Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Escriba)
    Oooh my friend has that. It's a great phone!
    I know right? The things I am going to do on that phone :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    I know right? The things I am going to do on that phone :sogood:
    LOL!

Get this :P

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by CB91)
      Because most people cant think for themselves?
      Cool idea!! Can I use it or I have to pay copyright to you?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by blueray)
      Get this :P

wtf is that?

ReputationRep:
      I know, I'm sick to death of kids getting out their little black blackberrys in school, tap tap tapping away on facebook. One buys one, and everyone follows.

ReputationRep:
      I asked someone this question once, and It was because of the obvious BBM pins and stuff, then the fact that Katy Perry has one or something like that.

It does get quite annoying seeing your whole Facebook news feed with "Add my bb pin!" Although, if they like it, they like it. It's all good.

I personally love the iPhone to be honest. Proper Apple fanboy.

ReputationRep:
      Makes it 3000000x easier to sext

(Original post by gleamingsun)
        wtf is that?
        lol its an idea not real yet

This is by far the coolest one yet

ReputationRep:
        I'll just stick to my HTC

ReputationRep:
        I got my Blackberry because my dad said he would pay for my contract (18 months). I was not going to argue.

That said, I am in love with it. The keyboard is amazing, I get my emails, facebook, BBM, and it has a ludicrous battery life.
        I haven't had extensive use of any smartphone bar this and the iPhone, so I am not going to say the Blackberry is the best, but I don't see why so many people are hatin'.
        I don't care about apps one bit, I don't particularly like touchscreens, so why not the Blackberry?

To anyone who says we all got them because other did, and we are mindless sheep: do you have an iPod? Almost everyone has an iPod of some kind. Is it because we are mindless sheep?
        If lots of people have something, others get it because they have seen it, used it, and are assured of its quality.

Blackberry is mainly for emails but htc desire is for everything on the go

ReputationRep:
          When I see a kid under 15 with a blackberry, texting or bbming or whatever, a piece of my soul dies

(Original post by lukejoshjedi)
            When I see a kid under 15 with a blackberry, texting or bbming or whatever, a piece of my soul dies
            Because they have friends? I don't see your point.

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by FXX)
            Nope, it's more of the young kids having smart phones with features they won't use / don't need to use really. 12 or 11 year old with an Iphone, doesn't that just make you wonder why they have it?

BBs are primarily business phones combining things like e-mail, facebook, texting and easier, speedy communication with bbm so it's a little odd when you see a 13 year old with one, why else would they have other than because all their friends have it... and so they can talk all the time

I'm sure most of these kids have Facebook, msn and probably an older phone anyway, a bb seems a bit excessive. But to conclude - it just makes a statement about rampant modern consumerism and spoilt kids, you're 13 or 14, you don't need a blackberry, or an Xbox 360 720GB with Kinect, or an I-pad, they'll just pester their parents for the newest most trendy BB when that's out too

But sure, kids are acting more like grown ups these days or trying to anyway but that's no excuse, am I over-analysing this all a bit too much? Yup. Have I digressed from my original point, yup again. But yes, a piece of soul dies when I see that

ReputationRep:
            It is just a trend that everyone is hooked on .. and like every other trend...this trend will pass out soon with the introduction of cool classy cell phones. Obsession with blackberry is sooo common. Every other person I see is having a blackberry too and they are proud to say that they are addicted to it. :/

Android is so awesome and cool. I think its going to go a BOOM BOOM soon. I love it.

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by JmJtr)
            I got this too a few weeks ago and although I think my old Iphone was better in a lot of thing I do love this phone!

Dont you just love the feeling of the touch screen when typing?!
            Yup! i especially like it for the sure-press thingy...it feels like proper buttons but its touch screen!!

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by yoyo462001)
            This post is full of lol.

1. You hate following the crowd yet you bought an iPhone :facepalm2:
            2. You were stupid enough to buy a BB storm :facepalm2:
            3. You think the Storm is the best BB, it's quite frankly one of the worst phones released in the last few years. Total flop, RIM has abandoned it.

4. Yes on a GOOD touchscreen.

To close the Storm is a joke of a touchscreen phone, if you're going to go BB at least go to what they're good at, i.e. the Bold 9700.

this is what happens when your too fast to say something...first of all he said storm 2 not the first one!! and secondly you say the bold 9700 is better but yet practically everyone whose had it has sent it back for one problem or the other....:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by FXX)
            and this, damnit

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...er-owners.html

people apparently use just like.. 10% of all the apps and features on smartphones, wasted potential. Sums up another point I was making

Yeah thats true

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
            Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
            Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
          • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
            Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.