Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Letter to your younger self. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Dear LaughingBro at age 10 and 3 quarters,

We are pleased to announce that you have been accepted to study at Hogwarts School of witchcraft and wizardry. Nah just joking mate! Can't believe you fell for that, it just a story! But I have used some 'dark magic' to be able to send this letter back in time

Back in time I hear you asked? You won't believe me but this letter is from yourself at year 2010! Yes you! Wait! Don't rip this letter yet hear me out, there's no harm in that innit!

Basically don't go to ***** School coz it's chav ridden. Don't be friends with ***** coz he's a tosser.
    Do go on TSR. Do buy the lottery ticket this week, the winning numbers are 8, 11, 21, 27, 34, 39. And do burn this letter.
    Merry Xmas and a happy new year!
    Yours sincerely,
    You.

ReputationRep:
    Dear 15 year old me, it turns out she does like you/me

ReputationRep:
    Dear Anna,

Stop giving a ****. It will work out ok on the whole. *****es will be *****es. Rise above it, you'll turn out better than them anyway and winning in life is better than winning in school.
    Also, don't let your family go back to that hell hole war zone.

Love,
    You

ReputationRep:
    Dear 13 year old atomic man,

Don't bother with trying to be cool, you end up loving yourself , plus their not worth it. You do great, so not much to say. Oh yeah, atleast try and do well in year 9 (we both know we're capable), even though MsJ is a *****, so that you can do triple science - that extra GCSE is valuable. Stop playing MMO's, you will have to score 97%+ to average an A* in both englishes beacause you CBF to do your coursework as you were too busy raiding and pvping >_>. You come out of it okay, so don't worry. Read more books too, turns out they are fun :P especially science.

You, 16 years old

ReputationRep:
    Erm,
    Be grateful that you don't have to endure the seemingly tortured adolesence of most TSR users!

When you first drink with friends, please do it in moderation. Please.

Also - don't be such a cocky little ****.

ReputationRep:
    To favouriteworstnightmare, age 16.

Your first proper boyfriend won't be worth it. Don't let him walk all over you, don't accept second best, you're worth more than that. Don't let him blame you for everything, it'll bring down your confidence in the long run. Get rid of him, there's something better just around the corner.

Tell your friend what's going on, she won't forgive you otherwise. Be more outgoing, yes it's hard sometimes, but you're able to do it.

Don't take things out on your mum. She's only there to help.
    And your second proper boyfriend, he's a keeper, he appreciates you for who you are, and loves you, not despite, but because of your flaws.

From favouriteworstnightmare, age 18.

ReputationRep:
    Aged 11

Dear ProfessorS,

Don't be naive! Things aren't always what they seem to be, people change, friends come and go, looks fade. You can't change the minds of ignorant people so don't waste your time, nor can you take on the world single-handedly.

There'll be good and bad times and you will make mistakes, don't beat yourself up over them, because the mistakes will make you realise things and at the end of the day, they make you you. Have faith & hope, and please, please never ever give up!

Come GCSE time, don't pick up a textbook two weeks before the exam and do your coursework earlier! Also, it's okay to have a small circle of friends and be on your own at times. Work hard, it pays off in the end.

I'll stop now, I'm sure you'll see the rest for yourself. Again always remember this: HARD WORK PAYS OFF IN THE END!

P.S you're special in your own way

Aged 16

ReputationRep:
    15 year old me:

Stop whining and worrying about stuff, that deep down, you know doesn't matter

ReputationRep:
    Dear TheCrackFox,

When faced with the choice of clicking on a bull**** pointless thread titled "Letter to your younger self" that sounds like a task for Year 8 English students, please don't. That is all.

P.S. Where'd you put the remote?

ReputationRep:
    Dear me at aged 12,

Keep at it.

Yours,

me at aged 17

ReputationRep:
    16 year old me,

Get as much contact time with members of the opposite sex as you can.

ReputationRep:
    Dear 14 year old me,

Stop caring. You know that they're wrong, they probably know they're wrong and if they don't then it's their problem. But remember what they're like because it will motivate you to do something about the world. In two or three years you'll start to like that guy again and you'll have a feeling that he likes you. Everyone else thinks it so do something about it before it's too late - if you don't go for it before you leave school then you'll end up making a mess of it. Trust me. Work really, really hard but party really hard too. Go out, get drunk, kiss boys. Kiss lots of boys. Know what it's like to come into school with a hangover whilst you're still underage. Fight for what you want because you'll get it. If you want to change then do it or you'll always resent your parents for making decisions that you stuck to. Learn another language, but properly, don't believe that what they're teaching you at school is really sticking. You would be a lot happier if you were bilingual by 18. Start putting money into savings now, you'll appreciate it. LEarn to drive as soon as you're 17. Braces are worth it. Go and see The Strokes live whilst they still play smaller venues or you'll have a wait another five years (don't worry if you can't though cos it was worth the wait).

All the best,
    Me, 2010.

ReputationRep:
    Dear my younger self,

Get some decent friends, ditch those who arent, don't listen to the bullies, embrace your identity, try and make decissions for yourself and for goodness sake get a back bone and learn to say NO! Most of all, enjoy being young and get out more.

Regards from your older ( full of regret) self

ReputationRep:
    "Dear teenage Miraclefish:

Put money on the following sporting events..."

ReputationRep:
    Dear Ayostunner !

Stop eating and exercise , you;ll start getting fat from the age 12 onwards ...STOP EATING!

Oh yea and stop obsessing over medicine, it's not for you
    Also my darling from the ages 13-15 , watch your steps and dont steal!

P.S - Forget micheal , he's a *******, wait for g instead

Love
    Future you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Dear Self - Aged 13,

Never, ever, think that not caring makes things easier. It may seem that way, but it just makes it all the harder to find a reason to... Exist. Even when it seems hard, or if it feels like there is no one to care about... There always is... And you should appreciate that... For which I know you do. Just make sure YOU know you do.
    In the end, things turn out like that fairy-tale... You just need imagination to see it that way. Everything you care about falls into place, but it took so much longer because, even for that one second, you thought about not caring... That is never the way. Caring may hurt... It may leave you in agony... But its better than the emptiness of knowing you lost all those who you could care about.
    Remember... It is ALWAYS better to care enough to lose everything than to not care at all... And have nothing.

Yours Most Caring,
    Myself - Aged 18
    That was a beautiful letter, I am actually in tears. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Dear 15 year old me,

Yes, your girlfriend is pretty hot. Give it a few years, and after much emotional conflict she'll take her top off while on your bed because she wants you. Ignore the fact that the two of you have broken up then got back together several times, the emotional struggle was worth it because damn that girl has a nice rack.
    Oh, and do the honourable thing in 3 years time, and NOT show up to her house while you're still drunk from the night before, you ****ing idiot.

Much love, 20 year old me.

Dear 25 year old me,

If you've stopped smoking and drinking so much, then congratulations, you've got a girlfriend.
    If you haven't done those things, then you're probably either still drinking too much or you died during a trip because you thought you'd respawn in the kitchen if you tried flying. Either way, congratulations.

Much love, 20 year old me.

ReputationRep:
    Dear 12 year old me,
    Enjoy being 12! Years 8 and 9 will be the best of your life, and things, in time, will get much worse. Be free and don't care so much about what other people think. Eat healthily and do more exercise, to lose some weight. You'll be thankful. When it gets to Year 10, work harder than ever before. Try hard in the subjects you don't like, it will pay off. Promise. Have more confidence, oh and don't get involved with XXXX. She may seem lovely to start with, but in the end you will regret it, and she may just ruin everything . Learn who you can trust and who you can't. Try to smile more! Oh and music will SAVE YOU. Things are about to get much worse, so please enjoy life for now.
    Love Emily, Aged 15

ReputationRep:
    Dear Michael Locke, 11.
    1: Hit 'John' the moment he starts being a ****, or else you'll have to endure bullying for four years before you snap and hit him anyway.
    2: Talk to more girls, you're not as ugly as you think. The girls who ask you out in the next few years are NOT making fun of you.
    3: Stand up for yourself more in general. I never did and ended up learning the hard way.
    4: While your school is ****, you should man up and bear it. I've done alright but I think things will be much better if you don't end up achieving the absolute minimum like I have.

Yours sincerely,

Michael Locke, 20.

ReputationRep:
    This has to be the best thread ever.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.