Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katie_flaherty)
    Just spoke to Dee, bless her she has been bombarded with calls! She's caught on to the fact that we're posting on forums and twitter and things, lol she was like im going on my lunch now so tell your chat room that I wont be answering calls for the next hour!

But some good news to let everyone know there is hope for us all....i got offered a conditional place so there is a light at the end of this very very long tunnel!!!!

Good luck to everyone.
    Katie what was the condition of your place?

I finally plucked up the courage to ring....and I'm in!!! Am so chuffed with myself, mine is conditional too but only in the fact I have to show them a certificate that I didnt have at the time of interview.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Mrs Horsy,

Well done!!! I am also chuffed!!

Mine is conditional based on if i get a 2.1 in my degree and I need to show my GCSE certificates.

ReputationRep:
    2 places gone...60? i think? still left!!!!

well done mrshorsy, knew you would get in anyway!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missodedra)
    Have any of you asked for any feedback as to why you didnt get in?
    Yeah, she said if we email her she'll arrange to have it sent out by post as soon as its available.

Congratulations to those who've got on Hopefully next year that'll be me, just got to stay positive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unimpressed)
    Yeah, she said if we email her she'll arrange to have it sent out by post as soon as its available.

Congratulations to those who've got on Hopefully next year that'll be me, just got to stay positive!
    unimpressed, have you no other options? Don't forget you can apply through extra and clearing. Also check out your local scitt some you have to apply direct and may still be open. Nottingham primary Scitt accept applications all year and have two rounds of interviews per year.

ReputationRep:
    I have now been ringing for an hour and a half, keep getting straight to answerphone! arghhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    Can I just say that I haven't phoned up !!!
    But although I was made redundant last November, I have been actively Coaching (Children's Rugby), reading Volunteer (six years), Scouting (4 years with age group 6-8 year olds) and been a father for nearly 11 years. So I have been considering teaching for the last 3 or 4 years. I have a Masters and a degree.
    So us oldies should have equal chance. I was with the same company for 24 years in different roles, all this time building people skills, meeting people from all over the world, managing some pretty awkward people.
    My degree did finish in 1985 in the days of no fees and a nearly full grant. I have paid taxes for 26 years. So blowing my own trumpet there is a lot of experience there. Managing parents is one of the most important parts of being a teacher.

So lets hear it for us mature people.
    But if I don't get in I'm already planning a slower entry into teaching.

Nick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yilishibi)
    unimpressed, have you no other options? Don't forget you can apply through extra and clearing. Also check out your local scitt some you have to apply direct and may still be open. Nottingham primary Scitt accept applications all year and have two rounds of interviews per year.
    To be honest I don't really have another option. My second choice is Leicester, and whilst the website still says vacancies it's pretty much the same situation as Trent in that its been decided just not changed on track. I did look at the SCITT route as that's what Mr Gove seems to want everyone to do, but I would prefer to do a PGCE, and I don't want to rush into something that's not right for me simply to try and avoid the fees hike

I think i'll wait until I see what my feedback says and then i'll reconsider my options and think about what I have to work on. I'm just really annoyed that they've probably known they didn't want me since November, yet they haven't passed me onto my second choice to give me a second chance

Thanks for reminding me there's still other options though

ReputationRep:
    f-ing *******s!! my app went to them on 25th nov and i didnt even get an interview and only find out now that i didnt get in, now my next choice is full! trent have f-cked me over completely, if i had known then i could have sent my app to my next choice straight away!! i will be sending them a very crappy letter about their appauling service

ReputationRep:
    Guys just to let you know it appears TRACK has finally started working had my email about 2 mins ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poppet_16)
    f-ing *******s!! my app went to them on 25th nov and i didnt even get an interview and only find out now that i didnt get in, now my next choice is full! trent have f-cked me over completely, if i had known then i could have sent my app to my next choice straight away!! i will be sending them a very crappy letter about their appauling service
    Sorry to hear that I wrote my letter after they didn't let us know in January... literally just been waiting for the decision to be made so I can send it

ReputationRep:
    i think everyone who didnt get in should write letters, this isnt the system, this was ntus choice to not tell us that we didnt get in and they have put our futures at risk because they thought it was better not to let us know until the last minute that they didnt want us. this is very unprofessional

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katie_flaherty)
    Hi Mrs Horsy,

Well done!!! I am also chuffed!!

Mine is conditional based on if i get a 2.1 in my degree and I need to show my GCSE certificates.
    Mine too! :-) Do you know if that means we can't apply for accommodation etc until we've graduated? I'm very confused as the offer text is ridiculously short but Dee told me that it would tell me all I need to know...? Maybe I will ring next week when it has died down to clarify...

And feedback...will that include how we did in the maths test etc? I thought they said back in Nov (long long time ago!) that we would get letters with all that? :-s

(and sorry to interrupt the flow of conv, only just got on after a manic day...)

ReputationRep:
    Unsuccessful I'm afraid, maybe next year GTTR updated finally !!!!

Nick

ReputationRep:
    Veg chick if you log on to your track go to the main menu option and scroll down to view and print option this allows you to see the letter that the GTTR would send out to you and is a bit more detailed.

ReputationRep:
    are there still people who havent heard yet?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't found out yet. I phoned Dee today and she said they were still deciding?! It still says 'stop' on track. I just really want to know now, it's very frustrating!

ReputationRep:
    well now i dont know whether to ring gttr and change my choice or wait to see from trent. i'm 99% sure i havent got in coz i havent even had an interview but they still havent said

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview last week and was of the understanding that the interviews were ending this week so you may still hear something.

ReputationRep:
    No news so far today!

Have to say this is doing my head in !

I'm very supprised nicknottscanary that you didn't get in.

It has made me feel even more nervous !

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.