The Student Room Group

Ocr f215: 27/1/11

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Right lemme start with types of Muscles: Skeletal muscles,cardiac Muscle,Smooth muscle.

(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by ibysaiyan
Right lemme start with types of Muscles: Skeletal muscles,cardiac Muscle,Smooth muscle.

Good Luck for tomorrow!

I havent done any revision so going to read through the textbook thoroughly. Ha!
Reply 162
Original post by Chunkeymonkey62
Good Luck for tomorrow!

I havent done any revision so going to read through the textbook thoroughly. Ha!

Thanks.Ask me anything minus animal behavior.. I have yet finish that AHHHHHHHHHHHHH
And good luck to you too.
(edited 13 years ago)
Good Luck for tomorrow!

Good luck!!
Not looking forward too it in all honesty, the stuff aint hard too learn, but the "suggest" questions arrrrgh annoy me lol but then again there is the AVP mark so im just going to state the obvious xD
Thanks.Ask me anything minus animal behavior.. I have yet finish that AHHHHHHHHHHHHH
And good luck to you too.

Ive planned out my last few hours till the exam lol!!
My revision starts in 45 mins, just going to go over every topic and every question in text books and make some AS notes as well that should be done in about 4 hours! :s-smilie:

Then rest of the time just going to hammer past papers till 1:30am then 7hours sleep and off to do the exam...
Reply 165
Original post by mathsclown
Ive planned out my last few hours till the exam lol!!
My revision starts in 45 mins, just going to go over every topic and every question in text books and make some AS notes as well that should be done in about 4 hours! :s-smilie:

Then rest of the time just going to hammer past papers till 1:30am then 7hours sleep and off to do the exam...

Same here.. I woke up 3 am .So though I ma feeling drowsy now.. i will try to finish animal behaviour.Then take a little break.Have a quick go through the while book until 2pm ish ? or maybe 3... then the next 2 hours of past papers.I did genetics like 3 weeks ago,gonna do them again. 3 weeks is quite sometime.Not to mention I have to go to work like for hour and a half <_< beh... but yea sleep is a must!
As you can see the state of my mind from my typing... LOL...
Same here.. I woke up 3 am .So though I ma feeling drowsy now.. i will try to finish animal behaviour.Then take a little break.Have a quick go through the while book until 2pm ish ? or maybe 3... then the next 2 hours of past papers.I did genetics like 3 weeks ago,gonna do them again. 3 weeks is quite sometime.Not to mention I have to go to work like for hour and a half <_< beh... but yea sleep is a must!
As you can see the state of my mind from my typing... LOL...

Lool, yup, are your genetic questions on the web? Done all the ones in my past paper pack yesterday
Yup sleep is really important especially since it gets our parasympathetic nervous system working haha xD
I see your a dragonball Z fan, wish we could go super saiyan and just blast the ocr headquarters place LOL
Reply 167
Lool, yup, are your genetic questions on the web? Done all the ones in my past paper pack yesterday
Yup sleep is really important especially since it gets our parasympathetic nervous system working haha xD
I see your a dragonball Z fan, wish we could go super saiyan and just blast the ocr headquarters place LOL

I so damn wish.
How much did you get last time? I got a D :s-smilie: wanna ace it this time!
Genetics questions? like which one
I so damn wish.
How much did you get last time? I got a D :s-smilie: wanna ace it this time!
Genetics questions? like which one

Ehm like punnett square questions and stuff on variation from past papers
I got a D as well :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 169
Ehm like punnett square questions and stuff on variation from past papers
I got a D as well :frown:

Yea.. try this website : http://www.freeexampapers.com/past_papers.php?l=Past_Papers/A+Level/
OH and this :

http://www.fileserve.com/file/4Dj9XFD
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 171
Thanks a ton! :smile:

Np.I wish there was stuff for module one on that pack.I will need to hunt for it.I am sure it was somewhere posted...
:/
Np.I wish there was stuff for module one on that pack.I will need to hunt for it.I am sure it was somewhere posted...
:/

Found them :biggrin:
Anyways im off now going to do some solid reivision up until the exam, so good luck!!
Can someone explain the last 2 pages of module 1?
(edited 13 years ago)
Can someone explain the last 2 pages of module 1?

Species
Biological species conecept: a species is a group of similar organisms that can reproduce fertile offspring and are reproductively isolated from other such groups.

This causes problems because, not all species reproduce sexually, males may appear different from the females, members of the same species may appear different from one another

Phylogenetic species concept, species is a group of similar organisms that have similar, physiology, morphology, embroyology and behaviour and occupy the same ecological niche. This concept relates to the evolutionary reltionship between species, or phylogeny.
Haplotypes (specific base sequences) can be collected from chromosomes of specific organisms and they can be analysed. Organisms that share more similar base pairs will be more related to each other than others, this is a clade(a group of biological species or taxa that have inherited features from a common ancestor)
Features of a clade: all valid taxa must be monophyletic (the ancestor with all its descendant species), it focuses on placing importance on: evolutionary links, quantative and objective analysis, rna and dna sequencing, using computer programmes and the data from nucleic acid sequencing to produce dendograms and cladograms that represent the evolutionary tree of life.

Natural selection - agent: environment, features selected: those to do with fitness, effect of allele freq: alters, effect on evolution: contributes to it, process is slow

Aritifical selection - agent: breeder, features selected: those that benefit commercially, to sellers and consumers, single traits may just be chosen, effect on alle freq: alters it, quick process

Examples are progeny testing and the artifical breeding to produce the modern bread wheat

hope that helps :smile: was all frm memory so might be missing some things, havent gone over it yet :wink:
Reply 175
Anyone help me out?
Genetic Diagrams...
I can work out F1 phenotype...

But how do you work out F2?
Cr=red Cw=white
Two pure breeding strains of snapdragon, a garden plant, were obtained. One strain had red flowers and the other had white flowers. The two strains were crossed yielding F1 plants all with pink flowers. The F1 were then interbred to produce F2 plants with the following colours:
red 62
pink 131
white 67
The following hypothesis was proposed:
Flower colour is controlled by a single gene with two codominant alleles.
Reply 176
Predictions for tomorrow paper anyone?
Original post by aimz08
Anyone help me out?
Genetic Diagrams...
I can work out F1 phenotype...

But how do you work out F2?
Cr=red Cw=white
Two pure breeding strains of snapdragon, a garden plant, were obtained. One strain had red flowers and the other had white flowers. The two strains were crossed yielding F1 plants all with pink flowers. The F1 were then interbred to produce F2 plants with the following colours:
red 62
pink 131
white 67
The following hypothesis was proposed:
Flower colour is controlled by a single gene with two codominant alleles.

Hmmmm, if they are coodiminat then both the alleles contribute to the phenotype, if the f1 generation produced all pink then the genotype will be CrCw crossing this (CrCw x CrCw) gives the genotypes CrCw, CrCr and CwCw in the ratio 2pink:1white:1red

hope that helps :smile:
Quick epistasis question can homozygous recessive ever mask the expression of a dominant homozygous or heterzygous at the 2nd locus?
Edit: Doesnt matter figued it out
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 179
Seriously struggling ahhhhhhh
Had a really bad chemistry paper this morning and now this :s-smilie:

Any tips...anything particular I should learn?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending