Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are there any girls who have decided they never want to have kids? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Nope! I like kids, but other people's! They are funny with their innocent little comments, and they can be cute. But THEN you get the , whining, screaming, snotty noses tantrums and nappy changing! That's when I hand them back haha!

I will admit, I am just a bit too selfish to want kids, I would like to have holidays, travel, a nice car, nice flat and not dedicate my entire life to someone as dependent as a child. That's just me being honest!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    It's just so easy for the guy, isn't it? You just do your shagging and continue your career...
    the way nature intended
    **** that, I'd rather die alone as opposed to putting my career on hold
    Im guessing you live to work rather than working to live

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely, I have no desire whatsoever for children and never have done. Luckily I have 2 siblings, so hopefully one of those will provide grandchildren for my mum and dad, and take the pressure off me!

ReputationRep:
    All the female medical students after the Human Development module we just had. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Nice to know I'm not the only one, people generally think that I'm either a) weird or b) that it's "just a phase" and I'll change my mind, so it's nice to see others feel the same way.

I don't mind kids and I can have fun playing with other people's for an hour or two (good job really considering I'm working as an au pair atm! :p:) but babies freak me out, giving birth would be HORRIBLE and, above all, I'm far too selfish. Children take over your life, and I would always want to be able to put myself and my career first, which wouldn't be fair on them :no: I have no interest in getting married and I'm not that bothered about relationships, so the keeping a man side of it doesn't really bother me either, although I guess if I met someone special it might be an issue.

(Original post by Altruistic1)
      Feminism is nice but you're missing the bigger picture.

You're a girl. Your genes have developed (through your ancestry line) to put you in a better position than a man to look after your child in the environment you're in. The breast milk (which only mothers produce) is scientifically-proven to be much better for a child than bottled milk. And men? I've never seen a man lactate himself for a baby... hopefully I never will, lol.

Some men do look after the child while their women work... but it's really selling the baby short.. and you'd only be looking after the baby for a couple of years anyway until school/nursery starts, it's not a massive deal.
      Not a massive deal? :facepalm2: Yeah, it's so easy to "put your career on hold".

No way. I'd rather not get pregnant/married in the first place if this is the life you expect me to live.

(Original post by Lewroll)
        Yeah, and what's wrong with that?

(Original post by xmarilynx)
          Nice to know I'm not the only one, people generally think that I'm either a) weird or b) that it's "just a phase" and I'll change my mind, so it's nice to see others feel the same way.

I don't mind kids and I can have fun playing with other people's for an hour or two (good job really considering I'm working as an au pair atm! :p:) but babies freak me out, giving birth would be HORRIBLE and, above all, I'm far too selfish. Children take over your life, and I would always want to be able to put myself and my career first, which wouldn't be fair on them :no: I have no interest in getting married and I'm not that bothered about relationships, so the keeping a man side of it doesn't really bother me either, although I guess if I met someone special it might be an issue.
          Do what you want to do, not what your man instructs you do to. If he does, he isn't "special". A special man would respect your wishes.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by im so academic)
          Yeah, and what's wrong with that?
          Theres nothing wrong with it

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Lewroll)

Totally.

ReputationRep:
          I think everyone will just have to wait and see if the biological clock kicks in and minds are changed

ReputationRep:
          I get the feeling that most of the females saying they don't want kids will eventually give in once they're approaching 40 and their family and friends are asking them questions. I doubt they're mentally strong enough to give a straight-up answer once the questions start, they'll probably go ahead and do it just to fit in.

Submit reply
        TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2011
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.