Me neither!!:tee:

ReputationRep:
    Firmed for BSc Geography

ReputationRep:
    Archaeology firmer! Blaaa excited :gah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EasyA)
    Firmed UCL
    Although I have an odd feeling I might not get in and will have to study at Warwick
    B.Eng and I have taken Ramsay ( or chosen actually..will add a sticky note to my residence application)
    congraz! I am sure you'll do just fine) What course have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    Not really sure if I should be posting in here, but I've insured UCL for maths. There's a high chance I'll end up here though!

ReputationRep:
    Firmed UCL today! LLB this September, hopefully

ReputationRep:
    Firmed UCL Computer Science Unconditional Can't wait xD Gd luck to everyone doing exams, you can do it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dj9)
    Firmed UCL Computer Science Unconditional Can't wait xD Gd luck to everyone doing exams, you can do it!
    Congraz! Good to have unconditional But I'll meet my offer requrements too and will be studying with you man) Hope to see you next september!

hey! thanks
    EEE
    have you firmed UCL? if so what course?
    Yup) You can check my sig! I know other two guys who are going to study EEE! Maybe you will become friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EasyA)
    Thats awesome! I hope there are girls in EEE.Not that it's awkward having guys around but isn't EEE generally dominated by guys?
    All Math/Physics realted courses are mostly occupied by guys) But there are always some girls. But it depends, as there are different girls
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EasyA)
    Thats awesome! I hope there are girls in EEE.Not that it's awkward having guys around but isn't EEE generally dominated by guys?
    Do a module in psychology - something like 4:1 girls:boys :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EasyA)
    i am a girl studying EEE this september .. i met another girl on my interview day as well. There were only 2 of us in that group but im sure there will be more. look forward to seeing you in sept!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EasyA)
    Haha I like EEE but I really wonder whats the crowd like.
    Are you guys excited for Freshers? Months left but I'm so excited!
    What course are you taking Noodlzz?
    and anyone taking up Ramsay for accom? I know we cant choose but I'm going to add a sticky note requesting them.Maybe they'll be kinder to international students or something.
    I'll be doing psychology

Hoping for Connaught hall, it's about 30 secs from the department

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EasyA)
    Have you guys ever seen pictures of the Engineering lecture halls or anything related? Like students..I'm getting impatient and I'd really like to know what I'm getting into.
    Subject related stuff seems fine for me since I've done OOP in C++ ( not in java) and i'm pretty okay at calculus and stuff
    it's the crowd that's scaring me.I've never been to Europe and I've hardly met Brits but I'm sure Engineering will have a lot of international students?
    I think so) I am Russian, and I met a lot of other intrentaional students on interview day. So don't worry It's really cool here
    Are you guys excited for Freshers?
    Hell yeah, I am excited!!! Just thinking about university life and everything that I would be able to do just makes me crazy! Can't wait to pass exams and start looking for decent apartment( Actually I found a lot already, but actual searching will start only after I get unconditional)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dark Alukard)
    Congraz! Good to have unconditional But I'll meet my offer requrements too and will be studying with you man) Hope to see you next september!
    yoo. thanks yeah it's nice :P awesome for you as well, sounds like you should defo being coming. it's good to chat to someone I will be studying with. have you chosen any accommodation yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naugh123)
    i am a girl studying EEE this september .. i met another girl on my interview day as well. There were only 2 of us in that group but im sure there will be more. look forward to seeing you in sept!
    heyy. how you doing? how did ur jan exams go??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dj9)
    yoo. thanks yeah it's nice :P awesome for you as well, sounds like you should defo being coming. it's good to chat to someone I will be studying with. have you chosen any accommodation yet?
    Hope so Actually I am thinking about renting an apartment as I really want to have my own kitchen. I've been living in accommodation( and going to live till june) all this year and I really want to have my own space as people here really can't at least manage kitchen. I don't mind if there's a little mess, but I am sure It's impossible in accommodation to have decent clean kitchen. anyway there are a lot of reasons, so small, but with kitchen apartment is ideal for me. Even if I will need to go 10-20 min to uni every day

P.S. Also... have you really declined Imperial? Everybody who have UCl and Imperial, choose Imperial in the end!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dj9)
    heyy. how you doing? how did ur jan exams go??
    hey, im good yourself? my exams went better than expected! got 4 As (C3, M1, P1 (resit) and P4).... i was so happy! now just gotta get through these last set of exams in June! do you hold an unconditional offer from UCL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EasyA)
    awesome where are you from? i can't wait for september..although for me its between UCL and Warwick.Like if I can't meet UCL's conditions I'd have to go study at Warwick.My grades weren't that great at all and they put crazy conditions -.- and my final exams for the 2 most important subjects sucked - for everyone actually,even the teachers found the questions crap
    But I'm just keeping hope cause I'd love to study at UCL.I hope they're kind ^^
    heyy, im from london! haha. but im staying on campus though. what conditions did they offer you? which exams did you take in january? what are warwick's conditions? sorry for asking so many questions! im pretty sure they know that you have enough potential to get them grades otherwise they wouldnt have offered you a place!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EasyA)
    hey!! i'm from india but I was born and brought up in Dubai.I'm staying on campus too.Sadly I have to pick a catered hall cause my dad doesn't want me bulking on junk food So he's obviously going to play mind tricks on me so that I don't waste the money he spent on catered hall and I don't go out to eat often
    Actually I've done the Indian curriculum and the exams got over on the 30th of March.Results are out in the last week of May
    Seriously the predicted grades I gave were in the range of 80-86% and they're asking for 90%.I have experience in Robotics though.I was pretty shocked when they took me cause UCL accepts really good students and frankly I don't have the grades for it.Look at what they're asking ^^ My math and physics papers were horrible too..even the tutors/teachers found it bad and time consuming.I really hope they're nice and take me with my less exceptional grades
    Warwick's asking for 85% which is much less.I always thought Warwick was better than UCL in Engineering like UCL is better known for the arts right? I picked UCL cause of the city and Bloomsbury Theatre.

I hope we all meet the conditions and meet eachother in September! What residence are you picking?
    You're not quite right. Warwick is famous for it's economics courses, while engineering there is not so good( I am on Warwick foundation, so I've been in Warwick for countless times and I know what it is like). UCL is good overall, and on tables engineering and IT are lower that other subjects... but I don't think it's accurate. I've been in Imperial and UCL for IT. Everybody says that Imperial is the best for IT, but from my point of view UCL was almost the same with some things even better than Imperial. I don't know about engineering, but I think there may be the same situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EasyA)
    Yeah I've always known Imperial is the best for Engineering.I applied and got rejected and I'm glad I was or else my dad was push me into that.The course and workload is supposed to be really hard and I'm not sure if I could survive in it ^^
    Hm... Yeah it's quite hard here. I was really shocked at start, but then got used to it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.