Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freezombie)
    Happy Christmas! ;-)
    haha :P I think i have an offer though

ReputationRep:
    If i was in england to accomplish the aaa offer could i take math, furter math and additional furter math?

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Chemistry, Worcester

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callupjah)
    Whaat? What are 'the forms'?
    I think the things you need to do differ somewhat between colleges, if nothing was mentioned in your acceptance letter you probably don't need to worry about it

ReputationRep:
    anyone know what Oxford's freshers week is like? I've heard it's more like freshers day then you go straight into work :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rev_pain)
    anyone know what Oxford's freshers week is like? I've heard it's more like freshers day then you go straight into work :/
    So we have to cram a weeks worth of drinking into a day? :lolwut::p:

ReputationRep:
    No economics offers as of yet?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohitronaldo)
    Haha cool, my bad :cool:

I originally applied to Brasenose and then got pooled to Keble for interview.

Thanks and congrats on your offer too! Haha yes it is quite competitve, which makes me wonder if my offer letter is a hoax. I think every course in Oxford has a fair amount of competition and everyone who applies is perfect/near perfect on paper so makes me feel all the more fortunate having received an offer.

Now I just need to work my ass off and meet my conditions. Is your's conditional or unconditional? If its the latter, boy am I so jealous of you.
    I know, it's like.. I have to tell myself everyday that I'm not dreaming we were 21 for 6 places at Keble for my course, I was so intimidated while I was there, but I got along with other CompSci interviewees really well, so there was no such "21 competing for 6 places, aaaah let's battle until death"-atmosphere haha

Oh damn, are they being hard on you with the conditions? well mine isn't unconditional, so don't hate me I have the feeling that their conditions for UK students AAA is easier to be met than any other conditions they give international or EU applicants. For example, the average grade they asked me is achieved by no more than 3% of all secondary school graduates in the country. But since it's below my predicted grades, I'm not complaining

ReputationRep:
    That's not true! It's definitely a whole week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishbel)
    That's not true! It's definitely a whole week.
    The same as other uni's though?

I could swear your signature was different just a second ago :confused:

ReputationRep:
    My friend helps out at her college's Fresher weeks and she always seems bloody busy during the week. I think they have a pretty standard uni fresher, to be honest - societies, lots of drinking and homesickness .

ReputationRep:
    E&M Pembroke

ReputationRep:
    Hiya
    Experimental Psychology at Magdalen here

ReputationRep:
    I love the way you say that as though you're directly relating it to that real-life experience.

"Oh man, this is just like that time I got accepted into Hogwarts!"

ReputationRep:
    PPE offer at Merton college

ReputationRep:
    Math Comp Sci at Worcester

ReputationRep:
    The same as other uni's though?

I could swear your signature was different just a second ago :confused:
    I think so. I mean, I'm not an expert in any sort of fresher's week but I'm fairly confident there's no work set, other than stuff you've been given in advance to prepare for starting.

As for the sig, I realised I hadn't changed it for ages so updated it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dothesnowdome)
    Just wondering how old you'll all be when you start Oxford? I'm going to be 20, bit worried about being ancient... any other gap yearers/ people who for some reason won't be 18 when they get there?!
    I don't know if it counts, but my birthday is in September so I'll be 19.

ReputationRep:
    that's definitely not the case, don't worry different colleges move in on different days so you might not get the full 7 days before teaching starts but there's plenty of freshers madness at oxford just like everywhere else. i had classes on monday and tuesday of freshers week (stupid theology stuff) and still managed to go out every night quite comfortably, and everyone in college was set work on thursday for the following week, but most didn't start until after freshers was over so you're not missing out on anything.

also for the person asking about being 20, from what i've found it's not unusual, and certainly not noticed. lots of my friends took gap years, as did i, and a couple turned 20 before they got to uni (september birthdays) but i didn't realise for ages, it's not a big deal - or at least hasn't been with the people i've met in college.

ReputationRep:
    thanks thats reassuring - i actually will have had two gap years- first one out of choice, second one didn't get into any unis i liked - so i will have had a lot of 'life experience' ha ha. i just wish i could start now really!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.