Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm sick being treated like a piece of meat at clubs. . . Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawBore)
    'Assault' does not have to entail touching, and this has been the case for some time. It is causing the apprehension of immediate harm, not causing that harm. For example, raising my fist to you and stopping a fraction of an inch from your face would still be assault, regardless of contact.
    Wonderful.

ReputationRep:
    Some girls like it, nay, encourage it, not all of them though. Just don't go on the dancefloor where there's pervs about;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Did you actually bother to read the ****ing OP?
    yes I read it and it is the same old **** that gets regurgitated over and over again. I have seen these types of girls who go clubbing then moan about men then go again to the same club. surely if she receives such attention she should not go??

ReputationRep:
    You would get it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    There is such thing as girls just being targeted for no reason.
    there is also such a thing as self respect that would not let one get into a situation where one would get trapped. if it was as bad as she describes she would not go. there is a million ways to have a good time without getting one's self into unpleasant situations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinshed)
    why do you like being degraded so? you go to a club and have men grope you like you said and yet you insist on going to such places. why?! I would never stand for such behaviour from anyone, ever and it has never happened to me. I am sorry but I stand by what I said - if you don't want such attention then dress accordingly. I can understand that you want to go out looking good but is this type of humiliation and treatment by these men worth it? and if you are going just to listen to music and have a good time with your friends then why go though all that, why can't you just dress like you are going for a coffee? you don't necessarily have to go looking like a tramp. I go to clubs wearing jeans, t-shirt and some flat shoes so that I can walk home in comfort. in clubs I see some girls dressed like they are desperate, forgive me for saying, and that makes me feel sick.
    Well, many people say that women (and presumably men) should be able to wear whatever they wish, no matter how revealing and be free from leering, assault, attention etc.

Surely the solution would for a company to come into the market offering female-only clubs (maybe with males being able to access with invitation only from a female attendee). This would minimize the amount of attention that certain females receive from men that they (apparently) do not wish to receive?
    • TSR Support Team

there is also such a thing as self respect that would not let one get into a situation where one would get trapped. if it was as bad as she describes she would not go. there is a million ways to have a good time without getting one's self into unpleasant situations.
    Some people simply wanna go for a dance and a laugh, you can't account for some stupid guys who think it's a good idea to grope a girl.

You could become a violent drunk?! Ha ha not the best solution, but if a guy slaps my ass I immediately go wappy and it pisses me off! Bloody annoying when you really don't wanna pull and you get guys with their hands all over you...if you've got nails they can become useful in those situations...just grab their hands and give them a "polite" message to their face!

However, not all guys are like this! Sometimes they'll approach you, try and dance and if you are clearly not interested either politely say so, or turn your back! Most will probably leave, you only get the occasional guy who refuses to leave!

And people saying "go somewhere else"...why should she?! Sometimes a club will have brilliant music, good atmosphere and cheap drinks, and you shouldn't have to drop it and go somewhere else just because one ******** ruins it for everyone else!

I've been spiked before...I was lucky though, I don't think some horrible guy did it to rape me, I think some horrible person did it for a laugh...which isn't uncommon. I ended up on the floor outside some club, ambulance there and everything. Fortunately a group of other friends-my so-called "friends" had left me, despite me being in a complete state-saw me on the floor and rang my dad, who picked me up, thank god.

ReputationRep:
    Take up martial arts or any form of slef defence. Then beat the **** out of anyone who comes near you once you have given them warning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    Well, many people say that women (and presumably men) should be able to wear whatever they wish, no matter how revealing and be free from leering, assault, attention etc.

Surely the solution would for a company to come into the market offering female-only clubs (maybe with males being able to access with invitation only from a female attendee). This would minimize the amount of attention that certain females receive from men that they (apparently) do not wish to receive?
    believe me women will not go to such clubs. I've got enough neg rep from this thread I don't care any more, but the truth of the situation is no matter what she says she dresses a certain way to GAIN attention. but when it doesn't come from a nice looking guy she has a problem with it. in all my years of clubbing I have never received unwanted attention, ever, and yet I managed to have a good time with my friends.

I am sick to death hearing about this "I'm sick being treated like a piece of meat at clubs" ****. PLEASE tell me why would ANY woman with self respect dress in such a way that she will end up being treated like a piece of meant. furthermore why would she go back clubbing where she will be treated like that over and over again. would this kind of treatment not put her off clubbing?? Yes people should wear what they want but you must also bare in mind that your appearance gives the first impression.

I only clicked on this thread because I thought for once it was written by a guy but after I read it it seriously pissed me off. I have no sympathy for her what so ever. like I have said to others I stand by what I said - if you dress like a slut be prepared to be treated like one. and doesn't matter if they say they don't dress like sluts - if they get this kind of attention then they are clearly doing something wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Did a nice juicy steak just say something?

ReputationRep:
    Some people simply wanna go for a dance and a laugh, you can't account for some stupid guys who think it's a good idea to grope a girl.
    I go clubbing and I never get groped. there are other girls that go clubbing that also don't get groped. I am sorry but I have no sympathy for her.

ReputationRep:
    A friend of mine has once said to a guy in a club "Can you please **** off and find someone easier?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teshnit)
    mmm i wna club you with my meat

try a can of mace and spray them in the face if they try next time lol
    I actually laughed out loud because of this statement. At least for a good 30 seconds as well.

Not proud though.
    • TSR Support Team

I go clubbing and I never get groped. there are other girls that go clubbing that also don't get groped. I am sorry but I have no sympathy for her.
    Maybe you are just lucky you haven't come across the knobheads she has had.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon as I know people on here.

I'm getting really sick of being treated like a piece of meat at clubs. Really sick of it. When I go to a club I don't go to pull, I go there to just chill out with my friends and dance a bit. I really love clubbing for that reason and don't want to stop going. But it seems that everytime I go out at the moment it turns into an unpleasant experience as I end up with loads of creeps following me, touching me, one guy even shoved his tongue down my throat without warning the other night. . . I always say "no" or "f*** off" or "I'm not interested" but still they pursue me, try to grind with me or something else.

Guys just don't take "No" for an answer, even if you say it repeatedly. Hell I even had to slap a guy recently and scream, "GET OFF ME!" and he still pursued me. What can I do?

Now don't get me wrong, if people want to pull at clubs that's fine, that's there call but I never ask for that kind of attention, i.e. I don't wear particularly tight or revealing clothing when I go out to get attention. I also don't drink, or drink that much, mostly because I had a horrible experience recently where my drink got spiked and I was dragged off to some guy's house.

I always thought pulling or meeting someone should be a sub aim of the evening, not the focus to find anything that moves to f***. All I want is to be left alone. And if someone wants to ask me out or hell, even pull me, they can treat me in a respectable manner and not try and pull my skirt up in a club or touch me.

Sorry about the rant. Anyone agree with me? Hell any advice? I really don't want to stop clubbing as I love it.
    Dress like a guy :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

I think people should be able to go out in whatever they want and not be disrespected, also anyone who has actually read my original post would see that I don't actually wear slutty clothes, but still I should be able to wear what I want not have to think as to attract the wrong kind of attention.
    I can't believe some of the replies on here myself! Why shouldn't I wear a nice dress if I want to? Also people seem to forget (or probably because they never go to them) that nightclubs GET HOT! There's hundreds of people crowded on a dancefloor, hence why a girl would rather wear a vest top than a hoodie. (Also some clubs have dress regulations).

Also, some guys ARE JUST DESPERATE and will hit on ANYONE! I went out recently wearing shorts, tights, tshirt and blazer and guys still didn't leave off. I actually got more attention than when I dress in less clothing. Every girl has the right to wear what they want and go where they like! Why should I stop going to the places I like because guys act irresponsibly? By some people's logic on here, a woman who was raped was asking for it by being too provocative. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    It's nice to see a guy sticking up for girls who want some freedom in life

It's the 21st century, girls should be allowed to go where they like without being threatened!

ReputationRep:
    Your logic is equal to "I've always smoked and never got cancer, therefore others shouldn't." Just because you haven't been groped doesn't mean that girls don't get groped for no reason. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    A clever girl goes to the same club and gets friendly with the door staff and if any men give her problems she sets said door staff on the bloke!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.