Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's the most 'impressive' thing you've ever stolen? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Some mangoes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    I'm not condoning theft. You shouldn't do it. I've stolen things in the past and I'm pretty sure many have (and maybe still are) too. Simply out of curiosity, what have you stolen and why? Was it an accidental theft? How expensive/big was the item? I've stolen things like stationary, cosmetics and magazines. Yes I know what you're thinking "what a bad girl: sexface:" But in my defensive, I was very young and carefree. Yes, I know, the things I've stole aren't exactly impressive. So I was just wondering...What have you bad boys and girls ever stolen

Ta ta.

Edit - Not entirely sure why I got a bit of neg rep for this. This thread seems to be quite popular. I’m just trying to make TSR a little bit more entertaining, thas all. But fair enough :dontknow:
    I had a right little Klepto phase when I was about 14/15 - I'd steal silly things like make up, and pretty much anything and everything from Claire's Accessories, that I didn't even want, I'd just give it to my friends, I liked the 'buzz' of getting away with it I guess (how cliché, I know).
    The funny thing is, a few years later I ended up working in Claire's Accessories, and I was really good at spotting shoplifters because I knew exactly what to look for!

The most amusing thing I've been an 'accessory' to stealing was a bench (it had flags on it!) from the grounds of the private school that was en route from the pub to the halls I lived in in first year. A bunch of us took it and some of the lads carried it the 20-minute walk back to halls, the security guard found it hilarious and it stayed in our courtyard for about a week!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nayred)
    Probably a book from my school library?
    POLICE!!

ReputationRep:
    About £5.5k in music writing/recording/processing software.

ReputationRep:
    Me and my friend Alan stole a traffic cone from the motorway near a hotel I worked at and he was living, equidistant from London and Norwich. Anyway, the police caught us and I ran away through a nearby field, he lied and said he needed to be sick in it. Was a good night.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to go into too much detail, but let's just say that if I had been caught I would have faced 6 months' imprisonment or a fine not exceeding £5000.

ReputationRep:
    One of those giant Toblerone bars which are ridiculously long. Had it in my hand and walked out completely forgetting I had it until I got in my car. At which point I thought sod it, had a nibble and drove off.

ReputationRep:
    Probably a handbag. Pieces of jewellry....

Smaller stuff that it's easier to get away with generally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i.am.lost)
    I don't want to go into too much detail, but let's just say that if I had been caught I would have faced 6 months' imprisonment or a fine not exceeding £5000.
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    :lolwut:
    Yeah. That's why I don't want to just blurt it out on a forum :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Ooh and I also stole a clock from my school with the school's logo on it - its still in the kitchen at my mom's house, 4 years later

ReputationRep:
    I once stole a white chocolate Twix out of someone's lunch box in year 8. Suffice to say, I felt awful after scoffing it. Actually, it's still on my conscience. I should atone and buy him a six pack Twixs sometime...

When I was younger I tricked a few vending machines in my favour. Basically I used to press all the buttons and sometimes it gives you more than one item. I remember when we got 6 bottles of pop for 1 from the school vending machine once, it was like Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcaneAnna)
    Guilty? For what?
    Stealing from this corporate world? Nopes.
    You're an idiot.
    That is all.

ReputationRep:
    this laptop im using now bruv

ReputationRep:
    An antique candle holder from my teacher in year 4. She made everyone get their school bags out and went through them individually. When she found it in mine she asked how it got there, i turned around and said 'it must have grown legs and walked in there', in my cunning little 7 year old mind, i felt this was an excellent alibi.

ReputationRep:
    pokemon ruby, and I never looked back.

ReputationRep:
    Pass.

ReputationRep:
    I'm astounded at how many people have stolen. o.O

ReputationRep:
    An armchair.

ReputationRep:
    someone's virginity

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.