Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why have all the greatest boxers/rappers in the world embraced Islam? Watch

Announcements

(Original post by callumt_y)
      So all Catholics like to fondle kids then.

FYI there's 1.2-5 BILLION Muslims walking this Earth, you wouldn't be able to step out of your house if all Muslims condoned blowing people up.
      1) I havent said that all muslims are terrorists or that they all condone blowing people up.
      2) It's not even a good analogy. Paedophile priests dont back up what they do with the bible.
      3)Whilst you dont all condone blowing people up, you arent exactly quick to condemn it either.

ReputationRep:
      Because they chose to?
      But seriously, who da **** cares? :doctor:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Steevee)
      It's funny you should say that, because they'd say the same about you.

It's all th same rubbish between Wahhabists, Shia's, Sunni's. You all say the other aren't really Mulsims. I think what we should say instead, is they are a type of Muslim, otherwise it would seem none of you are Muslims.

I believe the key parts of Islam are following the teachings of the Qu'ran and worshipping Allah, and you all do that. Some of you simpley interpret the Qu'ran differently, which by the way has a remarkable number of grey areas for the 'perfect' book
      i cant argue with that

it just makes sick that those people who kill themselves and others

ReputationRep:
      There are lots of muslim footballers too. In fact a lot of famous people are muslim but hey, it doesn't fit the agenda, gotta promote that terrorist image of a guy in a turban, long beard shouting stuff in arabic and blowing himself up.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by 4TSR)
      Well, maybe. Does it make you happy when a load of people convert? are you a convert?
      Yes because it's more people accepting the true religion, so of course it makes me happy.

No I was born Muslim. But there's confusion about that.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by morecambebay)
      1) I havent said that all muslims are terrorists or that they all condone blowing people up.
      2) It's not even a good analogy. Paedophile priests dont back up what they do with the bible.
      3)Whilst you dont all condone blowing people up, you arent exactly quick to condemn it either.
      1) K good.
      2) Yes they do, and have.
      3) I know SOO many Muslims that get involved in preaching the true essence of Islam.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by x-friends)
      In Christianity yes. Christianity - named after Christ.

Islam - the religion given and named by God.

Jesus is a Prophet of Islam. He is not and can never be the son of God.

I can send you a booklet on the True Religion.
      Oh right well seeing as this is a Christian country, Jesus is known as the son of god.

ReputationRep:
      Since when did Manny Pacquiao convert to Islam?

Also, I really don't think your list of rap legends is comprehensive either.

Interesting question but ultimately flawed.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by lella_m)
      :facepalm2:

That is all.
      K, don't cry.

ReputationRep:
      Yes because it's more people accepting the true religion, so of course it makes me happy.

No I was born Muslim. But there's confusion about that.
      Confusion?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by callumt_y)
      Just to name a few:

Boxers

Muhammad Ali
      Rubin Carter
      Bernard Hopkins
      Mike Tyson
      Danny Williams
      Chris Eubanks

Rappers

Rakim
      Nearly all of the Wu-tang Clan
      Mos Def
      Lupe (I think he was born into it though)
      Ice Cube
      Q-Tip
      Bone Thugs
      Beanie Siegel
      Scarface
      The Roots
      Ghost Face Killer

and so so many more LEGENDS in both fields, why do barely any of them convert to Judaism or Hinduism or Christianity? Why Boxing and Hip Hop in particular - how come there are barely any Muslim actors - or of other professions in the Entertainment industry?
      Most / all of the above people were born into christian based societys. The notion of god will be well understood and natural to them. When you, in the context of god, look at all the avaliable religions, Islam is the one with the least flaws. It has most bases covered and plugs the holes that existed within christianity. For referance, the timeline goes Judaism>Christianity>Islam. Each one being created to address flaws and quarrels people have with their predecessor.

Coming from a religious context Islam is the obvious choice. Objectively however it is likely that the people you mentioned would have came to different conclusions and lived similarly but secularly with humanistic motivations rather than using a deity to justify any actions.

ReputationRep:
      There's always hype around Islam because people are scared as they know its the true religion.

ReputationRep:
      Islam for them is the truth, and peace.
      Other faiths provide them nothing special.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by 4TSR)
      Confusion?
      I was talking to someone at a mosque and apparantly you don't become Muslim until you take your Shahadah, even if you are born into the religion, which I doubt.

ReputationRep:
      I was talking to someone at a mosque and apparantly you don't become Muslim until you take your Shahadah, even if you are born into the religion, which I doubt.
      How about the teaching: "every person is born Muslim"?

ReputationRep:
      Sorry but I will never accept Islam is the "true religion" after hearing these very true facts about Muhammed stated by Guramit Singh (ex-muslim)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an49llitNlA

explain that.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Steevee)
      It's funny you should say that, because they'd say the same about you.

It's all th same rubbish between Wahhabists, Shia's, Sunni's. You all say the other aren't really Mulsims. I think what we should say instead, is they are a type of Muslim, otherwise it would seem none of you are Muslims.

I believe the key parts of Islam are following the teachings of the Qu'ran and worshipping Allah, and you all do that. Some of you simpley interpret the Qu'ran differently, which by the way has a remarkable number of grey areas for the 'perfect' book
      :sigh:

The emboldened doesn't make any sense, I implore you to read these two posts,
      http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...0&postcount=36
      http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...6&postcount=37

90% of the Islamic world follow the Sunni sect whilst the remaining 10% largely follow the Shia sect. They both hold the same beliefs but have a historical dispute, please look at their essential pillars of Islam to be a Muslim, none contradict one another, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Pi...am_.28Sunni.29

There are other sects but they make a very small minority. If there are grey areas, it is explained by very pious scholars who are spilt into schools of thought (madhabs).

(Original post by Cringe)
        There's always hype around Islam because people are scared as they know its the true religion.
        Yeah, or I suppose it could be because building a society around the whims of a magical sky daddy is completely moronic. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by 4TSR)
        How about the teaching: "every person is born Muslim"?
        Every person is before they come into this world - in the womb.

However you must make this declaration, which I have done.

Are you a born Muslim?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by accesstohe)
        Sorry but I will never accept Islam is the "true religion" after hearing these very true facts about Muhammed stated by Guramit Singh (ex-muslim)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an49llitNlA

explain that.
        For every one video you link against Islam they'll be 10 more about those that have converted to Islam. Explain them.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2010
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.