Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    arghh i got a place at falmouth doing graphic design, still doesn't seem real aha, cant wait to start now, anyone else doing graphic design on here ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ash91)
    arghh i got a place at falmouth doing graphic design, still doesn't seem real aha, cant wait to start now, anyone else doing graphic design on here ?
    yep im doing graphics too so excited to start!! i'm already at falmouth doing my foundation, literally love the place...you should be very excited! have you sorted out accomodation yet?

ReputationRep:
    ahh really im doing a foundation atm as well, in wales though, i wanted to do it in falmouth but i couldnt fund it :'( but i'll be there in septemeber now anyways aha, and yeah i really cant wait to get started now , and nope not yet, im waiting for an email or summat so i can begin it, student finance is done though

ReputationRep:
    aah cool. are you from wales? i love welsh people..havent met many in fal yet. you going to apply for tremough yeah? i've been in tuke this year...its definatly not as luxurious, haha.

ReputationRep:
    I am from Wales, possibly one of the worst parts as well so I can't wait to leave :/ aha, and yeah Ima go to tremough for the double bed lol, don't think I can go back to a single now lmaoo, I was going to apply for tule though because it's a bit cheaper but I heard it's mainly for foundation students so I'll give it a miss, dosent sound very nice anyways lol

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from Falmouth for photography, yay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katrinapeel)
    anyone doing graphics?
    i'm already at falmouth doing my foundation, just accepted my place to stay on for the graphic design degree. falmouth is so amazing...i never want to leave, haha. you should all be very excited for next year...got any questions about the place, i'll be happy to help. x
    Hi im starting at falmouth in september, cant wait i want to apply for accomodation now, but really cant decide! just wondering what your opinion on the accomodation was? sorry to be so vague, but i live 8 hours away from falmouth, so need any inside help i can get thanks! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GildedButterfly)
    Hi im starting at falmouth in september, cant wait i want to apply for accomodation now, but really cant decide! just wondering what your opinion on the accomodation was? sorry to be so vague, but i live 8 hours away from falmouth, so need any inside help i can get thanks! x
    Where are you from? Fellow far awayer here. Which accommodation were you looking at applying for? Glasney looks really nice, but apparently Park View (or something like that) is the place to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GildedButterfly)
    Hi, I would reccomend applying for Glasney...its where the majority of the first years will live. Its also pretty damn nice as far as halls go. Is your course based at Tremough or Woodlane? Mines based at Woodlane which is in town, so a 20 mins bus ride but if you're a fresher and dont want to miss out on all the fun living at Tremough (Glasney Parc halls) would be the best. I'm currently staying in Tuke House as i'm a foundation student, its great being in town but not sure as i first year i would want to live with all the foundationers again. I dont know much about The View, again it is based in town..but think its a fairly small complex. If you do want to apply for Glasney i would reccomend doing it soon to avoid having to share a room..unless you dont mind sharing.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

Ive got a place for Graphic Design, but as the other Uni's I applied to replied so late I'm only just sorting out my accommodation now :s And not sure where to apply either, seeing as I'll be studying at Woodlane, but love Glasney (seeing as loads of 1st years will be there and I dont want to miss out/ not get to know people)... plus, as I've left it so late I'll be sharing a room, which wouldn't be my first choice...

Any help anyone?

Looking forward to starting and meeting everyone in September

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadiceCity)
    whens yours for now then?
    i'm applying for graphics too and my interview is on the 9th of feb, one of my friends is on the same day as me and another person is on the 16th of feb.
    i wonder why they are always wednesdays?

anyway, goodluck!
    Sorry didnt reply in so long! Hope your interview went well! Where are you planning on going in September? They rescheduled mine for late march so I was worried lots of places would have been filled but by some miracle I got in! so I've made Falmouth my first choice now
    And thank you for your help

ReputationRep:
    Any one accepted an offer for illustration at falmouth .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmdeacon)
    Hiya,

Ive got a place for Graphic Design, but as the other Uni's I applied to replied so late I'm only just sorting out my accommodation now :s And not sure where to apply either, seeing as I'll be studying at Woodlane, but love Glasney (seeing as loads of 1st years will be there and I dont want to miss out/ not get to know people)... plus, as I've left it so late I'll be sharing a room, which wouldn't be my first choice...

Any help anyone?

Looking forward to starting and meeting everyone in September

x
    Hi,

If you really dont want a shared room then there is the option of staying at Tuke House, i'm currently staying in Tuke as im a foundation student..its location is really handy, about 10 mins up the hill to woodlane, about 10/15mins to gylly beach and you can just walk home after a night out. However i know some 1st years living here and the majority of them do regret not staying up at Tremough (Glasney Halls)...you would kinda miss out on freshers fornight and would have to befriend all the foundationers, haha but thats not really an issue..unless you're not a fan of the crazy art kid type. I've heard that it is quite likley that after the first term of sharing a room at tremough you will get the option to move into your own room, so if its only the first 10 weeks of term i guess sharing wouldnt be too bad. Also glasney halls are quite luxurious compared to tuke. Hope this kinda helps....im doing graphic design next year too, so guess i'll see you in september. Also i noticed you're from Bristol, i live like 30 mins away in a town called Malmesbury (probably never heard of it, its pretty small). x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katrinapeel)
    Hi,

If you really dont want a shared room then there is the option of staying at Tuke House, i'm currently staying in Tuke as im a foundation student..its location is really handy, about 10 mins up the hill to woodlane, about 10/15mins to gylly beach and you can just walk home after a night out. However i know some 1st years living here and the majority of them do regret not staying up at Tremough (Glasney Halls)...you would kinda miss out on freshers fornight and would have to befriend all the foundationers, haha but thats not really an issue..unless you're not a fan of the crazy art kid type. I've heard that it is quite likley that after the first term of sharing a room at tremough you will get the option to move into your own room, so if its only the first 10 weeks of term i guess sharing wouldnt be too bad. Also glasney halls are quite luxurious compared to tuke. Hope this kinda helps....im doing graphic design next year too, so guess i'll see you in september. Also i noticed you're from Bristol, i live like 30 mins away in a town called Malmesbury (probably never heard of it, its pretty small). x
    Ah cool thanks! I think I was over reacting about the shared room thing anyway haha Ive actually already applied to The View but I heard its full so I'll probably be at Tremough sharing which im happy about now
    You've really helped though, thank you!
    And awesome! Looking forward to it? Are you doing a foundation at falmouth? (You seemed to know a lot about the place) Or is it just knowing current students?
    Thanks for the help
    x

ReputationRep:
    I've almost finished my first year studying English with Media Studies... I think the course is really dynamic in terms of its flexibility.. Its structured so that everyone does 2 core units and then chooses either a media/ creative writing option... You can switch between the two and in effect build your own degree... All the staff are very knowledgeable and experienced and the subject matter really gets you thinking in a different way. The area itself is very nice, as far as night life goes its not on par with a city but theres still plenty to do! One piece of advice, stock up on 20p coins as you will need them for the laudrette!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yesmate)
    hi has anyone got in to do fine art ?
    many thanks
    I have
    I'm so excited, i cant wait.
    where abouts are you living?

lowenna coad
    x

ReputationRep:
    anyone else staying at mariime studios?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Eden)
    I've almost finished my first year studying English with Media Studies... I think the course is really dynamic in terms of its flexibility.. Its structured so that everyone does 2 core units and then chooses either a media/ creative writing option... You can switch between the two and in effect build your own degree... All the staff are very knowledgeable and experienced and the subject matter really gets you thinking in a different way.
    This is great news to hear!
    i just accepted place to start learning english and media studies in falmouth this sept, only need two C's! fingers crossed! xx

ReputationRep:
    Woo English with Creative Writing in September - 3 Bs needed :P

Applying for bunk bed sharing room at Glasney!

ReputationRep:
    Bunk beds!?

i applied for the view accomdation, its a little out but you get your own room and its closer to sea.
    we'd be in same english class!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.