Your most controversial views? Watch

Rhadamanthus
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by sherlllll)
I don't really want to go much into this here because I know from past experience how controversial such a view is, but I watched David Cole's revisionist series on youtube and found some of his arguments quite compelling. Linked if you want, it's interesting to watch the series as he's clearly not some white supremacist bigot; he's Jewish and relies only upon evidence and factual, logical arguments. His arguments in this series single out Auschwitz in particular.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXKHw0EZrqM
If you honestly are into this kind of thing then you'll be open to the other side of the argument? Read "The Holocaust" by Martin Gilbert which is filled with eyewitness accounts by survivors, German civilians and Nazi soldiers, as well as journalists, diplomats and politicians.
dnumberwang
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by IFondledAGibbon)
Retard confirmed. I seriously can't be arsed with people like you.
That's when you were the one getting preachy in the first place, fine then
cttp_ngaf
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I am very much for national borders and ethnic segregation. I think people are best off this way.

I want to preserve individual cultures, not destroy them all and merge into one.

I think the planet is grossly overpopulated and that this is the major cause of most/all of our global problems.

I am pro-eugenics and absolutely against encouraging weak and undesirable children to be born when they needn't be.

I have "traditional" views on gender roles. As in, what I think is best for people and what makes them happy, not what I would force them to do. I just think people shouldn't have to face societal pressures which conflict with their biological urges.

I think that the genetic differences between people, and between groups of people, influence their brains as well as every other part of them which we all accept.

I'm against many trendy forms of environmentalism, but all for certain others.
For example I am absolutely against wind farms, probably the most environmentally-destructive form of power generation available today.

**** knows, most of my views are controversial. And correct, of course.

MagicNMedicine
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Alcibiades)
I would wholeheartedly welcome the liqidation of a certain group of hideous hook-nosed, deluded, vicious propagandists.
I agree with you on this one, I would not miss the Daily Mail one bit.
Rhadamanthus
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Alcibiades)
I would wholeheartedly welcome the liqidation of a certain group of hideous hook-nosed, deluded, vicious propagandists.
The Welsh?
IFondledAGibbon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dnumberwang)
That's when you were the one getting preachy in the first place, fine then
It's called wording an opinion; at least I try to back mine up.
auzzieman04
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
its quite surprising how contrversial people really are
sherlllll
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by JakePearson)
If you honestly are into this kind of thing then you'll be open to the other side of the argument? Read "The Holocaust" by Martin Gilbert which is filled with eyewitness accounts by survivors, German civilians and Nazi soldiers, as well as journalists, diplomats and politicians.
Quoting myself here:

No worries, tell me what you think of it all when you're done sometime, I don't really know what to make of it myself still, I need someone elses opinion on it all. Sometimes when I think that it was all a hoax I feel disgusted with myself, it's definitely a tricky issue for me too.
Yes, I have acknowledged both sides of the argument. I'm currently puzzling over this, it's an issue thats really troubling me. I suggest you watch the video series though, it's very interesting and completely true.
W.H.T
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LadyRowena)
Mainly because I believe that if people choose to risk f*cking up their bodies then that's their choice. Also, legalising them would almost eradicate the problem of organised drug-related crime, enable the monitoring of quality so that other dangerous chemicals are removed (e.g. people putting bleach in cocaine) and the sale of drugs could be taxed in the same way as alcohol and cigarettes in order to fund the treatment of drug-related illness and rehabilitation programmes.

Despite holding these views, I can understand why they're illegal and am not a drug user myself.
So I'm right in assuming that you also believe those people should be responsible for paying their own healthcare, rather than leaving this for the rest of the population who chose to maintain a healthy lifestyle?
Rhadamanthus
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My controversial view is that capitalism is the most moral economic and political system possible. I also think Iran's nuclear facilities should be bombed before they acquire nuclear weapons.
IFondledAGibbon
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by cttp_ngaf)
I am very much for national borders and ethnic segregation. I think people are best off this way.

I want to preserve individual cultures, not destroy them all and merge into one.

I think the planet is grossly overpopulated and that this is the major cause of most/all of our global problems.

I am pro-eugenics and absolutely against encouraging weak and undesirable children to be born when they needn't be.

I have "traditional" views on gender roles. As in, what I think is best for people and what makes them happy, not what I would force them to do. I just think people shouldn't have to face societal pressures which conflict with their biological urges.

I think that the genetic differences between people, and between groups of people, influence their brains as well as every other part of them which we all accept.

I'm against many trendy forms of environmentalism, but all for certain others.
For example I am absolutely against wind farms, probably the most environmentally-destructive form of power generation available today.

**** knows, most of my views are controversial. And correct, of course.

Oh my ****ing God, I don't think I've ever raged so hard at a thread. Thanks TSR for making me loose faith in humanity.
lightburns
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Umm... many of my 'controversial' views are well supported here, eg. legalisation of drugs.

I guess I collect animal fur rugs, and there must be a lot of anti-fur people. I find that people judge my animal skins on one hand whilst holding a steak in the other (the skins I have come only from animals that were eaten also).

Other than that.. I am for high taxes because I support the Nordic model of how to do things.
auzzieman04
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by doloroushazy)
while I wouldn't call myself a member of VHEMT... I definitely think people should be having far, far fewer kids.
Really pro-animal rights, anti-animal testing as well, apparently that's a contraversial one hah
if i could i would give you positive rep
joey!
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tripleeagle)
Why is that?
Because major taxes on the poor wouldn't make sense.
Alcibiades
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by JakePearson)
The Welsh?
produced a lol.
lightburns
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh my ****ing God, I don't think I've ever raged so hard at a thread. Thanks TSR for making me loose faith in humanity.
I don't think the guy was that controversial. :/
dnumberwang
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's called wording an opinion; at least I try to back mine up.
It's called immediately challenging anyone who doesn't share your views, exactly like a stereotypical (but not that common) veggie
IFondledAGibbon
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by lightburns)
I don't think the guy was that controversial. :/
Nationalism, sexism, anti-environmentalism (if that's a word)
laughylolly
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by MagicNMedicine)
If you write off the LEDC debt now would you compensate holders of debt from LEDC countries?

And if not - how would you facilitate them to be able to borrow in the future?

Because if they have been able to get away with an en masse default, they're going to struggle to raise borrowing in the future, which would mean they have to run balanced budgets. Even developed countries are nowhere near being able to run balanced budgets without access to capital markets.
I'm not saying it can happen. But it would be good if it was somehow possible... maybe they would eventually have the financial freedom to grow.

Edit: Some individual countries like Canada are actually writing off a lot of debt that LEDC's owe them... I guess it would have to be the choice of the lender.
Rhadamanthus
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Quoting myself here:

Yes, I have acknowledged both sides of the argument. I'm currently puzzling over this, it's an issue thats really troubling me. I suggest you watch the video series though, it's very interesting and completely true.
Well I'd recommend that Gilbert book. This guy is good too, as are his books. Holocaust denial historians are not actually qualified historians in most cases and have been disreputed and debunked by the majority of Holocaust scholars since the end of the war. Yad Vashem have some good resources. I believe they now have the names and info of 4.5 million victims. I think the sheer amount of bureaucracy in the Nazi German state negates the view that the Holocaust didn't happen/was on a lower scale. The plans for a "final solution" were passed down through the ranks of the party at every level. The American Historical Association, former SS members and many historical institutes go into depth on the issue. I think the Holocaust was the most documented tragedy in history. "Never before has a tragedy elicited so much witness from the killers, from the victims and even from the bystanders—millions of pieces here in the museum what you have, all other museums, archives in the thousands, in the millions", as Elie Wiesel says.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (469)
38.13%
No - but I will (95)
7.72%
No - I don't want to (87)
7.07%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (579)
47.07%

Watched Threads