?
Report 8 years ago
:awesome:
Danny the Geezer
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I demand a glossary of in-joke and acronym explainations please.

But on a real. I have contributed some good ideas in the past (if the feedback I got from them was anything to go by). I'll get my thinking cap on. You make me a Mod and I'll provide you with amazing ideas, deal?
Louis.
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Is there a way to have the same thread show in two different forums? So could the England v Wales thread be in both the main football forum and the match discussion sub forum? Just take it off the main forum when it's finshed to avoid cluttering it up.

Will be hidden away otherwise, especially for people who don't use the forum much.
Stu Laverty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Louis.)
Is there a way to have the same thread show in two different forums? So could the England v Wales thread be in both the main football forum and the match discussion sub forum? Just take it off the main forum when it's finshed to avoid cluttering it up.

Will be hidden away otherwise, especially for people who don't use the forum much.
The closest thing I can think to that would be to post it originally in the main Football forum and then move it (leaving redirects) to the new Match Discussion forum. The problem with that though is that there might be lots of matches in one week and it could push some of the society threads (particularly the less active ones like the Newcastle, Chelsea and Spurs ones) off the first page.
Louis.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Stu Laverty)
The closest thing I can think to that would be to post it originally in the main Football forum and then move it (leaving redirects) to the new Match Discussion forum. The problem with that though is that there might be lots of matches in one week and it could push some of the society threads (particularly the less active ones like the Newcastle, Chelsea and Spurs ones) off the first page.
Always thought that looks a bit messy :nopity: but I suppose it could work.

Or we should get the admin guys to redesign the entire site to fit our needs

You were a mod, you must have contacts and stuff, make it happen :fyi:
JK.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I see what you mean Louis, I guess it wasn't that vital today but it will be for prem gameweeks until people are a bit more aware of the subforum. I think the best thing to do will be what Stu says, but rather than do it for each thread, just post the Ultimate thread in the football forum and move it over, there'll be a new one each week and as it's only a single thread it'll hardly do too much damage in terms of pushing threads off the first page. :dontknow:
Colbert
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I wouldn't notice the subforum if I didn't know it existed from this thread. TSR design fail :holmes:

Does it even need a subforum? Not sure why there is such a desperation to keep the Soc threads at the top of the forum when in reality they should be deleted :dontknow:
Kevmeister
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Colbert)

Does it even need a subforum? Not sure why there is such a desperation to keep the Soc threads at the top of the forum when in reality they should be deleted :dontknow:
Deleted? Why?
Colbert
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kevmeister)
Deleted? Why?
The debates are circular and appear on a weekly basis, the amount of dupes is embarrassing, trolling is pathetic and much of it is done by the longest serving members. It's a terrible system and breeds an environment in which members of a Soc believe that outsiders are not welcome.
JK.
Rep:
?
You make a lot of good points, but what do you suggest would be a better alternative wrt club news/discussion?
Colbert
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
A big link to 606?
Colbert
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by marcusmerehay)
That's odd, because Slovenia v Italy was on ITV4 tonight. :lolwut:

Last time I ever use this site then. The fact it still has it wrong is a shambles :facepalm2:

Need a new fixture schedule site :holmes: This looks better.
Louis.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Bot is Ed Miliband, sniping from the sidelines without coming up with anything himself.

Socs aren't perfect but they work fine for club discussion. There isn't a viable alternative.

JK, can you put big flashy signs advertising the new forum? Maybe sticky a thread in the main football forum as well.
Colbert
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ed Miliband wishes he was as incisive as me tbf, all the good changes have come out of my genius ffs.
Kevmeister
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The debates are circular and appear on a weekly basis, the amount of dupes is embarrassing, trolling is pathetic and much of it is done by the longest serving members. It's a terrible system and breeds an environment in which members of a Soc believe that outsiders are not welcome.
Where would one discuss a new kit? Or the club's youth team and so forth? Socs are still needed, and play little part wrt the creation of dupes, tbh. The outsiders thing only rears it's head when there's controversy, and some of the longest serving members are massive trolls anyway so they'll just troll in many threads as opposed to one or two like now.
JK.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Louis.)
Bot is Ed Miliband, sniping from the sidelines without coming up with anything himself.

Socs aren't perfect but they work fine for club discussion. There isn't a viable alternative.

JK, can you put big flashy signs advertising the new forum? Maybe sticky a thread in the main football forum as well.
I did ask for it to be put as an announcement but that doesn't seem to have happened yet, not that the announcements are really that standoutish anyway. I'll copy the thread that's stickied in the new forum to the top of this one and make that the only one with a colourful title for the moment. :yy:

That and posting about it in the socs just before the games begin next week is the only thing we can do I think. :holmes:
Kevmeister
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You need to get a link on the forum index, tbpfh. Fight your corner, JK! :slap:
Colbert
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
So for next week's round of games there are 4 threads already made and possibly a couple more born from the Sky live games. Are a few extra threads a week really worth hiding away in a subforum to begin with?
JK.
Rep:
?
Looks like I can sort out announcements myself so I'll do that in a min.

(Original post by Kevmeister)
You need to get a link on the forum index, tbpfh. Fight your corner, JK! :slap:
Didn't realise the wasn't one, not sure how much difference it'll really make but I guess it should be there anyway, cheers for the heads up. :yy:
JK.
Rep:
?
So for next week's round of games there are 4 threads already made and possibly a couple more born from the Sky live games. Are a few extra threads a week really worth hiding away in a subforum to begin with?
It's guaranteed to be 3 extra threads - the ultimate one, the arse one and the united one. If the likes of Chelsea/Spurs/Pool/City had a decent game/were on tv they'd all be getting threads too, not to mention the midweek fixtures which there are a lot of throughout the season. I reckon there'll regularly be 8+ threads a week, which may not be a huge amount, but it'd definitely clutter the football forum and potentially add to the confusion of what should be posted where. When there's the option of separating it from the other stuff, it just seems sensible to do so. :dontknow:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (535)
37.84%
No - but I will (110)
7.78%
No - I don't want to (96)
6.79%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (673)
47.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed