centred around extreme hygiene, and that part of my OCD does cause me anxiety as you mentioned it can. To be honest, I've literally just realised from talking to you that the numbers thing I have is the only part of my OCD that doesn't make me anxious!
    I thought it was just a quirky thing I did with numbers. But I also do it with non-spoken words as well, like if I see a sign for example "Fish and Chips" I'll add up the letters first and then if that's odd, I'll try full words, and if that's odd, I'll try to add the spaces inbetween the words, and then the dots on the i's and the apostrophes and stuff, etc etc, until I get an even number. Sounds odd when I type it out now

I write like a retard...my hand is usually turned 90 degrees or so. I also use a microwave to make coffee, but I don't know whether this is exactly unusual or not. :ninja:

:mrssanta:

(Original post by squareroot1764)
    Whenever I see a year written down or said on TV or something, I have to work out how many years away from the current year it is. Also I get really happy when I realise that the all the numbers in the date have a common factor, but I really don't like it if they're all prime numbers.

08/12/10 = yay!
    13/11/03 = :mad:
    lmao :wizard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neutralmilkhotel)
    I thought it was just a quirky thing I did with numbers. But I also do it with non-spoken words as well, like if I see a sign for example "Fish and Chips" I'll add up the letters first and then if that's odd, I'll try full words, and if that's odd, I'll try to add the spaces inbetween the words, and then the dots on the i's and the apostrophes and stuff, etc etc, until I get an even number. Sounds odd when I type it out now
    Don't feel odd! I'm reveling in coming across someone so similar to myself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Persephone9)
    According to my parents the normal way to eat is to have a bit of everything on your fork.
    oh..that's ok then! There's one thing I can take off the weird pile and put in the normal pile!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meatzaper)
    Um I try to go up and down the stairs in my house without touching the stairs at all... it takes a lot longer but in a way its worth it
    hi5!

I tend to pull trolleys behind me in supermarkets, as opposed to pushing them in front like everyone else

ReputationRep:
    If I eat grapes I have to eat 5. not 4. not 6. 5.

I also hold my pen really close to the nib so my hands are frequently covered in ink, and walk with my ankles rolling inwards if I'm wearing shoes without laces

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Installation)
    I rotate mugs/glasses when drinking from them, can't really describe how but it's odd so I try and avoid it when out :P
    I do this too.

ReputationRep:
    I say 'a bowl of cereals' as opposed to 'a bowl of cereal'.
    (apparantly) I say 'girl' differently to everyone else.

That's all I can think of...

ReputationRep:
    I don't use spoons. I don't like the feel of them in my mouth.
    Soups always have to be in a mug, or I just avoid the spoonable foods.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neutralmilkhotel)
    ..... uh what?
    Problem?

ReputationRep:
    Well, apparently putting butter on your pasta makes you a FREAK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boobies.)
    I dont sleep, hence i'm ugly?
    ?
    You're the exception. :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addylad)
    You're the exception. :love:
    Thankyauuu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salty_candy)
    i drink from a glass as though there has been an invisible cross drawn over the top, and i have to drink from one of the points then the opposite one, then the other two, otherwise i get really annoyed and want to throw the glass across the room.
    You are a pervert lunatic and I like it. Pure. Love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    Really, i just smother them with a pillow...leaves no bruises you should try it!
    Murderer.

ReputationRep:
    I play tennis left handed but badminton right handed, and with table tennis I can use either hand. If I try to use my left hand for badminton however I just can't seem to get the hang of it, likewise I find it impossible to use my right hand in tennis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    The UK and Republic of Ireland are in Europe. :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    The UK and Republic of Ireland are in Europe. :pierre:
    what i said was meant as 2 different points, it just came out that way badly structure i guess

ReputationRep:
    I love cold tea. Sometimes I'll make a cup of tea before going to bed and leave it by the side of the bed so I can wake up and drink it cold in the morning (yes I know I'm a disgusting human being).
    I love to eat with my hands! especially stuff that isn't meant to be eaten with hands. like, how else are you meant to eat salad? Like that bit in the Bell Jar. Speaking of which, like... 80% of everything I say is a pop culture reference hah i'm waiting to meet someone who gets them all.
    I used to have like ~OCD~ sort of, not like "omg all things on my desk must be tidy im so ocd lol!!!" just like, if somebody said the word "and" in a conversation with me I had to hold my breath until they said "and" again. Same if somebody said "and" in a book/on the radio/tv programme etc.. jesus..
    Hrm what else. I love to stand on the very edge of the train platform so I can feel the wind when the train goes past but I'm scared everybody thinks I'm trying to kill myself.
    Also I'm just about the most superstitious person I know! No shoes on tables! Umbrellas open indoors is terrifying, especially when it's raining and everyone at school brings an umbrella in and leaves them open to dry... D:
    if I spill salt I have to throw some over my left shoulder, I have to salute every singular magpie I see.. etc.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.