What strange food habits do you have? Watch

hazelsaurus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm vegan?

Erm, also I only eat organic, healthy food always, I cannot eat unhealthily or feel horrible, no artificial colouring or additives etc, and locally sourced veg.
hazelsaurus
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ch0llima)
Fried egg sandwiches - I peel the crusts off the bread and dunk them in ketchup or any yolk which drips out of the egg and onto the plate.

Bread rolls - I remove the inside of the top half and eat that separately, meaning room for more filling inside the roll as you've liberated the top half.

Pringles - I always eat them in groups of five :lolwut:
Narwhales and bacon?
Paul McCartney
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
At McDonalds, I always get a Big Mac with no sauce, vegetables, or cheese, and I ask them to take out the extra patty in the middle.
noodles!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I do tend to eat food separately- I'm not obsessive over it but it seems to be something I do.

I generally refuse beans but if I have to have them they MUST NOT touch anything (this is tricky) and I eat them straight away. Cold beans= disgusting. Cold bean juice on my chips or whatever = dinner ruined.

I always eat the crust from sandwiches first.

To the crisp sandwich discussion further up, I asked a German student we were working with what she thought of crisp/chip butties, she said she thought it was disgusting as it was just a carb sandwich.
Smophy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I always eat the worst parts of the meal first and leave the best till last. I always have to have a bit of everything left for the last mouthful though (a bit of meat, bit of potato maybe a pea and a carrot lol). Leaving best till last gets really annoying though when someone comes along and steals it!!

Toast with mayo on sounds so wrong but it is delicious!

I always want to have my dessert before my main. Not allowed though as my partner throws a paddy at me for it haha

Also what I used to do for a snack is get a small chocolate bar, for example a Rocky, and wrap it in a cheese slice. Yummy lol

Oh and I haven't done this since I was a child as I know how bad for me it must be but sugar sandwiches are amazing. With butter of course!

Oh and I never eat baked beans as they are. They need to be heated up with cheese in them so it is all melted in! Great to have a bowl of cheesy beans after a night out, swear it prevents a hangover
Destroyviruses
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by flown_muse)
What's that?
It's just a thing where you sense things differently. I've read that people with it also like for their foods not to touch. etc.
TotoMimo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by noodles!)
To the crisp sandwich discussion further up, I asked a German student we were working with what she thought of crisp/chip butties, she said she thought it was disgusting as it was just a carb sandwich.
A carb sandwich is EXACTLY what it is, which is why it's amazing. I used to make sandwiches from leftover stovies/mashed potatoes... or leftover macaroni cheese. PURE CARB.
synthpopx
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Toast with potato salad. Is that strange?
noodles!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TotoMimo)
A carb sandwich is EXACTLY what it is, which is why it's amazing. I used to make sandwiches from leftover stovies/mashed potatoes... or leftover macaroni cheese. PURE CARB.
I know right? Toasties made from pasta and sauce or noodles or similar are particularly good.
Zebracolors
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ever since 2000, I drink hot coffee with a straw. Well I do when I get it from a coffee house every time but not if I make it at home. Comes from when I worked as a landscaper. I'm always careful not to drink too fast when its still hot
username196545
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by CJ)
Not me, but I was recently with someone who ate a whole kiwi fruit... like, the furry skin and everything. Made me shudder inside...

I dunno if I have any real weird ones. I have odd food combos (ryvita and lemon curd FTW :coma:) and various silly healthy things, but apart from that...
I watched a bloke on the tube opposite me eat an apple.
All of it, ie, the core.

Who the hell eats the core!?
There was nothing left of it!
strobe
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I pull bits of my sandwiches off and eat it like that instead of biting into it
~*AsmaAttack*~
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I dip chocolate in tea and coffee. I suck crisps before I eat them and I have ketchup with rice!
anonymous 428
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i eat extra salt and pickle with everything.. its bad for health i guess !
Nionnyn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I can't let liquids touch! So if I want tomato Sauce with my Sausages, and beans with the chips I can't let them touch or mix or I just can't eat it! I also can't pick off anyone else's plate and I won't let them touch mine, or I feel sick! Don't know why =/
TotoMimo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Nionnyn)
I can't let liquids touch! So if I want tomato Sauce with my Sausages, and beans with the chips I can't let them touch or mix or I just can't eat it! I also can't pick off anyone else's plate and I won't let them touch mine, or I feel sick! Don't know why =/
"JOEY DOESN'T SHAAAARE FOOOOD!"

Haha! No but seriously, I hate that scenario when you're out eating, the people you're with are clearly hinting that they want some of your dinner to taste, and so start doing the "Does... does anyone want to try mine?" routine, eyeing up your langoustines when they decided to get a salad...
Smoked Salmon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by seasons of wither)
DOES ANYONE ELSE FIND THE STRINGY BITS ON BANANAS REPULSIVE??? forgot to mention this.
Haha well I don't like eating them if that's what you mean, and it's annoying when it doesn't come off with the banana peel and you have to take them off yourself if that makes sense.
alabelle
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I hate vinegar on chips. Well, to be honest I hate chips anyway, but although hot chips are okay with vinegar, it's when they start to cool that bothers me. The chips go all spotty and gross... ick
jordz
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Kayak)
Agreed! I hate it! I've got better now, but I used to leave the room when someone came in eating crisps! Now I just breathe through my mouth so I don't have to smell them, but nope, do not like them at all. And I really don't like being offered one at school, when someone holds the packet out to you and I try to politely refuse even though I know I'm probably looking at them like they've just offered me a pile of dog poo or something!
The smell makes me want to vomit, especially when people bring them into lecture rooms, which are quite confined so you get a mixture of the different offensive smells. Disgusting.:yucky:

I think you're the only other person who dislikes them like I do. Go us.:five:
TotoMimo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I didn't realise it was strange until someone pointed out the way I make a cup of tea. Apparently I do it the same way every time, and it's "weird". Boil the kettle, put the milk in first, pinch the teabag with my fingers, holding it at the side of the mug, then pour the boiling water into the mug over the held teabag.

I didn't think it was odd, because to me it just makes sense - you don't need to fish out the teabag, and can hold it in exactly as long as it takes to get the right strength as the milk turns darker and darker. Hm.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (23)
42.59%
Pro-humanity (31)
57.41%

Watched Threads